Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

• autumn
    Hello everyone.

Some months ago [before my aneros journey began] I really got into Kegel exercises. However I strained myself down there and had to stop completely. I was sore for weeks.

I see that some of you swear by Kegel exercises to improve one's aneros journey so would welcome your input. I can no longer remember the Kegel routine I used previously and have conflicting information in the notes I have saved to my pc. Google isn't much help either :x. It seems there is not a consensus on Kegel methodology :evil:.

So do you Kegel proponents have an tips or advice to share? Apart from doing the exercises daily whilst prone, seated and standing and building the reps up gradually after not doing them for so long, I have an open mind.

What say you Kegel Jedi?
  • newbie2009newbie2009
    Here's the verbatim of a Handout my Urologist handed me many years ago.
    =============== =================== ==============
    Kegel exercise for males: This is an optional exercise you can use to strengthen the pelvic floor. This exercise works the same muscles your wife or girlfriend uses to give you that little vaginal squeeze you may like.

Kegel exercises increase the bloodflow to the genital area, and help sexual arousal mechanisms. They may also help improve musculature and aid in controlling early ejaculation (P.E.) ‘Kegels’ may help prevent incontinence and other problems that are often associated with aging.

Exercise routine & sets: First, try squeezing your ‘PC’ muscles as hard as you can for a count of three seconds. Then let them relax. Find out how many times you can do this before the muscles feel tired.

Next, figure out a repetition and set routine just as you would if you were trying to tone and strengthen any other muscle group in your body. For example, if at first, you could only do only five strong PC squeezes then, try doing three sets of five once or twice a day for a week, and then try increasing this to three sets of eight strong PC squeezes. A good goal might be three sets of thirty or more strong squeezes. At this point you’ve most likely achieved a good level of pelvic floor fitness.

Then, adopt a maintenance strategy by doing several three or four sets four times a week (instead of once or twice a day). You should be able to match your Kegel workout schedule to your VED therapy schedule.

To improve your ability to control early ejaculation (P.E.), try varying the type and timing of the PC squeezing as you train these muscles: slow clenches, many quick flutters, and so on. Take note when other abdominal muscles or your anal muscles join in these exercises. With experience, most guys are able to isolate on each of these groups and control them separately to control P.E.

Identifying the PC muscle group: This is best done sitting on the toilet. Start a urine stream; then, stop and restart the stream several times. Feel the muscle you used to stop the stream. The muscles are in the ‘PC’ group. You may find that you are also flexing your anal muscles. Work to separate your use of these two groups. Your goal is to isolate on the PC group.
    Now you should be able to exercise the PC group with an empty bladder and during VED therapy.
    Suggestion: From time to time, repeat the above “PC identification” routine to make sure you are isolating on the PC group.
    ================================================
    NuBe09's comment & personal thoughts:
    1. I do my best Kegel's isolation with the SGX inserted. The MGX would also be a good choice. The Progasm is a bit much for me to do well isolated Kegels...it's so bulky that it tangles me up with the forward quadrant of my anus. (gee whiz, I'm not a 'perfect A-H' after all.) :O
    Edit (addition)-- I keep the SGX 'loose enough' that the p-tab is not making contact with my perineum. That way, if I'm wrongly contacting my sphincter I can feel the SGX moving. The goal here is to contract the PC muscle group without moving the Aneros very much.
    2. The good doc didn't include recovery in his program. I'd suggest a couple of days rest between those multiple sets of 30+ contractions.
    3. Any experienced Aneros user ought to be a champ at Kegels.

I think PAN might contribute some good clues on 'PC isolation' for Aneros users. He's got some pretty good descriptions of muscle group isolation.
  • autumn

Here's the verbatim of a Handout my Urologist handed me many years ago.

*snip*

That was very helpful so thank you very much newbie2009 :).

It gives me a good launching off point so I can safely ignore the conflicting information I already have, at least initially, until I wish to extend my Kegel repertoire .

NuBe09's comment & personal thoughts:
    1. I do my best Kegel's isolation with the SGX inserted. The MGX would also be a good choice. The Progasm is a bit much for me to do well isolated Kegels...it's so bulky that it tangles me up with the forward quadrant of my anus. (gee whiz, I'm not a 'perfect A-H' after all.) :O

:lol:

I only have the Helix currently so will try a gentle Kegel the next time I have an aneros session and see how I get on.

Edit (addition)-- I keep the SGX 'loose enough' that the p-tab is not making contact with my perineum. That way, if I'm wrongly contacting my sphincter I can feel the SGX moving. The goal here is to contract the PC muscle group without moving the Aneros very much.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.

2. The good doc didn't include recovery in his program. I'd suggest a couple of days rest between those multiple sets of 30+ contractions.

Good thinking Batman, thanks :).

3. Any experienced Aneros user ought to be a champ at Kegels.

I'm interested to see how going back to Kegels will affect my aneros sessions and how the aneros use will affect my Kegels.

I think PAN might contribute some good clues on 'PC isolation' for Aneros users. He's got some pretty good descriptions of muscle group isolation.

All contributions are gratefully received :). If nothing else though you've been a great help so thank you very much :).

I'm especially pleased because you've made me realise that I was often only doing partial Kegel exercises when I was doing them previously :o. A quick Google has verified that:

Wikipedia said:

The pubococcygeus muscle or PC muscle is a hammock-like muscle, found in both sexes, that stretches from the pubic bone to the coccyx (tail bone) forming the floor of the pelvic cavity and supporting the pelvic organs.

I now realise that I was typically only tensing the anterior portion of the pc muscle i.e. nearest the pubic bone and failing to adequately tense the posterior portion of the pc muscle i.e. nearest the coccyx, if at all. So this time I will be careful to ensure I use proper technique and emphasise the quality of the exercises whilst building up the quantity gradually.

Thanks, I think I'll leave that until I'm a Kegel master :).