Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Prostate Health Questions
  • hulahula
    I've always been fascinated by how different this forum is from the High Island Health forum which basically deals with the same product. The emphasis here seems to be on pleasure, and consciousness raising while the HIH seems to empasize guys who have a health need for prostate massage. I have to confess that I came to Aneros looking for a turn on, but recently I found out I have BPH, and would like to know more about using my Aneros for the benefits not brouhgt out by going for the Os. Question #1-- Is there an inherent conflict in the two approaches? Can I get a health benefit at this point? I am pretty lucky. I bought a MGX a couple of years ago, and got to the point where I could get Super O's or maybe mini-O's -- I'm not sure about definitions, I just know I enjoyed the heck out of myself. However, because of work and family commitments, I haven't had much time to use my Aneros lately,except for very brief sessions. (I can usually get some real good involuntaries going in a fifteen to twenty minute session.) Question #2- Is a twenty minute session only about once a week going to have the health benefits I need to help me with my BPH? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
  • rumelrumel
    hula,

Re: “Question #1-- Is there an inherent conflict in the two approaches?” – IMHO, regardless of the primary reason for usage you get the benefit of the secondary reason. I’m sorry to hear you are incurring some BPH effects now, but I see no reason why there would be any conflicts in therapeutic usage versus pleasure usage.
    Re : “Question #2- Is a twenty minute session only about once a week going to have the health benefits I need to help me with my BPH?” This is a topic most apppropriately discussed with your doctor. Since I’m not a trained health professional, I can’t really answer that question. It seems logical to me, however, that would be a reasonable starting regime. See if you notice any changes after one or two months, if not, perhaps increase the frequency or duration or both for another couple of months and re-evaluate. If after 8-10 months of increased usage no beneficial effects have been detected, then, I think you can conclude there probably won’t be any, but at least you’ll have had a fun time determining that fact.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    hula,

What Rumel has described is consistent with my understanding and seems fairly consistent with the recommendations of the manufacturer as well. Just to let you know, there is a forum over at the HIH site also. While it is by no means as active as this one, there is information to be had over there regarding BPH and the use of these massagers.

Check it out.

BF Mayfield
  • artformartform
    Hi hula.

It was the potential for treatment for my chronic BPH that was also a major attraction for me to Aneros in the first place, almost two years ago.

You ask about conflict. Caution, I have not yet compared what I am about to describe with the HIH site forum information. My intuitive practice and family circumstances mean that I need to have shorter(about 20 minutes), specific, more vigourous BPH sessions from time to time, whenever the stream seems to be narrowing significantly. With the aneros (usually now my Eupho) in, I walk around, up and down stairs, do toe touches and the like as well as experience involuntaries lying on my back, and after this massage I masturbate to "clear the pipes", to get the crunched micro-crystals etc. debris out of the prostate. To get a greater longer term clear-out, I find I sometimes need to do the same thing again in about two days. Sometimes that is good for a couple of weeks, sometimes less.

For me the "conflict" is only that this is a short focused session requiring an erection and ejaculation, whereas my orgasmic Aneros practice neither requires nor wants e or e! The exception there is in our mutual practice Super-T-ing with mrs. a after cascades of dry multiples and Super-Os!

It is like a remnant of the early days of feeling that sessions always wanted to end in ejaculation and having to learn to resist that in order to rewire. But either or are easier choices now.

all the best managing the BPH :roll:

artform
  • hulahula
    Thanks to all for the helpful posts. I didn't even know I had bph. I just always assumed that I peed a lot because I drank a lot of water ( a habit I picked up when I used to be a marathon runner.) but my doctor did a sonogram of my bladder, and said that the bladder never got more than half empty. I also have a very large bladder. He put me on flomax, which I am getting used to , and Proscar, which I did not like-- it seemed to make me fat, and I just didn't like it. couldn't put my finger on it exactly. My doctor says that bph is something you never really get rid of, they prescribe these drugs for the rest of your life. I don't know-- my instinct is to stay away from medicine. I am going to have to find a urologist who is into alternative treatment-- my current one doesn't seem like the kind of guy I can discuss prostate massage with. Believe me, if I had the time I would use the Aneros for an hour a day, but I don't.
  • Some suggest Saw Palmetto as an alternative.