Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Probly been asked 1000 times, how does a P-wave feel?
  • Korkelz
    Ever since my journey to Super O has began, usually when I do kegels now, I experience what I think is a P-wave, but I'm not sure. It feels like tingling sensations that start around the stomach area and then moves to random parts of my body; my arms, chest, legs. The sensation has lasted anywhere from half a second to four seconds (one time it lasted that long, it was intense).

But all the while in the back of my mind I'm thinking "This isn't a P-wave, it's just a feeling induced by my imagination of what a P-wave might feel like." The sensaiton can be compared to being on a roller coaster and experiencing 0 gravity, a little bit like butterflies in your stomach, it also is kinda like the feeling of the need to stretch and/or yawn. Yet it doesn't feel exactly like any of these things.

I also am skeptical because, based on what I've read on the forum, it seems like the difference between a P-wave and a Super-O is just different intensity levels. And if what I'm feeling is a tiny version of a Super-O then... well it doesn't make sense because if the sensation became that intense, it would feel like 0 gravity on a roller coaster times 10. It would be pleasurable yet paralyzing!

So I'd like to put this mystery to rest. What do you think?
  • From the wiki page "Understanding your body":

"Pleasure waves are a feeling of sexual excitement and pleasure that normally originates in the lower abdominal and/or pelvic regions. P-waves may be localized or spread out all over the body. Some have suggested that the sensation feels like butterflies in the stomach (but lower in the abdomen) or as the feeling of sexual electricity associated with ones first touch from the first encounter with a lover. As the body becomes more sensitized with arousal amplification, pleasure waves become more common and can be produced by the Aneros or by other arousal amplification techniques. P-waves may be very subtle or intense."

You describe the feeling as being kind of like butterflies in the stomach. The wiki says p-waves are often described this way. I would say that what your feeling are in fact p-waves. I think that you are feeling these sensations when your doing kegels suggests to me that they are p-waves. I would suggest you do whatever it is you do to generate these p-waves during your sessions.

Enjoy them!
  • rumelrumel
    Korkelz,

It seems to me you are experiencing a trap we men frequently fall into, namely "over analyzing". From the Aneros WIKI, as 'wintermute007' pointed out - pleasure wave (P-wave) A feeling of sexual excitement and pleasure that normally originates in the lower abdominal and/or pelvic regions. P-waves may be localized or spread out all over the body. Some have suggested that the sensation feels like butterflies in the stomach (but lower in the abdomen) or as the feeling of sexual electricity associated with ones first touch from the first encounter with a lover. As the body becomes more sensitized with arousal amplification, pleasure waves become more common and can be produced by the Aneros or by other arousal amplification techniques. P-waves may be very subtle or intense. I like my own simpler definition - If the sensation feels good then it's a P-wave. If there is no feeling then there is no P-wave and if it doesn't feel good then it is obviously not a P-wave either.

When I do Kegels, I too experience P-waves and this is added incentive to keep doing them. I think you may potentially limit your progress by discounting/questioning or being skeptical about the source of these very real but subtle sensations/feelings. If you are able to create these feelings solely in your imagination makes them no less real in effect and can actually expedite your progress toward the Super-O when you give them credence. It is very similar to using fantasy imagery to build arousal during a session.
  • Korkelz
    Sounds pretty conclusive. So that begs the question, is a Super-O a P-wave multiplied by 100? I wouldn't think so, I imagine a Super-O has a softer warmer, hugging feeling than my P-waves which I could describe as sharp and tingling and grabbing.
  • artformartform
    Hi Korkelz, wintermute007, and rumel!!! :D :D :D :D

P-waves come in all sorts of sizes, powers and textures here, by all reports here, within the general definition. Others here report moving sensations like P-waves without much or any "P"! Still others have related being overwhelmed by very powerful waves, which they sometimes called P-waves, that are accompanied by other connected experiences such as intense visions or the sense of out-of-body travel.

Certainly P-waves feel like moving energies in parts to throughout your body.

What if P-waves, as we define them here, are early manifestations of part of the spectrum of energies in the Taoist tradition: a form of very light orgasmic or pre-orgasmic Jing energy?

What if the guys who report P-wave-sort-of phenomena, but lacking any orgasmic sense, are actually getting their first tingle of Chi/Qi, the life-force energies, butt are distracted by their orgasmic expectations.

What if those whose first experience is overwhelming, butt other than the simple orgasmic response expected, filled with astounding visions for example, and those are actually one of many possible manifestations of the spiritual Shen range of this very broad energies spectrum?

IMHO, we might be wise to experiment a bit more here, and expand the possibilities within our definition, because IMHO, Aneros, based on awakening the male prostate, as vaginal massage can awaken the female prostate, is itself, properly mapped and reconceptualized, another Qigong pathway to the higher energies realms.

P-waves>>>Jing(orgasmic life essence)>>>Qi/Chi(life-force)>>>Shen(spiritual)

I am now working on a book about this from my experiences here and in Taoist techniques and KSMO. I am interested in your experiences and thoughts your varied P-wave responses. Thanks.

all the very best p-wave surfing and full spectrum ecstatic energetics all

artform