Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Open Chat problems
  • I thought posting this here might yield the best results. I'm having a hard time getting into the open chat. I go to the chat center and click on the open chat, but nothing happens. I click on the red link too that has the remaining time, still nothing. It says 9 viewing, but I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts?
  • I could not enter the chat either.
    I don't think it is actually open, I think it is a malfunction of the new software. I could be wrong.
    Bishop
  • [QUOTE=The_Bishop;85314]I could not enter the chat either.
    I don't think it is actually open, I think it is a malfunction of the new software. I could be wrong.
    Bishop

Ah. This would make sense. It did mention that the room was empty. I wasn't exactly sure what that meant. I really do like some of the advanced features of the new VB board, but I think some kinks are still being worked out. :) I'll be happy to have open chat going again though. That's nice. Also, I really be happy when the board gets fully smoothed out. Overall it's very sharp.
  • artisanartisan
    I've been trying to get in the chat too, guess the problems have to do with bugs in the new look site. the time remaining on the chat seems to be going backwards, when I first tried it said 130hrs remaining, currently it is on -205hrs remaining???
  • HI, guys,

No, there is no chat session in progress. What you see there is an artifact from the previous system. I do believe one is scheduled for next weekend, if the usual rotation is kept.

So, nothing doing there for now. The "hours" you see are from the marathon chat session we had going a week or two ago.

I'm sure they'll get it working by the time the next scheduled event is ready. And yes, support, in addition to rumel and others, does monitor all posts to the forum and takes action when things are not working properly.

Patience, gents....they'll get it right.

C