Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Question about post session cleanup
  • Taurus
    Hi,

I've been reading some posts on cleaning before an Aneros session but I've recently started wondering about post session cleanup. I've read on some websites that douching on a regular basis is not a good idea because it dries things out inside if you get what I mean and strips away good bacteria/mucus etc. If it's not such a good idea the big question on my mind is what about the lube, does one just leave it in there until you have another BM?

I generally apply lube to my Aneros so I don't think a whole lot gets inside but what I'm concerned about is what ill effects lube that is left behind could have after all it's a foreign substance. I know doctors use KY jelly for the purpose of checking the prostate and they don't tell you to go home and clean up inside so this is a topic that quite frankly has me confused and I'm curious to hear thoughts on this topic.

Thanks
    Taurus
  • rookrook
    Hey Taurus,

Here's an applicable thread from a couple of years ago. Not much has changed since then. link: -- http://www.aneros.com/forum/f5/lubrication-dangers-update-13551/index2.html --.

As with other guys who are sensitive to some water based I've adopted Shea Butter based lubes. I let a fiber-rich diet clear out the residue. So my cleanup is all external.

The annual trip to my Urologist does involve a generous amount of water based lube (probably glycerin). Unless I wash it out after the exam I have several days of discomfort from Irritable Bowel. I get no jollies from the discomfort of a prostate exam so an enema after the annual exam isn't going to spoil my day.

OTOH, I cherish the sensuous feeling following sex or an Aneros session and believe that a cleansing enema would put a damper on those good vibes.

rook
  • twlltintwlltin
    I use almost exclusively either natural jelly or Vaseline. I have done so for several months. I'm not seeing any problems -- in fact there is the benefit in that the first stool following a session is very easy to pass due to the residual lubrication.
  • Taurus
    Rook,

Thanks for the link, it was very informative and kind of re-enforces my concerns about using products such as KY Jelly which is what I've been using since going back to my Aneros.

It's my preference to use natural products so I've used virgin coconut oil in the past but find it seems to take alot to get things nice and slick so it gets a little on the messy side although if I don't clean after a session, I don't feel bad because I believe coconut oil to be safe.

At one time I used Boy butter which is coconut oil mixed with organic silicone. I wasn't sure what to make of the organic silicone so I decided not to use it anymore but if it was safe I'd probably consider using BB again cause it was nice and slippery and seemed to work well.

Sigh... What one all has to be concerned with in order to hit that pleasurable spot.

Taurus
  • Taurus
    twlltin,

Can you elaborate on the natural jelly? Is that just a petrolium free jelly or something else?

Thanks

Taurus
  • twlltintwlltin
    [QUOTE=Taurus;103640]Can you elaborate on the natural jelly? Is that just a petrolium free jelly or something else?

Here's my recipe... Natural Jelly - Aneros Blog Entry
    There is a whole thread on this forum dedicated to the original formulation (using US measures), which you should find if you do a search.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that a mild enema such as with nothing more than room temperature water was a beneficial thing. I wouldn't use saltwater or harsh chemicals on a regular basis but I didn't think they're be anything wrong with a warm water enema after sessions to clean up. I don't see how water, the most pure substance one can use, could damage. Water gets up there when you shower, bathe, or swim, no?
  • Taurus
    The reason for my question is I found a link for this website that was all about anal play and there was a section on cleaning the rear and here is the list of things they warned about that can occur as a result of douching.

• Douching washes away much of the protective mucous lining of your arse, leaving you more open to infections.
    • It can irritate your arse lining making infections easier to enter through the inflamed skin. Sticking a nozzle
    up your arse could cause tiny cuts.
    • Avoid a douche just before sex as after douching you can still ‘leak’ water for a while.
    • Overuse of enemas/douches can interfere with the normal workings of your bowel, with some people’s
    bowels needing laxatives to function.
    • Enemas can ‘overload’ the heart so avoid them if you have an irregular heart beat or other heart problems.