Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Can TPOE-denial aid rewiring? Could it be harmful?
  • MyTurn
    I was wondering if Traditional Penile Orgasm/Ejaculation-denial would affect the rewiring positively? The body would get ever-desperate to release. The amount of "sexual energy" would build up. I imagine the prostate would be pretty full of fluid and have a larger surface area - or does the fluid go "back" to where it came from if not released?

Or is this harmful?

Say if I decide that from Jan 03, 2009, I would not have a TPOE, but would aim for a prostate Orgasm (PO) - the wait in the interim time - could this be harmful if this takes a year or so? My sex drive isn't thru the roof like most 26yos (possibly due to depression, medical, or just personal?), so I won't be like a werewolf after a week or anything.

Could it force the prostate to say: "man, fuck this! I'ma go ahead and orgasm"? (for some reason my prostate sounds like a New York rapper)

I think I may do this. My prostate may enlarge so much that it looks like I'm about to shit out a balloon from my arse. But hey...

I will report my progress. :arrow: :twisted:

edited typo! wtf@"denile". DENIAL, FOOL!
  • Myturn-
    I am practicing semen retention. I have not noticed any negative effects from it. I seem to go about two weeks at a time. I am generally more in the mood for aneros session since I have been retaining. And I feel better, as I get a mild post ejaculation depression.
    I wonder if it is possible to have a nocturnal emission if you retain for a long period of time?
    I say, "Go for it!" Myturn. :wink:
  • MyTurn
    Thanks Bishop.

Yesterday, I had a mini low-expectation session. It was primarily just to help me on my journey rather than pleasure-seeking.

Obviously, it wasn't mind blowing, but I did notice some things.

- Deep breathing with a slight contraction seems to affect the stimulation more than I thought possible.

- I got a tiny "raindrop in a pond" of a nice feeling during some contractions. At one point, after my intentional contractions, my rectum/PC followed up with about 4 or 5 of their own. This scared me a little, but I was worried they would stop. They did. :(

This is good because I was beginning to think: a) I didnt have a prostate (that responded to stimulation), or b) no Aneros massager ever touched mine.

I still can't feel my "prostate" being touched, but I will trust that it is.

It is good having a feeling of pleasure (however "tiny"), and knowing that it isn't the culmination of things (like in sex).
  • rookrook
    Balancing act !

Urologists would have us ejaculating at least 3 times a week. I try to keep it down to one or two per week to maintain some butt buzz and 'spike' in my libido. My test is to gander at a cute female butt in tight jeans and quickly count how many things I might be able to accomplish. If it's less than a half-dozen, I've been expending too often and too much.

Mentally, I tend to get feisty, mal-humored, outright unreasonable and obsessive-compulsive when I reach ten days without a clearing of the tubes.

I think we had a related poll on this several months ago. Might be time to bump it to the top of the heap. :idea:
  • MyTurn
    My libido is quite low, esp with no girl anymore, so I think I can go a month, or more. I was a late starter when it came to masturbation, so I had wet dreams up til I was about 21.:twisted:

That's right. My life has been THAT bad. :cry:
  • aliquis
    Probably depression + meds yes.

Seroxat/Paroxetin totally killed my chances to cum, sucked so hard.

Remeron I used too short time to know.

Cipralex seems rather ok, though I still have low sex-drive.

Has taken half tablets per day now for two months or so with one every now and then and sometimes I masturbate three-four times per day so yes, I'd say it do make a difference ...
  • Making a counter-point, I've felt that complete abstinence takes the edge out of my Aneros-less sessions. I wonder if it's related to the echo effect mentioned before, but I've noticed that when relaxed, I can experience orgasmic sensations with just vivid mental focus if I've ejaculated earlier that night. I do try to keep my Aneros sessions and traditional ejaculations apart, though, as to promote the actual new sensations prostate massage offers.
  • MyTurn said:

Thanks Bishop.

Yesterday, I had a mini low-expectation session. It was primarily just to help me on my journey rather than pleasure-seeking.

Obviously, it wasn't mind blowing, but I did notice some things.

- Deep breathing with a slight contraction seems to affect the stimulation more than I thought possible.

- I got a tiny "raindrop in a pond" of a nice feeling during some contractions. At one point, after my intentional contractions, my rectum/PC followed up with about 4 or 5 of their own. This scared me a little, but I was worried they would stop. They did. :(

This is good because I was beginning to think: a) I didnt have a prostate (that responded to stimulation), or b) no Aneros massager ever touched mine.

I still can't feel my "prostate" being touched, but I will trust that it is.

It is good having a feeling of pleasure (however "tiny"), and knowing that it isn't the culmination of things (like in sex).

Congratulations! You have taken a first positive step in the journey! You know now that aneros is "for real" and that your prostate works. ;) :idea: Keep us posted on your progress!
    Bishop
  • MyTurn
    Thanks. I really hope I didn't jinx myself or now have to wait another year for the next step. No, scratch that - positive thinking (even tho my Xmas and New year was awful):

I speak good fortune into my life.
    I will notice pleasure increases in each session, however slight. The next step is in sight.

