Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google
A note on bee pollen and prostate disorders
  • alvalv
    I have been eating for the last 1/2 year or so, daily a tablespoon of bee pollen granules (sorry page only in German) that bees collect from flowering plants. I first bought the pollen as I liked it when I saw it in the shop, it somehow felt good in in my hands when reading the product description. Today I was asked what it is good for, so I googled among the many things claimed to my surprise found the following:

Clinical research suggests that bee pollen can reduce prostrate enlargement and painful symptoms associated with prostate disease.

Dallas Clouatre, Ph.D. is a researcher and author of ‘Flower Pollen for Prostate Health’. In his book he reports that controlled bee pollen consumption among men with prostate problems results in significant improvement and alleviation of symptoms. Specifically, "less nighttime urination, improved bladder emptying, and reduced prostate discomfort".

Dr Clouatre also says that bee pollen helps relax smooth muscle, making it easier to empty the bladder. It may also act as an anti-inflammatory and decrease the swelling of the prostate, resulting in a better urine flow and reduced discomfort.

Dr. Clouatre comments that 80% of those people using pollen find marked relief and that pollen may also forestall future problems. "Patients often report that they are no longer getting up at all during the night and that they no longer have difficulty or discomfort upon urination." Source includes BW HealthWire, Nampa, Idaho June 9, 2000.

A Swedish study has also concluded that bee pollen can significantly affect inflammation and swelling of the prostate gland. Dn Gosta Leander conducted a double-blind controlled study of 93 patients in which a placebo was given to 43 men, and bee pollen to the remaining 50. Forty-six men out of the fifty who took the bee pollen were successfully treated, while the control group did not experience any significant improvement.

Many experts believe that the natural hormones contained in bee pollen, along with a wide range of nutrients, magnesium, essential fatty acids and zinc, help to support the male urinary and reproductive systems. It is generally considered that men over the age of thirty could benefit from bee pollen’s ability to help prevent the onset of prostate disorders.