Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Tibetan Book of the dead
  • HelixerHelixer
    At the moment I'm completely into Eastern mysticism. I've only just started reading this very profound and difficult book(I'll probably have to reread it several times to really comprehend its essence)but allready I'm noticing a certain serendipity with my Super O experiences. It's very conceptual I don't as yet have words to describe what the link is exactly, but things are intuitively falling in place.

Like the 49 days between death and rebirth, how one gets attracted to a couple for rebirth, the karmic winds that blow you there.
    I obviously don't have proof for the following, but it seems likely that what the 'to be reborn'onlooker is a frequency, not the frequency sent out by the passive receiving mother, but the frequency sent out by the active, soon to ejaculate father.

Baffling thoughtfrequencies like:"Gonna fuck you an elephant man, fuckin bitch'....and what about abortion?

All that we are is due to what we have thought, and consciousness as do species evolve.....
  • Here is a forum that will be of interest to you Helixer.
  • HelixerHelixer
    Thanks Ill look into it!
  • Helixer said:

Thanks Ill look into it!

They discuss topics like kundalini, Mantak Chia, aneros, etc. on that board quite frequently.
  • Helixer said:

Thanks Ill look into it!

They discuss topics like kundalini, Mantak Chia, aneros, etc. on that board quite frequently.

I myself will certainly look into this forum as well. This is exactly the sort of community I've been trying to find. An open and understanding group that strives towards the same goal, but understands different paths can reach the same destination. I like what I see so far. I'll have to visit again when I have more time. Are you a member of that forum Bishop? If so, what's your username?
  • rikaaim said:

Helixer said:

Thanks Ill look into it!

I myself will certainly look into this forum as well. This is exactly the sort of community I've been trying to find. An open and understanding group that strives towards the same goal, but understands different paths can reach the same destination. I like what I see so far. I'll have to visit again when I have more time. Are you a member of that forum Bishop? If so, what's your username?

I'm glad you found it of interest rikaaim. I am not a member yet, just a lurker. :wink:
  • HelixerHelixer
    Apparantly we're already enlightened and could live in permanent bliss free of suffering, we just have to become aware of this. It reminds me of the orgasmic energy, ever present, one just has to become aware of this. Mindboggeling what else might lie beneath the deep
  • artformartform
    Hi Helixer, The_Bishop and Rikaaim!!! :D :D :D

Helixer said:

Apparantly we're already enlightened and could live in permanent bliss free of suffering, we just have to become aware of this. It reminds me of the orgasmic energy, ever present, one just has to become aware of this. Mindboggeling what else might lie beneath the deep

I've been a Tao Bum (same handle, logo, signature) for almost two years now and the wide-ranging and often vigourous discussions there can be wonderful explorations or jousts. That site also has an open live chat available anytime. Haven't seen that feature used much. I think you might all find interesting dimensions there. Can take a lot of digging given the much greater number of members, threads and churn rate in the dicussions!

Helixer, which translation of TBOTD are you using? I prefer the 2005 Gyurme Dorje translation, out in a nice Penguin Classics paperback with an Introductory Commentary by His Holiness The Dalai Lama.

all mitochondrial/electrochemical/electromagnetic/quantum-entangled-and-resonant energetic orgasmic/life-force/spiritual ecstasies all 2010 and ever onward all

artform
  • HelixerHelixer
    I have the WY Evans Wentz the 2000 edition, with many many prefaces. The pdf format isn't one ideally suited for my Sony reader. Can't change the font size(very small letters), can't access the dictionary(a lot of IMO archaic language)and it's a blanco page every other page, and the subjectmatter itself is difficult, so I've only read the the prefaces up till now....but more than a 100 pages!!! And the pdf itself 100% FREE, so I can't complain ;)

Some of the ideas so far haven't just been Tibetan, but also a lot of Indian. I like the idea of an evolution not only of matter(like the Darwinian evolution) but also of consciousness. How every man 's basically evolved from lower animals, insects, plants etc to become the consciousness all of us embody now. This consciousness seeks perfection, sangsara(cycle of life/death) until it's obtained. (nirvana)

I find it fascinating how in the east they are so aware of every moment
    How many ppl in the west are even aware of their own breathing? In the east they have trained themselves in awareness. This is what being human is all about, why waste it?
    They learn to walk on burning coal, sleep naked in the snow etc. But also to have a continuous awareness, being aware one is in the astral(dream) world....lucid dreaming and even astral projection(OBE, like NDE but selfinduced).....the masters of consciousness even die completely aware and with a continuous consciousness.

In the west we say, 'how can anyone speculate about after death events, nobody has ever come back". In the east they say:"why do so few ppl remember their past lifes?"
  • That's pretty deep Helixer. I know for a fact that there has to be more to life than what corporate America pushes. It's all work, work, work. The lifestyle perpetuated and accepted by all hardly allows one to realize they even have a life! Let alone anything else. How many people work so much they fail to know their own families? Let alone themselves...

I found the whole subject matter fascinating and enlightening. Not only that, it seems to have a resonance of truth. It's almost as if the knowledge is there, but it's buried. It's not really hiding. It' just hard to get to. But the effort is worth the reward!

Artform, I did see some of your posts there! That makes me want to join even more. A familiar face in a strange place is most indeed welcomed. :D

I wish everyone the best for this upcoming year! May we all evolve a little more each day!