Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Lubrication - various (no carriage returns make it hard to read)
  • isvara
    My first combination. It is based on the Natural Jelly mix (forum) using castor oil. I have only read good things about castor oil. The mix is very slick and slippery, slightly lighter than Vaseline, does not set, does not run. It seems to work as a prelube as well as a coating lube. I have kept it very simple. Perth AU room temp has been around 18*C. Proportions: 50 ml Caster Oil (medicinal quality). Aprox 1300 UI vit E. (from capsules - nearest half capsule). 5.2 gms Organic Beeswax (5ml volume converted to weight). The following details are perhaps an over kill. Apologies to old hands. Preparation: Heat oil in double saucepan boiler. Add beeswax and melt into oil (melts around 70*C). Remove from heat. Add contents of appropriate vitamin E capsules and stir. I also slowly heat an open mouth glass container in water to around 60*C. I can then pour the hot fluid mix into the final container and do all the cooling and stirring in that. *The critical thing is stir it well as it is getting ready to set (around 50*C). *It will go cloudy. I stir it with a 3mm wire. This stops it "setting". It remains delightfully soft. *To stop double dipping I load some into a large syringe and load the backend of the session "insertion" syringe with as much as I want. From this I also coat Helix. It sticks well to the Helix (Acetal). This makes the whole application easy and clean. The clean up is not too bad, needs soap. Fresh smell okay, "used" smell better than others I have tried.(I have used metric *measure as tablespoons are 20ml in Aust and 15ml in US. Tea spoons vary widely. I have used IU because capsules come in many concentrations. I converted the volume to weight by using bees wax specific gravity. It is impossible to squeeze beeswax into a spoon.)
  • twlltintwlltin
    How were you able to measure to an eighth of a gram?

Just testing hard returns...
  • isvara
    Quick reply not working. (iPad hard return)Testing (iPad hard return)Second try
  • isvara
    Yes working, but iPad hard returns not working. I will try a computer hard return later. (iPad hard return)Simplified and without the conversion error, My mix was. 50ml oil, Around 1300 Ui Vit E, 5 gms beeswax, (iPad hard return). I will continue to experiment.
  • Might be a Safari thing.Trying hard return on iMac.
  • isvara
    Yes working, but iPad hard returns not working. (edit with iMac hard return)I will try a computer hard return later. (iPad hard return)(edit with iMac hard return)Simplified and without the conversion error, My mix was. 50ml oil, Around 1300 Ui Vit E, 5 gms beeswax, (iPad hard return)(edit with iMac hard return)I will continue to experiment.
  • twlltintwlltin
    Hard
    returns
    on
    Chrome
    do
    work. :-)

Macs have traditionally used just carriage return for "return". PCs have used carriage return + line feed. Unix has always used just line feed.
  • isvara
    I tried to edit but I could not save the edit.iMac (all Apple?) hard returns not responding when posting.so grateful we are up and running, some
  • isvara
    Testing - none of the buttons in the Save edit button area responded (return)I tried to edit but I could not save the edit. (return)iMac (all Apple?) hard returns not responding when posting. (return)so grateful we are up and running,i am sure it will workout.