Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Would you use this Shea Butter?
  • Geezer UKGeezer UK
    I would really like to try shea butter as a lube. Would anyone here recommend trying these shea butter products on eBay: auction 1 or auction 2 or stay with a branded product?

I can source the Now Foods brand in the UK but it's very expensive, having said that I don't want any old crap up my butt (forgive the pun) if it's poor quality. Who's to say this isn't exactly the same stuff that Now Foods buy and package in nice tubs?

Geezer
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello Geezer UK, :)

I can source the Now Foods brand in the UK but it's very expensive, having said that I don't want any old crap up my butt (forgive the pun) if it's poor quality. Sorry to hear that. The best I could find for UK Internet retailers was 8.99 pounds. Since Now Foods seems more expensive than other brand in your part of the world, have you looked at other brands through Amazon.com UK?

Amazon.co.uk: shea butter

Just to give you an idea of the color that the Now Foods brand is, the following link looks very much like it. But it doesn't say anything about this item being unrefined.

800g Organic Shea Butter: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Who's to say this isn't exactly the same stuff that Now Foods buy and package in nice tubs?You never know. It's entirely possible. All you can do is try if this is what fits your budget.

Of those two choices I'd go for the second one that has a yellow-ish color. You never can tell what you are getting though until you try it. That's why I stick to the brand that I know performs well for me. I'd personally be looking for one that is a much more pale yellow color. Also, you should note that there is likely no such thing as organic shea butter. My understanding is that the shea nut tree grows in the wild in Africa, so the trees are not intentionally planted and cultivated, thus making it unknown in what manner it grew in.
    Butyrospermum parkii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On that note, whatever you choose, please let us know how this works out for you in the main shea butter forum thread.
    http://www.aneros.com/forum/f5/unrefined-shea-butter-how-much-12757/

Love_is
  • rookrook
    Just for grins I checked out the Amazon UK site and did a search for -shea butter unrefined-

Plenty of listings -- a couple offering it "used" :rolleyes::eek:
  • Love_isLove_is
    LOL Rook!!! I'll pass on the used shea butter thank you!

Although...
    Perhaps I could be making my fortune with selling my own used shea butter. Slightly brown in color! LOL

Love_is
  • Geezer UKGeezer UK
    Thanks Love_is, I think you helped make my mind up to go for a brand.

It's not so much a question of fitting my budget but more one of looking for a good deal. I must say my main concern would be purchasing a "loose" product considering where it's final destination is! One never knows who or what has touched it!

I know the website where you found Now Foods shea for £8.99 then there's a further £2.99 for p&p (s&h). Works out to be about $18.33 USD, how does that work out to you?

I'll pass on your kind offer of "brown" shea butter!

Geezer
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello again Geezer UK, :)

Your welcome. :D

It's not so much a question of fitting my budget but more one of looking for a good deal. I must say my main concern would be purchasing a "loose" product considering where it's final destination is! One never knows who or what has touched it!Not to make you more paranoid... But that also could be said for any of the jarred/packaged stuff. I don't think the packaging makes any difference. Someone has to touch it at some point along the way. At least it's going in your bum and not your mouth! LOL I personally like the idea of minimal packaging. Less resources used, and your not paying for fancy packaging and marketing.

I know the website where you found Now Foods shea for £8.99 then there's a further £2.99 for p&p (s&h). Works out to be about $18.33 USD, how does that work out to you?Yeah, $18.33 USD is steep. I'd also be reluctant to buy it at that price.

I'll pass on your kind offer of "brown" shea butter! Oh come on!!! It's only been used once! LMAO :D

Love_is
  • Geezer UKGeezer UK
    My other issue is I wanted some quick, as in next day quick - and I can't get Now on next day.

My other half is away on Monday for 2 nights and it's my only chance to play, so I was hoping for a Shea Butter session on Tuesday night. In fact, I also need my supplies to arrive when she's out too or she wants to know what's in the every bloody parcel. Fortunately my Aneros products always come on a next day delivery!!!

I can get Akamuti shea butter next day but it would work out even more than the Now Foods brands.

I agree that we don't know the provenance of any of this stuff as it's all made by African ladies in their home villages rather than modern factories, maybe I would be as well to have a punt at the cheapo stuff on eBay if the seller will despatch same day for me.

Geezer
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=Love_is;89607]

Oh come on!!! It's only been used once! LMAO :D

Love_is

Not a chance until we hear you've started douching with Betadine !! :lol:
  • Geezer UKGeezer UK
    [QUOTE=Geezer UK;89608]
    My other half is away on Monday for 2 nights and it's my only chance to play, so I was hoping for a Shea Butter session on Tuesday night. In fact, I also need my supplies to arrive when she's out too or she wants to know what's in the every bloody parcel. Fortunately my Aneros products always come on a next day delivery!!!

Ha! I just found out you can shave with shea butter too. I have always suffered from razor burn so I have a legitimate reason to buy it, wonderful.

Isn't it amazing how much one uses to have a shave!! :rolleyes:

Geezer
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello Rook, :)

Not a chance until we hear you've started douching with Betadine !! :lol:I'd guess that to not be pleasant. Oh well... There goes all my dreams for amassing a fortune! LOL

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Geezer UK, :)

Ha! I just found out you can shave with shea butter too. I have always suffered from razor burn so I have a legitimate reason to buy it, wonderful.

Isn't it amazing how much one uses to have a shave!! :rolleyes:Yes, it has all sorts of uses. See the following link:
    Shea butter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although, I'd never heard to use it for shaving. I'll have to give it a try at some point as I also suffer from razor burn. Here in the USA, shea butter is typically sold as a body/hand moisturizer. So just leave it out on the counter and encourage your significant other to use it. Also, it is supposedly good as a hair conditioner. The more you can make it seem like a normal everyday product, the less suspicion you'll have for what it is really used for. Although your SO may wonder why you go through so much shea butter, yet your not any more clean shaven and soft skinned than usual! LOL

Love_is