Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Is it time for an Aneros Beginner's Primer?
  • rumelrumel
    Guys,

Is it time for an Aneros “Primer”? In some recent threads there has been discussion about the ongoing repetitive questions being asked by newbies (see 'Cockadoodle's thread Forum, we have a problem!). To a certain extent most of these questions have been answered at various locations throughout this website. The problem, IMHO, is making that information readily available to the newbie user or curious site visitor. In 'darwin's thread Welcome to the Forum sticky?, I drafted a proposed 'roadmap' to the sources of some of this information, but, as has been pointed out to me in a couple of PM's, this may only frustrate an inquiring mind as he/she still tries to ferret out the information.

'ArticWolves' suggested that a “Beginners WIKI” be established to aid the newbies in their beginning practice, 'rook' suggested that a serialized kind of learning regime be established to give a definitive direction to the process. Both of these ideas have merit. I know 'B Mayfield' is working on a Handbook which will probably include elements of these concepts. 'frenchyboy' has introduced a french language ebook about Aneros use that may be a working model for a 'Beginners Guide' but we may have a long wait for an appropriate translated version.

It would be nice if there was one basic Sticky, thread or the WIKI to which we could all refer. The Aneros WIKI was a quantum leap in aggregating some of this valuable information but some users have found this resource difficult to read and understand in some areas. Certainly the Aneros WIKI can be emended to make it easier to read and understand, it can also have topics expanded upon and new topics added. IMO, this is the best place to provide a 'Beginners Primer' for Aneros use as it makes all the other information sources readily linkable for immediate access. The Aneros WIKI is intended to respond directly to the needs of the Aneros user, so please let us know what basic information needs to be there for the newbie user.

What do you guys think?
  • artformartform
    Great Rumel!!! :D :D

YES. Thank you. Herewith a few random observations on the topic that may help us all structure and situate it best.

It is a few months since we briefly celebrated 7500 registered members on this site. There are now 7559, and yet we all feel like there are a lot of newbies. And there are. Which is absolutely wonderful!!!

At the same time we have more recently celebrated over 500,000 Aneros units sold! At a generous average of 5 units per Aneros user; 100,000 actual users. Lower average, many more actual users!

As I read the early posts of the new members, many actually seem to have been users for months or sometimes years before entering into this Forum community. Many seem to entering the Forum when they find some entries here that are "door openers" to the questions they have wanted to be able to explore. Some of these actually joined the Forum months or years ago but have only recently become active posting here.

IMHO, this added influx is contributing to the sense of there being a lot of new members in the Forum with questions. Have not counted. Again, wonderful that users do find the Forum suddenly becomes helpful!!!

When I do visit the Forum Home page, I note the number of unregistered guests compared to Hidden or Signed-in registered members. Usually between 10:1 and 20:1 in my occasional random checks. Lots of true newbies and repeat lurkers reading here, exploring and looking for something too.

So how does the Forum serve these ranges of Introductory needs, functions and modalities?

Pardon the leap from analysis to synthesis! :roll:

At the top of this and almost every page, in the red menu bar directly beneath the ANEROS logo, we have:
    HOME......FORUM......BLOGS......CHATS......WIKI

How about:
    HOME......BEGINNERS' WIKI......FORUM......BLOGS......CHATS......ADVANCED WIKI

IMHO, we need the structure of the knowledge/resources clearly expressed and selectable there. I think ArcticWolves' suggestion about two wikis is brilliant. The recent additions to the HOME page are great. I think it would additionally be helpful if all sentences ending currently in "male sexual fulfilment." could end with "male sexual fulfilment and beyond." at least.

I think that many more users might advance further by getting into the Forum sooner and would do so if we have a listing of "plateau problems" like the recent discussions around being stuck at "hands-free ejaculatory orgasms" and the like, almost a Users' FAQ section compiled and updated from forum discussion topics.

How about:
    HOME......BEGINNERS' WIKI......FAQ......FORUM......BLOGS......CHATS......ADVANCED WIKI

Thanks rumel for your guardianship care for this community's resources and the company's stewardship generosity. All very much appreciated. This place is magical, and earthy, and scientific; and very very human, full of honest heart!

all the best sharing and caring possible for all from all as explorers all

artform
  • alvalv
    In today's world of instant information people have forgotten how to read, so no matter how many beginners wikis or sticky threads you have, the same questions will repeatable be asked. Now if you want to close this community to advanced users only then yes the beginners wiki is a good idea, if this community is to grow we have to communicate with the beginners and give the same advice over and over again and draw the beginners into a discussion. Hopefully some beginners once they have gained the experience will become regular forum members.
  • I vote for a Quick Start Guide or beginner's wiki or whatever you guys want to call it.
    Users are going to want something where they can get quick answers, just like a quick start guide on electronic equipment. Basically the most abbreviated instructions to make it work. The instructions that come with the aneros, don't do that. The wiki is too lengthy for a new user that is excited about his new toy and wants to get down to business. And a lot of users will never become a member on the forum for whatever reason. There needs to be an short guide on the web site on how to use the Aneros.
  • artformartform
    Hey alv! :D

Thanks for this. Can we expand this part of the conversation?

Firstly, I don't think any of us want to end members posting responses to newbie enquiries at all. Rather, the question, as I understand it, is how to make the communication and the support materials available here in the Aneros site community more effective for everyone.

