Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Progasm question
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello People,

I was wondering why it is that the Progasm can ordered for less money at other online stores, and have the option of different colors?

I would have thought that it would be the other way around. As the stores have to tack on their percentage of profit on the sale after purchasing from Aneros. And that keeping color options just to the direct Aneros store would be incentive to purchase direct from them.

And why would Aneros want to encourage people to purchase their products elsewhere because of lower prices? Am I incorrect in assuming that Aneros makes more profit if you order direct through them, rather than a retailer?

Thanks
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hey People,

After not getting any response from this question here. I figured that I had asked it in the wrong place. So I sent a modified version of this post to Aneros Support. You'll have to excuse me if it reads as a paid endorsement. I am not a paid endorser, just a happy customer. I was trying to be extremely polite in light of the fact that this could be a potentially touchy topic to be a bit nosy about. They were ok with me posting their response here. So here it is...

Hi there, :)

First of all, let me thank you for making such a wonderful line of
    prostrate massaging devices. I'm the proud owner of a Helix and MGX.
    And the pleasure I have been receiving from them as I continue to
    practice and learn how to use them has been amazing!
    I asked a question in the forum(I'm registered as "love_is") that I
    probably should have asked you people directly, as I did not get any
    responses.
    I was wondering why it is that Aneros models can be ordered for less
    money at other online stores, and the Progasm have the option of
    different colors? I would much prefer a dark color like black for a
    future Aneros purchase, as I have found that my Helix and MGX both
    have stained somewhat no matter how much I wash them.
    As far as pricing goes, I would have thought that it would be the
    other way around. As the stores have to tack on their percentage of
    profit on the sale after purchasing from you people. And that
    keeping color options just to the Aneros.com web site would be
    incentive to purchase direct from you.

So why would Aneros want to encourage people to purchase their
    products elsewhere because of lower prices and color options on the
    Progasm? Am I incorrect in assuming that Aneros.com makes more
    profit if you order direct through them, rather than a retailer?
    I hope you don't find this to nosy. It just doesn't make sense to
    me. And I would like to support what you people are doing as best I
    can when I purchase other models in the future. Thank you for your time.

-------------------

Thank you for your email. To answer some of your questions. The Aneros products are sometimes found for less on websites that are not authorized to sell them by Aneros. We do not endorse these companies nor do we vouch for the authenticity of the products. As a result of the success of the Aneros products there are knockoffs being promoted as the real thing out there. We cannot make any guarantees that you are receiving the original Aneros or even a new, unused product. We recommend that you beware of deeply discounted Aneros products.

Second, we offer the Progasm in colors to our retail partners as a thank you for supporting the Aneros products. We will, at some point, offer them from our website as well. Make no mistake though, The Progasm is the only Aneros available in colors. We do not manufacture the other Aneros products in any color than white at this point in time.

Aneros Support

-------------------

Hi,

Thank you so much for the nice reply. :)
    I really appreciate that you took the time to do so, and are open enough
    to discuss this with me.
    So if I purchase from any of the retailers listed on the "Find a
    Retailer" link on your web page, I can be assured that I am getting the
    real thing, and properly supporting High Island Health and Aneros
    in the process?
    And also, are you alright with me posting your answers in the
    Aneros.com forum?

Thanks.

--------------------

Thank you for your kind email. You certainly can be sure of receiving the real thing if you purchase from one of our listed retail partners. You are more than welcome to post our replies on the Forum.

Aneros Support
  • I see Aneros products sold on www.amazon.com. Are these legit?
  • I have received mine from Amazon already as well. They are wonderful!!

Jim
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hi equalityboy81,

There is no easy way to search on the "Find a Retailer" web page to see if Amazon.com is an authorized retailer. Even then, a lot of stores just use amazon.com as a store front, which appears to be the case here as a company called "LuvProtector" is the seller. You would have to click on every single red balloon to to view the store information. And some of them are almost completely overlapped, making it hard to know if you have gotten them all. Perhaps this would be a good point to bring up with Aneros support, if you plan on e-mailing them to ask about amazon.com.

Keep in mind though, that if you are just looking for a convenient internet retailer, many of the stores listed on the "Find a Retailer" web page have their own web sites. Even though Aneros has strangely omitted that information from the store contact information. A couple of examples would be:

http://www.goodvibes.com
    http://www.deepmemories.com

I'm sure other authorized retailers have web sites. You will just have to search for their name in a search engine.

Peace :)
  • hulahula
    I am glad that you cleared this up. I did not know whether or not the resellers on Amazon were authorized by HIH. I now understand they are not. I would not risk using a counterfeit one. It might cause damage
  • OH!!
    Yes, and the danger of getting someone's used Aneros from non authorized online also could result in HIV. Be very careful.
  • Love_isLove_is
    A very good point Oh!!

That is something that had not occurred to me. As I just could not imagine a store reselling a used anal toy. Eeeeeeeewww!!! (insert puking face emoticon)

I can stand to pay a bit more money to buy from an authorized retailer just for the personal safety aspect itself.
  • Badger
    A few weeks ago, I came across someone selling a USED MGX on eBay. The shocking thing is that it sold for almost as much as a brand new, unused model!

((shudder))
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Badger said:

A few weeks ago, I came across someone selling a USED MGX on eBay. The shocking thing is that it sold for almost as much as a brand new, unused model!

((shudder))

I can only surmise that the ebay seller in question must have convinced himself that there was a value add involved....with him having broken in the Aneros and all! lol

Whenever possible it 's a better idea to buy from Aneros directly. First, it makes it much easier if there should be any warrantee issues (although that is rare indeed). Secondly, there are special promotional offers, like the 100% guarantee on the MGX or the package deals that are only available here. Lastly, there is the peace of mind of knowing that one is purchasing an authentic, virgin Aneros.

BF Mayfield