Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Unusual sensations.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello People, :)

I've got some questions...
    But let me give you a little information first.
    I've been using Aneros prostate massager's now for a bit over 2 and 3/4 years. I haven't achieved super-O's yet, but feel like I'm close. I have had what I believe to be mini and dry-O. And I usually have quite pleasurable sessions.

In the last two sessions I've noticed that I've started getting these energetic tingling that starts in my hands, and as it gets more intense, progresses to my feet, face, and chest. And those areas will start to get somewhat numb and the muscles will seize causing my hands, fingers, and mouth to be stuck in a un-natural position. These are not pleasurable sensations at all. And can actually be painful when the muscles seize really hard.

Now the interesting thing is... I've experienced these sensations a number of times before over the years. And they had nothing to do with Aneros use. They always accompanied extreme emotional outbursts, or times when I've been in extreme physical pain or have been injured. For example, it occured once during my first soul retrieval with a woman that was doing some shaman healing work for me. It also occured during another different type of energetic healing session. It also occurred many years ago when I was 18 on the ambulance ride to the hospital while I was in extreme pain from an appendicitis attack that resulted in the removal of my appendix. Prior to these Aneros sessions, it most recently occurred in a somatic experiencing therapy session.

Other things I noticed in these sessions:
    It doesn't necessarily seem to go hand in hand with experiencing pleasure. As the second of the two last sessions I had this morning was quite mild. Yet these sensations came on even stronger than the prior session. Which also included uncontrollable leg and hip shaking that was so quick it seemed almost like I was vibrating. I also experienced a lot of unusual sensations of energy quickly and briefly rising up my chest prior and during the session. I opted to end the session because there was not much pleasure happening, and I didn't want these energetic sensations to get to the point of being painful. Afterwards, it took a good 10 minutes for these sensations to go away.

So my questions are:
    Why is this happening during an Aneros session?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this something that over time will transform into something pleasurable?

Or will it just go away allowing the pleasure I currently experience to either continue and/or increase?

I think it is important to point out that I'm not frightened that I'm experiencing these sensations during my recent Aneros sessions. Even though they have in the past always accompanied unpleasant feelings and events. I just find it curious that this suddenly pops up during an Aneros session. And I'm not 100% positive, but I'd swear that deep breathing seems to encourage these sensations to increase in intensity.

Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Love_is
  • alvalv
    love_is, I am no expert but I can relate with you. In my case, always before an orgasm (traditional and super), my toes would curl up, and I think it is quite common, as one talks of a toe curling orgasm meaning a rather intense orgasm. To stop any cramping I would need to flex in the opposite direction. Further, part of the orgasm process is that actually all the muscles tense up to the build up to climax, storing energy and this energy is released at the time of the orgasm.

I think you have a quite normal reaction, but unfortunately you associate it with negative and painful events.

On the positive side I think your prostate is being awakened and you are sending lots of energy from you pelvic area to your body extremes - you describe severe shaking. Let it happen, it is all natural, learn from it. At this stage do not suppress the body shaking, it vents the energy and you are more relaxed afterwards, the shaking can get quite violent but remember it is natural you are not being electrocuted. Later you can learn to suppress the shaking an direct the energy back into the pelvic region.

Never forget to breath and do not, I repeat do not hold your breath to heighten a sensation, you are only asking for trouble then, builds up unnecessary pressure and in the forum one person reported eye problems (floaters) after holding his breath.

You could try supplementing your diet with magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc for the prostate and trace elements. That stopped my toes from cramping
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hi Alv,

Thanks for your reply. :)

You know, the interesting thing is that these new sensations are not anything like muscular events that happen during a conventional ejacugasm. Where as they are exactly like what I have experienced in these other non-sexual circumstances. I don't really feel like I am associating them with the negative and painful circumstances and feelings of the prior times they occurred. I was more surprised when I recognized what I was feeling and realized that this sensation has never occurred to me before in a sexual environment. I was actually kind of curious to see where it would go. But once it started to get a little physically painful from the muscles seizing, I figured it was a good time to stop. And I can always have another session again in the near future. :D

I think what I was somewhat implying in addition to all the other questions in my first post on this thread, was if there was a way to ride this out in a comfortable fashion. As once it gets physically painful, that really puts a damper on the whole experience during the session, and I'm not sure how willing I will be to continue the session if I hurt. So it looks like letting the shakes occur, which I did as they truly were uncontrollable, and to keep deep breathing is the other.

In hindsight, perhaps there is a bit of the "Terror at the gates" like my friend slipperybugger mentioned to me today. But if it is, it is a different form than I would have imagined. The only thing that really scares me about these sensations is when it becomes physically painful and uncomfortable. Otherwise, I could care less that they are occuring, other than the curiosity of it.

Love_is
  • Robby-O
    Hi Love_is,

I had some very similar experiences when I first started with the Aneros. You can read about some of them in my blog.

I don't have them as much any more, which tells me they're not something to be too concerned about, though you might use them as an opportunity to further explore your energy body. You can try directing the energy around with just your focused intent. I found the energy has different qualities depending on which chakra it is near.

