Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Aneros, Arousal & Abstinence
  • didymusdidymus
    @Rumel  After you do a milking is there any refractory period before you are ready for using your Aneros again, or does the milking simply bypass the usual refractory period that comes with ejaculation?
  • rumelrumel
    didymus,

For me, there is a type of refractory period but not as strong or long lasting as after an ejaculation. I think you could consder it a peaceful easing of the pressure for immediate release but it is distinctly not the hormonal sea change triggered by ejaculation. Sensual/sexual interest, arousal & desire are not deeply affected and I am still interested in soon resuming any sensual play I may have been engaged with prior to the milking. However, for me, after milking it is nearly impossible for me to have an ejaculatory orgasm and it takes a great deal more penile stimulation to even get an erection. I've read that some men can still easily get an erection and that their stamina is increased allowing them to stay engaged in intercourse for longer periods of time but that's not me. With regard to Aneros use, I don't think it affects your ability to re-engage your massager for pleasurable purposes.
    I don't understand why most dry-O's do not trigger the same hormonal changes (prolactin release) which ejaculatory orgasms do given that both orgasms induce similar involuntary spasms. I would speculate it has something to do with sensory feedback of semen flow down the urethra in combination with the prostate spasms, if there is no flow then perhaps no signal is sent back up to the brain to release the prolactin and shut down the orgasmic spasms. In milking, you are not causing the prostate to go into orgasmic spasms, just the opposite, you are getting it relaxed enough to open the ejaculatory ducts and allow the flow of prostate fluid out and thus releasing fluid pressure. Now, since there was no spasming to begin with, the sensory feedback from flow down the urethra goes to the brain and the brain says since no spasming was occuring there is no need to release prolactin and shut down a non-existant orgasm. Hence, little or no refractory period but a distinct loss of fluid pressure in the prostate making an ejaculation a more difficult possibility until the fluid pressure is again built up. Just my theory anyway.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • didymusdidymus
    @rumel, Thanks - very helpful.
    One more question about weekly milking-does it help to edge prior to the milking?
  • mdadmdad
    I'm still trying to figure this balance out. So far, I find that my prostate is way more sensitive and responsive the 24 hours after I have ejaculated than before having ejaculated. It's like it's switched on during ejaculation, and is more receptive to pleasure. I've gone a week without ejaculating, and things kind of "die down" to the point where I have to work to bring them back up. But otherwise, for science, it's not possible for me to go longer because my wife won't let me. And the only time I can go THAT long is when she is on her period. Otherwise, she ruins the science experiment every time.
  • rumelrumel
    didymus said:

One more question about weekly milking-does it help to edge prior to the milking?

I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, "Non-ejaculatory, masturbation sessions will increase one's arousal levels for future sessions." Repeated edging not only ramps up your arousal, it also stimulates the production of testosterone and stimulates the prostate into preparing for ejaculation (often called "loading" the prostate). This "loading" has to do with the prostate engorging with blood due to arousal, enervating the muscle fibers in preparation for their forceful contraction spasms during ejaculation. I suspect this also primes the seminal vesicles & ampulla as well. IMHO, yes, it helps to edge prior to milking as you are going to get the both the prostate and seminal vesicles involved in releasing their fluids.The drawback here is that you may be tempted to take your edging past the PONR into an ejaculation or your edging may be sufficiently stimulating that when you begin your prostate massage you also trigger an ejaculation, thus defeating the purpose of the milking. Edge, yes, but use restraint, the idea is to drain the prostate without inducing orgasmic spasms.
  • CanacanCanacan
    Linum said:

An interesting point is that sex after having avoided ejaculation, is FILLED with multi-orgasmic experiences.  I almost feel the need to apologise sometimes, lest my partner thinks I am a bit of a freak, or that I am enjoying it just a little too much!

Man did I laugh at that!
    I can perfectly imagine the scene... Comical!
  • G-ForceG-Force
    Thanks again rumel for guiding me along!

Like Linum, I also experieced an awkward side effect.

Recently, I too felt the need to apologize to my wife. I reacted in such a way during sex that she looked at me with amazement, concern, unease, jealousy, etc. She knows of my aneros sessions and I have had them with her at times. However, I think she was worried that I was going to have a heart attack!

Obviously there are many factors involved here......Any advice rumel?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't know if it is the obstaining from ejaculation period, or the ability to "let eveything go" (thanks to aneros use), or a combination of things.

I dooo know, that this practice is working! I just don't know yet how to convince my wife not to be scared!

• rumelrumel
    G-Force said:
    "Recently, I too felt the need to apologize to my wife. I reacted in such a way during sex that she looked at me with amazement, concern, unease, jealousy, etc. She knows of my aneros sessions and I have had them with her at times. However, I think she was worried that I was going to have a heart attack!

Obviously there are many factors involved here......Any advice rumel?"

First bit of advice I will offer is...ENJOY IT! You have come to know the power of your arousal and its ability to take you to higher levels of sensual experience. Isn't this one of the outcomes you desired when starting your Aneros journey?

Second bit of advice, tell your wife you would not be experiencing these sensations and feelings were it not for her love, support, affection and caring during lovemaking. The emotional bond betwixt you two will enhance any interaction, this can not be understated. Assure her that intensive sexual excitement is naturally healthy and your body would never generate sensations to harm itself so there is no reason to fear.

Third bit of advice, congratulate yourself (ego pat on the back) for learning to "Just Let Go !" so your body took control and your ego just watched (the reverse just doesn't work well). Also congratulate yourself for understanding there are, indeed, many factors involved with this rewiring journey, you've come a long way in a short time, good for you!
  • G-ForceG-Force
    Thank you very much for taking the time to respond!!

As always, you have invaluable advice and it is greatly appreciated!