Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Clean up for different types of lubes
  • I was just thinking about post session clean up and would like to hear your opinions.

For certain types of lube such as water-based, clean up seems to be relatively easy, as exterior cleaning can be done and the rest is absorbed in the interior.

For other lubes though like silicone and oil based, how do you clean up at the end of a session?

I used to finish with a warm water enema to get rid of any remaining lubricant (I typically use extra virgin olive oil). However, I stopped that habit and took a break from the aneros because I was afraid of the effects of frequent enemas.

Would it suffice to clean the exterior and let anything else in there come out the next morning in a bowel movement without adverse effects? I'd love to hear your routines or suggestions.

I tried this once and several days later, most likely on an unrelated note, I caught a stomach virus that was going around and felt like crap for almost a week. I'm not sure if the two are at all related but it has definitely set me back mentally from using the aneros for a few weeks.
  • twlltintwlltin
    The key for oily lubes is not to use too much. Even so, any excess can be expelled as if passing a stool. I wouldn't worry about any residues. Your next movement might be a little softer than usual and there may be a slight slick on the water surface of the toilet bowl, but that'll be it. A simple wipe/wash is all I've ever needed with natural jelly.

If you're using pure oil, you might leak a little through the sphincter until your next bowel movement, causing spotting on the underwear.
  • Clenchy
    I tried oil-based lube a few times, it was amazingly slick and long lasting, but it was a nightmare to wash off in the shower. The only solution I found was to not use it.
  • twlltintwlltin
    [QUOTE=Clenchy;46928]I tried oil-based lube a few times, it was amazingly slick and long lasting, but it was a nightmare to wash off in the shower. The only solution I found was to not use it.

Which type of oil were you using?