Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Cowper's Gland vs Prostatic Fluid
  • It's rare that I find questions that Google is wholly incapable of answering for me but I have found one:

Any sort of anal play or use of an Aneros results in a pretty steady stream of what I have always assumed was pre-cum or Cowper's Gland secretions. I have been reading about people who utilize prostate massaging as treatment for prostatitis or BPH, and they say that the prostate massage results in prostate fluid coming out of the penis. I read in one, single place that it had the appearance of semen.

Is there a difference, and should a healthy person using an Aneros see prostate secretions? I get the impression that the `prostate secretions` are not supposed to happen, so I'm currently assuming that just having lots of precum is a good sign and I should keep enjoying myself.

Regardless, I've had a hard time gathering info on this and was curious if others had any info they could share. Has anyone had a professional prostate massage (for medical purposes)? Can you elaborate on any difference between so called "prostate secretions" and general pre-cum?

(I got started on all of this because of cleanprostate.com btw, still can't decide what to make of that. I have trouble with "dribbling" sometimes, was told multiple times that I was healthy (no infection, nothing on a basic xray, DRE all cleared okay) so I'm always a bit curious)
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=nob.noob.ody;94703]It's rare that I find questions that Google is wholly incapable of answering for me but I have found one:

Any sort of anal play or use of an Aneros results in a pretty steady stream of what I have always assumed was pre-cum or Cowper's Gland secretions. Yes. And, rather individualized depending on the individual, specific Aneros model and degree of mental arousal

I have been reading about people who utilize prostate massaging as treatment for prostatitis or BPH, and they say that the prostate massage results in prostate fluid coming out of the penis. I read in one, single place that it had the appearance of semen.

Correct. Prostatic fluid makes up about 1/3 of the content of semen. Most of the rest 'cums' from the seminal vesicles and the bulbourethral glandsis. Checkout -- Vas deferens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -- and google links to the other components you see in that reference.

Is there a difference, and should a healthy person using an Aneros see prostate secretions? I get the impression that the `prostate secretions` are not supposed to happen, so I'm currently assuming that just having lots of precum is a good sign and I should keep enjoying myself.

There is a difference. The Cowpers secretion is produced as a prelude to ejaculation (at the start of, or before, foreplay for most of us). It lubricates the urethra, helps with sexual penetration and sets the chemistry for the ejaculate. it also helps the urethera act as a small 'mix-master' by putting a spin on our wad. It's produced from mental stim, erection of the crus (the part of the penis that's inside you) or in the case of anal massage, by pressure on the Cowpers Glands.
    The prostate fluid we produce during massage therapy, a DRE, anal play has little to do with whether we produce pre-cum. Keep in mind too that some guys leak some semen, including sperm, during heavy, extended foreplay or a lot of thrusting.-- ejaculation isn't necessary. And, there's nothing wrong with those gents-- some leak enough sperm to impregnate.

Regardless, I've had a hard time gathering info on this and was curious if others had any info they could share. Has anyone had a professional prostate massage (for medical purposes)?

Yes.

Can you elaborate on any difference between so called "prostate secretions" and general pre-cum?

Think that's answered above.

(I got started on all of this because of cleanprostate.com btw, still can't decide what to make of that. I have trouble with "dribbling" sometimes, was told multiple times that I was healthy (no infection, nothing on a basic xray, DRE all cleared okay) so I'm always a bit curious)

If I'm pain-free, there's no burning and haven't had unprotected sex, I don't see a need to be concerned !

If you visit a Uro for your DRE, spend a moment on asking him/her for info --
  • Korkelz
    Ah, I was going to post a thread on this subject but felt that my question was too small to make a thread; there's a lot being created with all the new users and I don't want to add to the bloat.

When I feel lots of P-waves in the morning I can push out a tiny drop of the clearest pre-cum (cowper's) after getting out of bed. This morning was bizarre. What came out was whiter and thicker than I've ever seen, it looked like natural latex (white stuff that plants bleed); I guess that would be almost pure sperm. I ejaculated a few days ago, so it's not like I'm leaking from too much "conservation." I've never randomly squeezed out sperm like this. I'm not worried, just confused!
  • rumelrumel
    nob.noob.ody,

I concur with 'rook's information, there is indeed a difference between pre-cum and prostate (seminal) fluid. Your Aneros massager may induce emissions of either or both. Many men have reported increased pre-cum production from use of their massagers, see the user's Poll How much Precum do you produce?. Some men have also experienced hands free ejaculatory orgasms as a result of their Aneros use. Your ejaculate is composed of sperm (2-5%), seminal vesicle fluid (65-75%), prostate fluid (25-30%) and less than 1% precum.
    Since prostate fluid composes only part of your ejaculate, it will probably have a different consistency from your full ejaculation. Aneros massagers, under the right conditions, can also induce emissions from your prostate alone, this is called Prostate Milking

@Korkelz, I've experienced similar conditions upon waking in the morning, on a few of those occasions I remember having had an erotic dream immediately before becoming fully awake. I suspect this is pretty normal, somewhat akin to experiencing a wet dream
  • slimjm
    I always assumed the clear fluid seen during sexual excitation or with Aneros use was from the Cowper's glands and the thin milky fluid like when the urologist firmly palpated your prostate during a digital rectal exam was from the prostate.