Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Silicone lube side effects?
  • Evening all,

Are there any problems with silicone lube? I've been doing a little research on safety of different lubes that are commercially available and the ingredients of the homemade ones, one ingredient at a time. Are there any problems with bowel movements after silicone lube use or any rectal irritation? Wish me luck with my little project.
    Life is good -- Enjoy the ride!!!!
  • RJT
    No irritation for me, but I can't swear to the long term effects. Works well for bath time play and lasts a very long time (I use water based except for bath play).They do damage some types of paint finish if spilled so be warned...

I find they're totally gone after the first BM after playi.
  • rookrook
    These comments are based on only a handful of Aneros sessions using Swiss Navy or K-Y Intrigue. Both brands were more slippery and had more durability than my usual Shea Butter based lube.

No irritation form silicone lube and no indication that I'm absorbing it during a session. Unlike RJT's experience, the slippery ano-rectal sensation endured for several days making my regular Anerosless contractions less rewarding.

I've used about 1/3 the amount of lube that I'd use with Shea Butter. Perhaps even less would be better.

Cleanup, using Dawn and Liquid Dial is an issue as I'm seeing water beading rather than sheeting on the Acetal toys when I wash them before a session.

If anyone has a sure-fire way to remove all the silicone residual from the Acetal toys, please post it in this thread.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    As I have stated in the past I find silicone lube too difficult to clean up (as Rook mentioned) and it leaves me feeling like I sprayed a can of "CAMP DRY" (water repellant) up my derriere...not good.

Rook, regarding removing the silicone residue from your Acetal models, try full strength
    Simple Green Concentrate. Immerse a terry cloth towel with it and work the Aneros from stem to stern....rinse and repeat. It should do the trick. Follow this by cleaning with a standard liquid soap.

BF Mayfield
  • CockadoodleCockadoodle
    Hi, guys. Well I'm not certain what "long-term" is, but I have used Astroglide X for months now, and find it very nice. For extended sessions with my acetal model Aneros toys, I also add a bit of Vasoline.

Quite frankly, a little X goes a long way, and works well. I have not suffered any negative consequences as a result, and find it an excellent and highly portable lube. I think Ten_s_nut does as well.

FWIW.

As far as cleaning is concerned, I find that most good soaps and hot water do an admirable job of cleaning the toys.

Cockadoodle
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Gents;

Astroglide X Silicone works well on all my Aneros toys, even the Vice, which is silicone. I tested it for compatibility on the K-tab and you should too before using it on Vice. If there's a problem, the test area will become sticky and remain that way.

I still prefer coating the Aneros with a thin layer of Vaseline and then Walnut Oil. That combo just feels better and lasts all night just like silicone does. Might be less costly, too.

Cheers,

Dave
  • I have been using silicone lubes since I started about a year ago after quickly learning that I am sensitive to glycerin (in the vast majority of water based lubes). They last really long which is always great and can't be absorbed into your body. I have noted 0 side effects. Very recently it was suggested by members of this forum to coat my toy with vaseline/petroleum jelly and I must say that this in combination with silicone lubricant makes for an extremely soft and comfortable feeling - something i will be sure to do from now on.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    [QUOTE=ten_s_nut;100070]Gents;

Astroglide X Silicone works well on all my Aneros toys, even the Vice, which is silicone. I tested it for compatibility on the K-tab and you should too before using it on Vice. If there's a problem, the test area will become sticky and remain that way.

I still prefer coating the Aneros with a thin layer of Vaseline and then Walnut Oil. That combo just feels better and lasts all night just like silicone does. Might be less costly, too.

Cheers,

Dave

Guys,

HIH advises against the use of any silicone based lube with the VICE. Most lube manufacturers have similar warnings about the use of silicone lubes with silicone toys. I've checked on Astroglide X and I've seen nothing that indicates that it is any different in this regard. (Turns out that Astroglide defers to the manufacturer of the silicone toy with regard to safety).

Whether a test area becomes sticky or not after an application of silicone lube, it still has the potential to degrade the silicone device over time. When this occurs it creates microscopic holes on the surface making it impossible to sterilize and unpleasant to use. Given that the VICE is a premium product with a substantially higher cost, I would advise everyone against taking the risk of damaging it. Dave's preferred method (Vaseline and Walnut oil) sounds more on the mark to me.

BF Mayfield