Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Sudden, unexplained pain
  • Hi all, I don't practice often enough with my aneros, but a couple of the most recent times, I have experienced some sharp pains that I can't explain. It happens about one hour into a session, after just lounging around with the aneros inserted. I do some voluntary contractions, relax for a while, then some very subtle contractions, trying different positions... it's relaxed and usually I am on the computer or reading, not paying much attention or trying too hard. Things can feel pleasant enough and sometimes I have noticed mild flutters. Then, out of the blue, I get a sharp pain which I think is focused deeper than the prostate. The pain triggers a strong contraction and then I have to freeze to make it stop, then slowly start to relax until I can take the aneros out.

I'm not sure if the pain is directly related to the physical stimulation of the aneros, or if it is a release of energy, or if it is emotional. Can anyone lend some expertise to this? Back when I had a liver chi stagnation issue, I once felt an explosion of energy in that area during an aneros session.
  • DeepDeep
    I assume when you're using the computer you're sitting, yes? It's really not a good idea to sit on the aneros. Some people can do it but in general it shouldn't be done. See the other thread on the forum going on right now.
  • Agreeing with Deep here. For the duration of the session, try to remain in a position where the rectal area remains relaxed, and no pressure is projected against the Aneros from outside. Laying on your side in fetal position on the bed, or resting your upper body against the bed with your knees on the floor, for instance.
  • Nope, I'm not sitting. I'm lying on my stomach or on knees and elbows if I'm on the computer. If I'm reading, then I'm on my stomach or lying on my side with one leg pulled up. They are very neutral positions... no stress.
  • rumelrumel
    rainstomp,

I've experienced similar momentary jolts of pain perhaps 6 times in my 2½ years of Aneros use. In my case, it was due to a particularly strong, sudden, lone involuntary rectal contraction. I think the startling effect contributed to the perception of pain.

I don't know why these rogue contractions occur, perhaps they are energy channel releases. In any event, they do not seem to be harmful, debilitating or have any lingering effects. Just another one of the mysterious sensations these little massagers may invoke in our bodies. I don't think there is a need to be concerned about it unless it happens on a regular basis.
  • Thanks Rumel. Yeah, it does not appear to be harmful. Hopefully it is just clearing a channel!