Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Had my first 'involuntaries', how do I get past the plateau?
  • Had a session last night where I had my first ever involuntary contractions. It felt pretty good, but there was no 'O' like what I've read on the wiki or the forum. 

This time i decided I was going to use the 'do-nothing-approach'. This worked much better than my previous sessions of using lots of body movement and heavy voluntary contractions. 

It took about a half hour before anything really started happening. In that time I focused heavily on all the subtle sensations and movements of the device, some that were so subtle they were almost undetectable. I had to focus hard on not doing anything voluntarily and remaining perfectly relaxed to maintain awareness of these sensations. 

After a while the device seemed to start moving further up inside me on its own. I stayed relaxed and didn't move a muscle, but it kept moving on its own. After a while it reached a point where I was involuntarily clenched and started having involuntary contractions. Moderate though they were, it was a great feeling. But after a bit they just kind of stopped and I returned to my previous relaxed state. I kept the session going, applied some more lube and tried again. Same result, some moderate involuntary movement but no major 'O'. I got 3-4 episodes of involuntary movement, each one kind of diminishing in intensity. I couldn't seem to get past this plateau. 

Is it just a matter of practice/experience to get to the next level? 
    I found that I had to re-lube a few times, should I maybe try something different? 
    Has anybody else had a similar experience to this? 
    I read all kinds of accounts where people just kind of do nothing, previously having had nothing happen before, then all of a sudden they have their first major 'O'. 
    Is there something I should be doing differently once the involuntary contractions start? Or should I just continue to relax and let the involuntary movement do its thing until IT takes me to the next level? 

Thanks!
  • sounds like your doing everything right, it just takes some time before the O's will start hitting.  Just relax even more when the involuntaries hit.  As far as lube, what are you currently using?  Shea butter and natural oils are favorites for alot of users.
  • As far as lube, what are you currently using?  Shea butter and natural oils are favorites for alot of users.

Thus far i've just been using a water based lube called Sliquid H20. I've ordered a bottle of silicone lube to try out and some oil based stuff. I'm working on tracking down some Shea Butter here locally then i'll probably try that. Better lube may actually help, I feel like the water based stuff seems to dry up or get absorbed too quickly and it slows the process down. 
  • PommiePommie
    @musicmaker86,
    Beware!
    If you propose using a silicon-based lube, don't use it with either of the SYN models or the Vice orDeVice. These tools are made of silicon and a silicon-based lube will wreck them.

Go with shea butter if you possibly can but make sure it is certified unrefined (i.e. it has no chemicals added).
  • yes water based lubes dont seem to last too long.  Silicone was one of my favorites until someone mentioned that long term use may not be the healthiest thing, to be sure noone seems to know the long term affects of putting things in our bum so then I switched to extra virgin olive oil which actually works just as well.  I've never tried shea butter but would like to, just havent found any near me.
    @pommie makes a good point, stay away from silicone lubes with silicone toys, oils and water based lubes are ok though.
  • Pommie said:

@musicmaker86,

Beware!
    If you propose using a silicon-based lube, don't use it with either of the SYN models or the Vice orDeVice. These tools are made of silicon and a silicon-based lube will wreck them.

Yes, i've read that silicone and silicone devices do not mix. 
    But not to worry, mine is a classic Helix (the white one). 
    I still want to try the Shea Butter though .

yes water based lubes dont seem to last too long.  Silicone was one of my favorites until someone mentioned that long term use may not be the healthiest thing, to be sure noone seems to know the long term affects of putting things in our bum so then I switched to extra virgin olive oil which actually works just as well.  I've never tried shea butter but would like to, just havent found any near me.

I've ordered a small bottle of silicone lube to get me started for now. Hopefully before it runs out i'll have acquired some Shea Butter and will be able to make the switch over. 

Did you find that when you switched from water-based to silicone you had greater success? 
  • yes much more success.  Movement of the device is key, so if your not properly lubed it will not work as well.
  • Badger

Slippery Stuff Gel is one lube that was tested in the rear, and came out on top of some famous, much less anal-safe lubes.  In fact, it was the only lube that passed the test.  It's super thick, super slippery, and super long-lasting.  And to top it off, it's relatively inexpensive at less than $20 a 16oz pumper on Amazon.  That, with a little Vaseline or Non-Petroleum Jelly on my Aneros, seems to work quite well.

As a historical aside, the man who discovered petroleum jelly, Robert Chesebrough, ate a spoonful every day for over 60 years until his death at 97.  I would say that should make it fairly safe to put in your bum.

• Alex_xxx
    well.. you have a couple of choices.

1. just give it alot of time
    2. try different methods like shallow breathing, do nothing, etc etc.
    3. Mod it, buy a power unit, and get blown out of the sea right away!!!!  ohhh.. yeeeeah!

(sorry about that last one, just had a session that really sent me sky high) :)