Hope that helps me.
  • I think it can be good and bad.

The brain seems to release chemicals that kill the sex drive after ejaculation. Here's a quote from wikipedia article on prolactin.

Prolactin provides the body with sexual gratification after sexual acts: The hormone counteracts the effect of dopamine, which is responsible for sexual arousal. This is thought to cause the sexual refractory period.[3] The amount of prolactin can be an indicator for the amount of sexual satisfaction and relaxation. Unusually high amounts are suspected to be responsible for impotence and loss of libido (see hyperprolactinemia symptoms). Prolactin also stimulates proliferation of oligodendrocyte precursor cells. These cells differentiate into oligodendrocytes, the cells responsible for the formation of myelin coatings on axons in the central nervous system.

I believe prolactin to be one such chemical, because it counteracts dopamine. I read one article where they measured the blood plasma level of prolactin, and found that it peaks after orgasm. They also found that sex produced higher levels of it than masturbation. Finally, they said that in some rare cases, some men have seemed immune to prolactin and have no refactory period. Basically, in some rare cases, some men could keep on masturbating and having orgasms.

I have noticed that immediately following ejaculation, there is a really clear headed feeling where you suddenly lose interest and think something like "what have I been doing this whole time?" Back when I was a young teeneger had this idea that masturbation was a bad thing, I would usually feel really strong guilt at this point. Anyway, I believe prolactin to be responsible for this.

Anyway, for some reason the orgasms produced by the aneros do not have any of these "coming down" effects afterwards. I can't point to any research because nobody has done any research, but I strongly suspect that there is no prolactin released from aneros produced orgasms.

With all that said I think ejaculation can be a good thing. Ejaculation does produce a "coming down", but there is also a certain satisfaction in it that I think the body needs. The body needs to have a release like that and to recharge, it's just how we're made. I don't think it's good to hold it in too long. The whole post orgasms release of chemicals lets your body know that you are giving it what it needs. The whole cycle of ejaculation then recharging is what nature intended, and I think it's generally a good thing to practice.

So, to conclude, it all comes down to personal preference. Find out what works for you. I think there should be a balance, and every person is unique for what that balance actually is.

binaryfellow
  • rookrook

I think it can be good and bad.

The brain seems to release chemicals that kill the sex drive after ejaculation. Here's a quote from wikipedia article on prolactin.

Prolactin provides the body with sexual gratification after sexual acts: The hormone counteracts the effect of dopamine, which is responsible for sexual arousal. This is thought to cause the sexual refractory period.[3] The amount of prolactin can be an indicator for the amount of sexual satisfaction and relaxation. Unusually high amounts are suspected to be responsible for impotence and loss of libido (see hyperprolactinemia symptoms). Prolactin also stimulates proliferation of oligodendrocyte precursor cells. These cells differentiate into oligodendrocytes, the cells responsible for the formation of myelin coatings on axons in the central nervous system.

I believe prolactin to be one such chemical, because it counteracts dopamine. I read one article where they measured the blood plasma level of prolactin, and found that it peaks after orgasm. They also found that sex produced higher levels of it than masturbation. Finally, they said that in some rare cases, some men have seemed immune to prolactin and have no refactory period. Basically, in some rare cases, some men could keep on masturbating and having orgasms.

I have noticed that immediately following ejaculation, there is a really clear headed feeling where you suddenly lose interest and think something like "what have I been doing this whole time?" Back when I was a young teeneger had this idea that masturbation was a bad thing, I would usually feel really strong guilt at this point. Anyway, I believe prolactin to be responsible for this.

Anyway, for some reason the orgasms produced by the aneros do not have any of these "coming down" effects afterwards. I can't point to any research because nobody has done any research, but I strongly suspect that there is no prolactin released from aneros produced orgasms.

With all that said I think ejaculation can be a good thing. Ejaculation does produce a "coming down", but there is also a certain satisfaction in it that I think the body needs. The body needs to have a release like that and to recharge, it's just how we're made. I don't think it's good to hold it in too long. The whole post orgasms release of chemicals lets your body know that you are giving it what it needs. The whole cycle of ejaculation then recharging is what nature intended, and I think it's generally a good thing to practice.

So, to conclude, it all comes down to personal preference. Find out what works for you. I think there should be a balance, and every person is unique for what that balance actually is.

binaryfellow

Well said !!

In the ASI support group we look at the baseline plasma level of prolactin (along with E2) as a major cause factor in cases of erectile dysfunction and reduced libido. Endocrinologists can help correct excessive levels.

Also look at the Wikipedia discussion of Oxytocin released in both the brain and testicles. It promotes bonding urges in humans, both mother-child and between adult humans. Extended non-ejaculatory orgasms in males probably have a massive oxytocin release which could foster a strong "interconnection" or human bonding urge.