Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Lube for Helix Syn
  • I'm sorry this is a repeat, but it would take me a long time to find where this has been mentioned elsewhere. What lube is good to use with the Helix Syn, and what not? I wouldn't want me or anyone else to ruin it.
  • isvara
    As far as I can see: any lube except one containing silicone. Also beware of lubed condoms as the lube may contain silicone.
    Silicone in lubricants goes by various names so you need to watch out.
    Some folk say vaseline leaves a coating that is not permanent and can be washed off.
    So either water based or oil based lubricants should be okay. I found a high beeswax 'natural jelly' is good. I also uses walnut and other oils as the prelude.
    IMO silicone lube can melt the surface of the silicone toy.
    Others may have more information
  • [QUOTE=isvara;48234]As far as I can see: any lube except one containing silicone. Also beware of lubed condoms as the lube may contain silicone.
    Silicone in lubricants goes by various names so you need to watch out.
    Some folk say vaseline leaves a coating that is not permanent and can be washed off.
    So either water based or oil based lubricants should be okay. I found a high beeswax 'natural jelly' is good. I also uses walnut and other oils as the prelude.
    IMO silicone lube can melt the surface of the silicone toy.
    Others may have more information

Thank you, Isvara. I use vaseline on all my other models (just got Syn and hope to try tonight or in morning.) It does leave a light coating that doesn't seem to come off with the anti-bacterial hand soap I use. I think someone suggested trying dish washing detergent, especially ones that are advertised to remove grease, and some elbow grease, as mother used to say. I don't think I would use one of those green scrubies let I scratch the surface. What is this high beeswax 'natural jelly'? Is it something you cook up, maybe found on this site?
  • XilehXileh
    I've just used regular liquid hand soap and a washcloth to cleanup after using vaseline. When applying vaseline, warm the Syn under hot tap water first and the vaseline seems to melt right into it.

Xileh
  • [QUOTE=Xileh;48241]I've just used regular liquid hand soap and a washcloth to cleanup after using vaseline. When applying vaseline, warm the Syn under hot tap water first and the vaseline seems to melt right into it.

Xileh

Thank you, Xileh. I can see where a wash cloth is soft enough and yet just right for getting vaseline film off with liquid soap. Also, for the tip on warming it up. When I apply it to cold Aneros of any model, it is more like a paste, but it seems to melt inside of me. The Shea Butter melts inside of me, too, but when I take out the Aneros or later some of it is still quite solid, perhaps depending how big of a chunk i put in. I haven't been able to find cocktail size ice cube trays. I got what I thought were them from Amazon, but they are far too small. I haven't cooked the Shea Butter as recommended, and when I do I want to add coconut oil. I have melted coconut oil and shot it up my rear with a syringe, but I have been liking the vaseline so much I haven't done that again even though it is very smooth and I liked it.
  • isvara
    Answering paulsp
    Briefly it is a mix of about 5gms beeswax to 45 ml of a carrier oils such as walnut, castor or sweet almond. These oils are fairly colourless. Getting really nice beeswax may be a bit of a challenge.
    The mix is heated in a double saucepan so inner container never gets past the boiling point of water. I keep mine to about 80*C (bees wax melts at 70*C i think. VitE can be added as a preservative (45 ml I add 2 x 500mg Capsules) Forum Posts will give better details.

Once mixed it is very important that it is stirred as it cools until it has become a paste otherwise it tends to set. I pre-heat a glass container and pour the hot liquid in at about 60*C. I stir occasionally as it sets. I use a firm wire to stir. I have various mixed with different proportions.
  • Thank you, Isvara
    So bees wax is hard to find, especially good, huh? Probably very pricey, too, like natural honey that is not pasturized and diluted. I'll start with a web search, but I am wondering at what kind of store locally I would look for it.
  • PommiePommie
    To those who are using Vaseline on their Helix SYN, the residue that forms on the tool is not a problem. I have found that if left to dry for a couple of days, it simply rubs off using my fingers. No special equipment required and it only takes a minute or so.