Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Your Nervous System and Your Cardiovascular System
  • Hey guys, I wanted to share something that I learned a few years ago and am starting to put to use now.

My uncle who is a mechanical engineer turned Naturopathic Doctor and Chiropractor told me years ago that the nervous system and the cardiovascular system are intertwined. When one becomes depressed, the other will as well.

It makes sense that all things in your body are interconnected but this connection is a more immediate connection that a lot of other in your body. I've noticed that when I do cardio I'll have more vivid, longer lasting dreams. Also I get harder erections that feel better when stimulated. These are just a couple examples but our nerves, like all portions of our bodies need oxygen to function correctly, cardio helps all the cells of your body.

I'm using cardio as an adjunct to my Aneros routine. I'd be interested to hear from you more experienced members what cardio does for your sessions.
  • RdrRdr
    Going for a jog now, will let you know if my session tonight was any different! :D
  • I find my sessions are much more incredible with some weight training and running. Good plan on that!
  • Cardio training is drastically improving my aneros sessions. I used to play volleyball 4 hours a week, plus some additional jogging. Until recently I have only been lifting weights for a year, with no real cardio. I have realized that I had more success back then when doing cardio training on a regular basis.

Think about it... when doing cardio training, blood circulation will improve and blood is getting "pushed further" everywhere in the body, including the prostate. Cardio will also make you more relaxed due to lower resting heart rate.

I'm going to start running minimum 60 min per week and see how it goes.
  • directly the opposite for me... but could just be coincidences that dud periods hit the cardio highpoints in my two month on off training cycles.
  • I do high intensity interval training once a week based on the BodyBy Science book, and I bicycle. I noticed that my legs and glutes strengthen my anal muscles but can't tell if it's affected the contradictions or if that has benefited me for my sessions. Bicycling does improve my mood though, especially when I bike to the beach and talk to some sexy man in a bathing suit.
  • I think my Aneros sessions are damn good aerobic workouts.
  • rookrook

Afternoon Cardio/aerobic exercise improves my nighttime sleep and enances my short term memory.  I think that memory improvement helps 'cement' elements of my rewiriing.   Important for 'old dogs' to learn new tricks

• isvara
    @Alex_xxx, FWIW, some bike folk find the bike seat is not very genital friendly for males! I don't know the details.
  • @isvara, I know what your talking about, basically you cut off blood flow or a nerve or something that makes your penis go numb.  This happens to me if I sit on certain chairs too.  I guess if it happens for too long or too often you can do some damage.  I never notice it happening until I stand up.