Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Aneros and TSA
  • stumpy
    So I'm flying out of town on friday on a 4 hour flight. From what I've read TSA isn't a problem if it's in the bag and they ask. However I was wondering with appropriate lube could you go through TSA with an Aneros in? Do the back scatters catch it? I have a modified MGX (sans pig tail), do I can sit comfortably the entire time. if something goes wrong I can get to the bathroom and remove it. Had anyone flown with an Aneros in place?
  • RJT
    Never tried it. But, backscatter does not penetrate skin, so the inserted portion would not be visible. The portions not inside the body would be visible to the backscatter image. Also if you get the "full monty" pat down it would probably be felt.
  • stumpy
    Unless they frisk my taint there's nothing to feel since I cut the tail off and if they do frisk my taint I'm going to travel more. lol
  • rookrook
    I shun any "aggravation" or delay at TSA screening points so don't 'pack' during the boarding process. It's always tempting to be a 'stand-out' guy but this is a situation in which the "meek sheep" role works for me.¶¶ I've not had issues with my Aneros gear (including a Tempo) clearing carry-on screening X-Ray.¶¶ If you wind up having to remove it for inspection, keep in mind that it's suddenly, "medical waste" and subject to safe disposal.¶¶ rook
  • rookrook
    remember also the current carry-on rules for carrying gels like slippery stuff -- http://www.tsa.gov/311/311-carry-ons.shtm -- ¶ ¶ ... hth ... rook
  • rumelrumel
    stumpy, While wearing any of the plastic Aneros models probably will not be detected, you could face an embarrassing strip search if you were riding a VICE model with the vibrator module in place. I think 'rook' s advice to forgo riding during the screening process is probably wise, you can always subsequently insert your little massager later, in one of the concourse restroom toilet stalls just prior to boarding your plane, if you're really driven to 'ride' while you ride. image
  • Stop it, you guys! You got me laughing so hard my sides are splitting!
  • enigma
    It could be interesting if the plane suddenly hit turbulence !!!!! Perhaps you should try a simulator first.
  • Stop! Stop! Stop! Youv'e only got me laughing even more!
  • twlltintwlltin
    "Stewardess, this man next to me seems to be having a seizure."
    "Strange… he seems to be enjoying it."
  • tairy
    I took my Helix with me when I traveled through Europe last fall. I just packed it in carry-on luggage and never had a problem. As far as lube goes, I just bought some in the Soho/Piccadilly Circus part of London. While standing on a street corner taking in my surroundings, I got propositioned by a procuress! I declined, but it was a memorable experience nonetheless. You could do worse for interesting travel stories than making a lube purchase shortly after your arrival :)
  • CTCT
    I have gone through security over 6 dozen times over the last several years with several bullets, tempos, and many other products in my carry-on... but I have yet to be stopped or questioned once about any of the products.

However, I wouldn't even consider going through the backscatter "packed" unless you want some attention!
  • stumpy
    LOL...I didn't see any of these responses till now. I opted to just keep them in my carry on luggage...no one ever even looked at them. I considered putting it in place in the bathroom...but I have yet to have a super-O. So with the lack of experience I figured if it happened on the plane I might not know how to keep it under control. However both flights I had the entire row to myself...would have been perfect.
  • I have been putting them in my checked bag, but even today I already decided to put them in my carry-on. I would hate it if my checked bag got lost, although in an insurance form I would use the same reason for them if questioned in carry-on: prescribed by my urologist for control of prostate enlargement. If they demand a note from him, as once happened in Houston airport for my diabetes insulin syringes, I will have a prescription written. Some airports can be fussier than others. Last year in College Station/Bryan, TX we were all asked to dump out all the contents of our carry-ons. That was a first and I hope last. I guess we all, even or mostly the young college girls. looked real suspicious. Is that a complement? Luckily(?) I didn't have any aneros in my carry-on that time. There was a lovely college coed behind me, and I would have been a bit red explaining in her presence. Explaining them to anyone might be tantamount to sexual harrassment these days.
  • CockadoodleCockadoodle
    I travel with my whole arsenal of toys in my packed bag and have never had any one question me or the toys.

I have long resolved that IF I were ever confronted with an inspection, I'd be completely honest regarding their use and give the agent (assuming a male, of course) the website, and an enthusiastic endorsement of our favorite toys.

Cockadoodle