Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

How long is too long?
  • I have just started on my journey with aneros. I've had three sessions and things are going well for starters. No discomfort and I've been taking tips from what has been posted on this web site. My question is - if I leave the aneros in all night could it become detrimental to my pleasures in the future.

I find it pleasurable to wake up and continue where I left off, but I don't want to hinder any progress toward the super-o.
  • GeogioGeogio
    It probably comes down to the lubricant, absortion times, and whether or not the lube drys out over time. Water based lubes with glycerin do dehydrate as your body absorbs the moisture. Petroleum based (jelly) probably extends the envelope a bit, naturals (such as olive oil or shea butter) might extend the window as well. You should probably use the search feature on the forum for "lubricants" and see what others have experienced regarding these various products.

There are reports of people keeping these stims in for extended periods of time. I have left one in for 2 hours and had the lube been water based I'm sure it would have been uncomfortable pulling it.
  • CockadoodleCockadoodle
    Geogio is absolutely correct, 40999. Most lubes break down over time, and if its been several hours, I'd suspect this to be the case with almost anything you could use.

My experience leads me to suggest the following: Be sure to rinse your rectum well before starting a session. Several flushes with nice warm water and make sure you're clean. Lube up and have your session. I have often fallen asleep and awakened an hour or two later to extremely fine orgasmic sensations and really good secondary sensations. But once this is done, remove the Aneros, IMHO. Get some sleep, and when you either wake up or wake yourself up, relube, LIGHTLY, and reinsert your toy. I'll bet you'll find this little interruption easy and quick, and the reward will be great.

Morning sessions are always excellent for me, as the body is very rested and relaxed.

Most of us, I believe, would caution against prolonged insertion due to lubricant dessication. Try my suggestion and see how it works.

WELCOME to the forum, by the way, looks like you're a new member. There's lots and lots of good, caring advice here, so come around often.

Good luck and success on your journey.

Cockadoodle
  • Thanks Guys,

Good advice, makes sense. In fact, removing and re-inserting again later in the night/morning could bepart of the enjoyment. Thanks for the insight.

LryDee
  • rookrook
    Agree!

Old guy's cut on this... Removing the tool during the "intermission" between two "sub-sessions" seems to allow me some muscle relaxation and circulatory recovery. Makes for a stronger second act. Involuntaries are more 'crisp,' tool action is easier and sensations are improved when compared to leaving the tool inserted.
  • Woodsman
    Cockadoodle and Rook:
    Very good advice, which I will immediately begin to follow. I am stuck on a plateau, usually it feels great for the first twenty minutes or so, then sensations tend to wither away. I also like to do it early in the morning, but I have been leaving the tool inserted for a couple of hours, sometimes falling back to sleep, but when I wake up, nothing.
    It's pretty clear that after a while the region becomes accustomed to the tool's presence, and then tends to ignore it. That's the way the body works.
    I'm glad to see you guys are still around, in the ten months or so of my aneros journey, this is the quietest I have seen this board.
  • CockadoodleCockadoodle
    Summer time, and the distractions are legion. When the weather cools down, the board heats up!

Enjoy the free time to indulge in other, uh-hem, stuff.

Yes, it's quiet, but have no fear, we're all still here. Hey, that rhymes.

Cockadoodle
  • Nice to chat with guys about our sex lives with this device....kinda hot too! Fuels some imagination, I think!