Cheers.
  • alvalv
    Love_is,

These sensation are energy events, as I said I have them, they feel like a cross between a muscular cramp and the numbness of a dentist injection. Sometimes I get stabbing pain in the fleet and lower calves, like a needle prick or razor blade cut - they last for a second or two and then disappear. They are energy blockages which are cleared as the energy punches through. I get all these sensation regularly without Aneros, the Aneros just brings more of them.

So as I said - it is natural and let it be
  • OBoy
    Hi Love_is,

I too experienced a few of these really severe and painful muscle tensing sessions in my early days of aneros use. I also had the early signs of tensing before my first Aneros use during some foreplay. This was mostly lots of tingling in my feet, calves, hands, forearms and my chest. It took a good 10 minutes to subside that first time and worried me a little.

When I had the severe tensing during aneros use it was really scary and painful. My arms had crossed themselves across my chest and my fingers had clamped shut. With all my will I could not release myself from this tight grip. Like you I certainly did not wish to continue the painful feelings for fear it would get worse. I always follow the basic rule "if it's painful don't continue".

I had expressed my concerns on the forum shortly after and I'm thankful for the advice I received which was to slow my breathing. I believe now that I had been breathing too fast and I was definitely not relaxed. Slowing my breathing and mixing shallow with deep has moved me way beyond the clamping and I've never experienced it since. I have however experienced extreme pleasure that boggles my mind.

I can only offer the advice that was offered to me. I hope you get more pleasure than these painful feelings in the future.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Thank you for all the replies! :)

So last night I had some inspiration about this during another Aneros session. :D During which I experienced the same sensations.

So here's what occurred to me. Isn't it possible that these sensations are a result of hyperventilation? I looked up the symptoms of hyperventilation today and all the symptoms I experienced fit. Including the idea that continued regular deep breathing made it worse. Which Oboy also mentioned that slowing down the breathing helped. Here's a snippet from the following link.
    http://www.emedicinehealth.com/hyperventilation/page3_em.htm

* Overbreathing can also cause the calcium levels to drop in your blood, which may result in the following nervous system complaints:

o Numbness and tingling (usually in both arms or around the mouth)

o Spasms or cramps of the hands and feet

o Muscle twitching

This other link also has some good information.
    http://www.panic-attacks.co.uk/panic_attacks_4.htm

This makes more sense to me. Especially considering that they are not pleasurable sensations, and they occur outside of arousing or sexual situations. Does this make sense to anyone else?

Love_is
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hiya People, :)

So hyperventilation is exactly what it was. In my last Aneros session, I made it a point not to breath so often and deeply as I normally would, and I had almost none of those unusual sensations. Just a very slight tingling at the ends of my fingers that didn't bother me much at all. I'm glad that figured it self out.

Love_is
  • OBoy
    Hi Love_is,

I totally agree with this theory. I've noticed in recent sessions with and without the aneros that when my breathing has been fast paced for a prolonged period I will feel the onset of the tingles and numbness in my extremities, such as my hands, feet, legs and oddly my chin/cheek. I stop the fast breathing as I know it will advance towards the extreme tensing.

Thankfully breathing is something under our control so I'm always making sure it is slow but varied also, i.e. I don't breath deeply for extended periods now either. I mix it up with shallow breathing too. I guess if you are truly relaxed you won't breath fast for extended periods.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hi Oboy, :)

Thanks for the follow up. I think this is important information here. As the "breathe deeply and regularly" instructions are repeated here quite often. And there could be other guys that will end up having this problem. Thanks for adding your experiences and observations.

Love_is
  • Linghaman
    One of the sensations that I have had with the onset of super o's has been a sharp pionted needle like pain in one or both soles of my feet, interspersed with severe itching. It can be a big distraction. I lay all of these extremity things to the fact that our nervous system is a network of "wires" so to speak. These "wires" can experience "opens", "shorts" and other anomolies which we experience as remote sensations.

Other than the fact that they are annoying I find them fascinating and certainly they are no big deal.
  • alvalv
    bigguy - you describing what energy or qi is doing to you - certainly not a calcium deficiency or hyperventilation. I often have these need like pricks as well a razor blade cutting sensations along the calves. Its all good - the channels are being opened for the energy to flow
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hi Alv, :)

It sounds like you don't believe that these symptoms I've been having are hyperventilation induced. And that's fine. I can respect a difference of opinion. But I think it is important to point out that I recognize a difference between these hyperventilation symptoms, and other separate energetic sensations. They are two different things.

From my first post:

I also experienced a lot of unusual sensations of energy quickly and briefly rising up my chest prior and during the session.

I also experience energetic buzzing, and sometimes an itching sensation in my perineum and prostate when aroused. These definitely are not hyperventilation induced symptoms/sensations.

To me, the fact that slowing down my breathing during a session, makes the uncomfortable and unpleasant sensations go away, falls right in line with the explanation of how to counter hyperventilation.

I do believe that there are energetic/spiritual sensations outside of most peoples experience that I've yet to recognize and experience for myself. But lumping these things all into one pile is not necessarily helpful. That's my two cents. Peace. :D

Love_is