Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Welcome to the New Avatar
  • artformartform
    Good Morning All! :D

Strike off the glands! That briefs science less on is over! :lol:

Sincere apologies to anyone offended. Now the memory can rapidly fade away...

...in fact, what are these two following posters on about?... ... ... :wink:

So, we have The Green Man Contemplating the Golden Apple. The Cosmic Egg of Eastern tradition lives on in collective memory and planetary culture.

This new fellow over there is, of course, The Green Man of myth and legend. Two books might be of interest if you are curious:

Green Man: The Archetype of our Oneness with the Earth by William Anderson with a vast salad of leafy photographs by Clive Hicks is a wonderful introductory and overview book on the topic and its extensive history in early Western culture. The late Maria Gimbutas, author of The Language of the Goddess, which I highly recommend, said of Green Man, "The revival of Green Man is a vital resource in renewing our lost unity with the world of Nature".

The Flowering Rod: Men, Sex, and Spirituality by Kenny Klein is a rich history of the stories, mythopoetics, poetry and rituals of the Green Man tradition. Says the back cover blurb: "A powerful examination of Men's Mysteries that traces the male experience back to the times of the hunter-gatherers, when the simple acts of working and hunting were seen as sacred, and when men's passionate sexuality was celebrated as their personal connection to the Earth. Recognizing that many men of today feel they lack a sense of sacred identity, Klein provides a framework for ritual and self-examination based on ancient lore and legend, that gives men the means to reclaim their own sacred self."

This aspect of male history and culture has always fascinated me and fit with longstanding personal commitments in environmental research and activism. I have long ago forgiven Nature for the time in my youth when an asparagus beetle climbed into my shorts while I was harvesting the crop, and seriously mistook my pink and purplish rod for lunch! YEEOWWWWwww....!!!!!!!!!!!

My wounded rod rapidly blew up into something rivalling and resembling the Goodyear Blimp and I was laid out on the bed until the doctor arrived to see what damage had been done and what might be done about it. There I lay in agony with ice packs around the Blimp, while various family members and visitors observed and extended sympathies. The pain was doubled. Mercifully, after recent events here, there are no known photographs of this particular public debut.

The contemplated Golden Apple, that is another story, but it is in the spirit of many truly treasured energetic dimensions, including J4's Full Moon Club and Yeat's beloved The Song of the Wandering Aengus:

"...
    And pluck till time and times are done
    The silver apples of the moon,
    The golden apples of the sun."

all the best sacred senses of reconnecting, celebrating, and contemplating all

artform
  • MartyB
    artform, you've always know how to make an entrance, er umm, wait that would be an an exit.

You've always left a lasting impression with me in your posts :D

Hmm, I was just thinking about newbie2009's first post in this thread, when he mentioned anonymity. I thought to myself, I know what Zaneblue looks like from her avitar, I kinda know what ArcticWolves looks like from his videos and now I know what Artform's asshole looks like :!: lol.

If only we greeted each other they way dogs do.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    MartyB said:

artform, you've always know how to make an entrance, er umm, wait that would be an an exit.

You've always left a lasting impression with me in your posts :D

Hmm, I was just thinking about newbie2009's first post in this thread, when he mentioned anonymity. I thought to myself, I know what Zaneblue looks like from her avitar, I kinda know what ArcticWolves looks like from his videos and now I know what Artform's asshole looks like :!: lol.

If only we greeted each other they way dogs do.

Well said Marty B.

Hail to the Pink Starfish!

BF Mayfield
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    artform said:

Good Morning All! :D

Strike off the glands! That briefs science less on is over! :lol:

Sincere apologies to anyone offended. Now the memory can rapidly fade away...

...in fact, what are these two following posters on about?... ... ... :wink:

So, we have The Green Man Contemplating the Golden Apple. The Cosmic Egg of Eastern tradition lives on in collective memory and planetary culture.

This new fellow over there is, of course, The Green Man of myth and legend. Two books might be of interest if you are curious:

Green Man: The Archetype of our Oneness with the Earth by William Anderson with a vast salad of leafy photographs by Clive Hicks is a wonderful introductory and overview book on the topic and its extensive history in early Western culture. The late Maria Gimbutas, author of The Language of the Goddess, which I highly recommend, said of Green Man, "The revival of Green Man is a vital resource in renewing our lost unity with the world of Nature".

The Flowering Rod: Men, Sex, and Spirituality by Kenny Klein is a rich history of the stories, mythopoetics, poetry and rituals of the Green Man tradition. Says the back cover blurb: "A powerful examination of Men's Mysteries that traces the male experience back to the times of the hunter-gatherers, when the simple acts of working and hunting were seen as sacred, and when men's passionate sexuality was celebrated as their personal connection to the Earth. Recognizing that many men of today feel they lack a sense of sacred identity, Klein provides a framework for ritual and self-examination based on ancient lore and legend, that gives men the means to reclaim their own sacred self."

This aspect of male history and culture has always fascinated me and fit with longstanding personal commitments in environmental research and activism. I have long ago forgiven Nature for the time in my youth when an asparagus beetle climbed into my shorts while I was harvesting the crop, and seriously mistook my pink and purplish rod for lunch! YEEOWWWWwww....!!!!!!!!!!!

My wounded rod rapidly blew up into something rivalling and resembling the Goodyear Blimp and I was laid out on the bed until the doctor arrived to see what damage had been done and what might be done about it. There I lay in agony with ice packs around the Blimp, while various family members and visitors observed and extended sympathies. The pain was doubled. Mercifully, after recent events here, there are no known photographs of this particular public debut.

The contemplated Golden Apple, that is another story, but it is in the spirit of many truly treasured energetic dimensions, including J4's Full Moon Club and Yeat's beloved The Song of the Wandering Aengus:

"...
    And pluck till time and times are done
    The silver apples of the moon,
    The golden apples of the sun."

all the best sacred senses of reconnecting, celebrating, and contemplating all

artform

Too bad that avatars don't have audio to accompany them. This might make an interesting addition.

“Green Man”

BF Mayfield
  • GrandTiger
    Thank goodness it's gone. I was so grossed out I haven't used my Aneros since. May still take a few days to get back into the mood :lol:
  • newbie2009newbie2009
    Tks Grand Tiger .... thot I was the odd man out. Better now! :D
  • Badger
    I'm going to miss the potato avatar.
  • newbie2009newbie2009
    Whoops. I thought it was a shea butter nut. :(
  • pnomanpnoman
    goodbye cosmic egg...I always thought you were the back of artform's shaved head!
  • artformartform
    Thanks guys for the comments.

The cosmic-egg/potato/shea-butter-nut/shaved-head, unlike the science lesson, will return from time to time since you asked! :lol:

Friend rumel, avatar doctor/designer for several here, has offered his suggestions to refine Green Man, and I thank you sir for this version which includes the symbol for the sacral chakra, launch pad into energetic microcosmic orbit and journeys through the stars...

any comments welcome before this settles down for good and all the best for all journeys all

artform
  • artformartform
    Thanks so much rumel! Here we have your third iteration; AAA2. Fascinating how you have carved a profile from the 3/4 view original. Thanks again. :D
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    THAT is terrific! Wow! Great job Rumel. What a magnificent custom designed Avatar! Third time is the charm.

Congratulations Artform....looks like a winner.

BF Mayfield
  • artformartform
    IT'S ALIVE! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Thanks so much again friend rumel! :D

all the best animation everywhere inside and out all

artform
  • newbie2009newbie2009
    Nicely done! How many layers?