Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Starting out, is it normal not to feel anything during sessions?
  • Jspad
    What I mean is, assuming you're not wired yet, can you feel whether or not there is pressure on the prostate? I've been having sessions for about one month so far, and nothing interesting during sessions yet. Only thing I really feel is that the Aneros is up my bum, and it's not hard to just "forget it's there." At least it's comfortable, I guess.
  • Gage
    Yeah, having the same problem. Just started a couple of days ago with the MGX, and can't seem to reproduce any of the pressure or tension that I get when using just my finger.

My guess is that the aneros isn't making adequate contact with your p-spot. Make sure that it's sitting right on it; if you're a tall guy like me, you might have to try something bigger/longer. Also try GENTLY tilting it back and forth... if you hit your prostate, you'll definitely feel something.
  • slimjm
    It's probably hitting it more than you give it credit for.  The further you go along the more you will "sense" it.
  • rumelrumel
    Jspad,

Have you ever seen the images generated viewing a popular form of "Op art" called Magic Eye pictures? To see those images you need to develop a technique of "seeing" which differs from your normal daily viewing patterns. At first viewing one does not "see" the image contained within the patterns of seeming randomness but with the proper attentiveness the image gradually becomes recognizable until it seems so obvious that you wonder how you could have missed it.

Awakening your prostate involves a somewhat analagous concept in that the information (the sensation) being generated by your Aneros massager is already there but it is very subtle in its nature, it is for you to develop your technique to perceive those sensations. As @slimjim accurately noted "It's probably hitting it more than you give it credit for. The further you go along the more you will "sense" it." As you get better and better at focusing and attuning to those initial subtle sensations, their clarity and intensity will grow to orgasmic proportions.

In my post Identifying Obstacles to Progress, I mention Attitude & Beliefs and say a positive attitude of hopeful adventure and lighthearted playfulness will go a long way toward ameliorating the inevitable 'dud' sessions, reducing anxiety, frustration and accompanying depression. Our attitude colors every Anerosession, you are programming yourself for success or failure with each thought associated with your Aneros use. If you think in terms of "...nothing interesting during sessions..." that is exactly what your subconscious is going to have your body manifest.

"Only thing I really feel is that the Aneros is up my bum, and it's not hard to just "forget it's there." Really? If that's true, what's the point of continuing? I suspect you have been feeling more than that or you wouldn't have continued for a month and you wouldn't be here on the Forum seeking advice. Opening up your awareness to all the sensory inputs around you will get you to feel a whole lot more, Your Anerosessions should be much more than only something up your bum, your environment needs to be safe and comfortable, generating feelings of emotional security and love, after all you are planning on making love to yourself with these wonderful little devices aren't you? Taking care to enrich your sensory environment with enticing scents, relaxing music, soothing lighting and erotically tactile furniture all will contribute to feelings of something more than "...Aneros is up my bum..." While it is important for you to feel comfortable with your Aneros inserted, we certainly don't want you to "...forget it's there." There are thousands of sensitive nerve endings surrounding the anus, these nerves we want to awaken and stimulate them to firing messages of happy excitement up to the brain so they can be combined with all the other sensory inputs building the orgasmic response.

"At least it's comfortable, I guess." Don't you know if it's comfortable or not? This is indicative of an ambivalent attitude, one that is neither positive or negative. If it's not comfortable determine why and correct the situation. If it is comfortable then luxuriate in the ease in which it rests, for now you are ready to play.

IMHO, to get the most out of these Aneros prostate massagers and the journey to the Super-O requires a man to experience a paradigm shift in thinking about what constitutes an orgasm and methods of achieving them. The Penis, NOT thread by 'Cockadoodle' and 'rook's thread Whole Body/Whole Mind - the mental side are fundamental for insight into this paradigm thought shift leading one into the "zoneros".
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • Love_isLove_is
    Yes this is totally normal. Rumel, as usual, is spot on accurate in his response and makes great responses. As a comparison, I'm on the extreme end of taking a long time to make progress, but if I remember correctly, it was not until my third or forth year into my Aneros journey till I started to notice and correctly identify prostate sensations and non-orgasmic pleasure from it. Although, the first year and a half was very infrequent sessions due to my disappointment in the lack of pleasurable sensations. You may not take that long. I'm atypical in that regard. Be patient, give it time, and practice as regularly as you can without hurting yourself. This is rarely an overnight success practice, but one that takes time to learn and re-wire the mind/body to these new sensations.
  • Jspad
    Thanks rumel and Love_is. I don't mean to sound indifferent to the sessions, but maybe I am. Guess I need to work harder in seeing the positive in things. As for comfort, I didn't mean that I'm not sure. It's definitely comfortable. When I first inserted, it took a few minutes. Now, it only takes a handful of seconds, and isn't very if at all uncomfortable. As for when it's in, no discomfort. I'll try putting on some music next session, I've been focusing on relaxation rather than enjoyment.
  • Swede

I just got the Helix syn and had been using other devices for a few months now just plodding along and going with what feels good. While the sleeper has awakened, I used a bucket of water rather than a gentle nudge. The Aneros is subtle, very subtle. Arousal levels are important, I notice that it's far easier/faster to get a response from the Aneros when partnered rather than solo.

The main thing for me is the rewiring process.  It takes time and I liken it to walking in a maze in search of the prize in the middle. To dis-associate orgasm with ejaculation which I'm working on now to the point of I got to a mini-O with P-waves and a small peak like experience that was gone in a flash and then nothing. Certainly different than my last session that ended with a hands free super-T, while itself was yes the BEST EVER, I realize that the journey is far from over.  

• Jspad
    That's one thing I need to try I think. I haven't really had a session yet while aroused. I've been refraining from masturbation for a few days, to try to get to the point where I'm aroused.
  • slimjm
    It generally takes having a number of sessions over a period of weeks before you'll pick up on the fact that the massager is indeed hitting the "sweet" G-spot inside, that is the back of your prostate where the nerves that go down from your spinal cord to your penis cross over the back of the gland.  It will come though.  Just be patient.
  • Jspad
    Thanks for sharing all your wisdom and advice guys. I understand now that it's just going to take time. I'll never give up, and I'll keep looking forward to the future. :)