Second, over the last couple of years, as registered membership here has grown, as more members with a wider range of experiences participate, and the range of topics and interests has expanded, the tenor of the Forum has changed. IMHO, that has been a very positive development and I believe because of that, users who did not previously find anyone discussing their areas of unique experience or concerns, and had not "bought into" the value of the Forum, have increasingly been making the leap into participating.

So my argument is that the more diverse the discussions on the Forum, the more users will decide to register and participate. Naturally, more "experts", even those in early stages of posting and not yet formally recognized as such by the current "number of posts" determinative measure, will appear from those who join in the Forum community spirit. More active posters, more experts and the load should be bearable, if we can add some varied presentations of the information to suit more diverse learning styles. More resources that the responders/"experts" can point to for added detail.

alv said:

In today's world of instant information people have forgotten how to read, so no matter how many beginners wikis or sticky threads you have, the same questions will repeatable be asked.

We are really dealing with the next level; the variations in learning styles. Maybe we can help more by being able to post brief mp3 audio responses for those who are going to learn better through that sense-port. Or have the archived threads aggregated thematically rather than purely chronologically, in lieu of beefing up the Search function.

BTW, KSMO has a Google Site Search feature that nests within their site software to provide the more powerful search function there. Could that be easily added here rather than having to upgrade or switch the site software itself?

alv said:

Now if you want to close this community to advanced users only then yes the beginners wiki is a good idea, if this community is to grow we have to communicate with the beginners and give the same advice over and over again and draw the beginners into a discussion.

Again, I respectfully do not think that is the goal. It is to support these conversation starters with some additional diversified information features to meet different learners needs.

alv said:

Hopefully some beginners once they have gained the experience will become regular forum members.

And responders to those who come behind them and so on. Some becoming experts themselves and hanging around here for some time!

Alv, you are one of the experts here on energies practice beyond the sexual responses to aneros use. You and I and others who have been discussing and illustrating the specifics of that general phenomenon have, I believe have encouraged some users who have experienced those energetics responses to their aneros use to join the Forum, ask their questions, post their experiences and thoughts, joining this wonderful community as you and I and we all hope.

This seems like the very powerful natural enlargement and enhancement process to which this community is in the midst of adapting, and this conversation is really about how to do that most effectively for all participants. I don't think there is, at the fundamental level, any barrier/conflict between your points and Cockadoodle's comments, which launched this whole discussion. This particular chat, like others before and to come, just help us reach a richer understanding of what we truly need and what we mean by it all. Thanks again for your comments.

the ecstatic joys of bliss and understanding to all for all, this season and always, in this aneros planetary community

artform
  • rookrook
    artform said:

Hey alv! :D

Thanks for this. Can we expand this part of the conversation?

While I'm cautious about slotting members into categories or assigning them labels I feel we need to establish some goals for this project and in doing that, some goals and objectives for various helping situations/topics. (i.e. From a serial learning viewpoint, where does the beginner category start and end? From a Gestalt viewpoint, what are the bounds of, or voids in the knowledge and skills that define a "beginner?")

As alv clearly noted, this is much about learning styles and identifying them. From an epistemological (meta-knowledge) viewpoint we have to understand when to offer a newbie a "that" rather than a "how" Example: We say, "relax," and we've accomplished little. We need to figure out whether the newbie needs a description of relaxation (knowledge-that) or perhaps he needs some tips on reaching a relaxed state (knowledge-how). (It took me four months before I found a repeatable test for my own level of relaxation. And, perhaps I don't have that right yet.)

We may desire to accommodate either the Gestalt (multitasking) learner or perhaps "pander" to the needs of the "rook-like" nuts-and-bolts guy who thrives on serial learning steps. When one climbs Fuji, there are credentialed 'chops' at each level.

artform said:

Firstly, I don't think any of us want to end members posting responses to newbie enquiries at all. Rather, the question, as I understand it, is how to make the communication and the support materials available here in the Aneros site community more effective for everyone.

Amen artform -- although I strongly support something along the lines of AW's and The Bishop's suggested guide, it must not kill the spirit of this Forum or suppress open comment. Part of our success is having tips come from a broad range of users. One guy may establish a stronger semantic connection with the newbie in trouble. (and quite frequently that's another newbie rather than an "Expert." One guy may be able to communicate the feeling of an involuntary in just a slightly different manner which connects.

Members of this Forum show a great understanding that one explanation isn't better than another. The differences in how something is expressed are important and we should not act to turn them off.

That said, it's important to employ learning support that reduces occasional anger that frustration produces. Hopefully we can establish a dynamic document or modality that's easy to evaluate, validate and verify as we move forward.

I dislike dissecting artform's outstanding and comprehensive post but feel a need to allow more dialog on his "Firstly" before moving on to his "Second."

Maybe some smart guys can figure out how to break this subject into several working threads.

@artform. Great KSMO info, tks. I've been torn from joining the dialog in KSMO due to my slow progress here and some personal stress issues. (looking backward, my subscription there was premature). But I will get busy there to experience that Google link. ....rook

Late edit -- thought about bumping this since it started this discussion. Might be worth a read.

http://www.aneros.com/forum/forum-we-have-a-problem-t4938.html