Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Quote" Feature Returns to the Forum!

Everyone,

The feature that allows us to quote the comments of other respondents to a thread is back. Check it out!

Good eye Rumel!

BF Mayfield

Everyone,

The feature that allows us to quote the comments of other respondents to a thread is back. Check it out!

Good eye Rumel!

BF Mayfield
    Testing the feature via manually typing it. Where's the button for it?

Comment

[q]test[/q]

Comment

Doesn't seem to work in both variations that I know of. Has the quote command changed?

Comment

Everyone,

Good eye Rumel!

BF Mayfield
          AH so it is! Those of you that dont know how to use it, I worked it out. Not hard.To quote what someone has said click on the quote under the users name you want to quote. Job done!

Comment

@braveneworld - Thank you for pointing that out. Unfortunately your example use of it shows to me that it does not make it obvious that this is a quote compared to what it did in the past. All it does is indent the quoted text. Not obvious enough in my mind. There is going to be people that don't realize this is a quote.

Comment

@Love_is I concur. easy to use but needs to be different colour and say quote.It looked fine before I posted it it was in its own coloured box.
              :-? @CT

Comment

To quote what someone has said click on the quote under the users name you want to quote. Job done!
                It's essentially how it worked in the old forum.

BF Mayfield

Comment

Unfortunately your example use of it shows to me that it does not make it obvious that this is a quote compared to what it did in the past. All it does is indent the quoted text. Not obvious enough in my mind. There is going to be people that don't realize this is a quote.
                  Undoubtedly there will be some confusion when learning to use any new forum feature. Hopefully, we'll all get the knack of it quickly.

B Mayfield said: Good eye Rumel! Actually, we can thank @CT for installing this feature due to user requests. It may be limited to a single quote block from a single user but it's better than we had before.
                  Good Vibes to You !
                  rumel

Comment

Unfortunately your example use of it shows to me that it does not make it obvious that this is a quote compared to what it did in the past. All it does is indent the quoted text. Not obvious enough in my mind. There is going to be people that don't realize this is a quote.
                    Undoubtedly there will be some confusion when learning to use any new forum feature. Hopefully, we'll all get the knack of it quickly.

B Mayfield said: Good eye Rumel! Actually, we can thank @CT for installing this feature due to user requests. It may be limited to a single quote block from a single user but it's better than we had before.
                    Good Vibes to You !
                    Ah thats better obviously CT was still typing his code when I used it.

Comment

Looks like it just needed a little tweakage.

BF Mayfield

Comment

Good Vibes to You !
                        @Love_is I concur. easy to use but needs to be different colour and say quote.It looked fine before I posted it it was in its own coloured box.
                        :-? @CT
                        @braveneworld - Thank you for pointing that out. Unfortunately your example use of it shows to me that it does not make it obvious that this is a quote compared to what it did in the past. All it does is indent the quoted text. Not obvious enough in my mind. There is going to be people that don't realize this is a quote.
                        Doesn't seem to work in both variations that I know of. Has the quote command changed?

Actually it appears that we can use multiple quotes from different users too, cool ! Thanks CT.

BF Mayfield

Comment

B Mayfield,

I think there is a glitch in the software code that doesn't like spaces in user names. I can't get the "@" symbol to highlight your user name as in @B Mayfield, but it works for @Love_is. similarly I can't get the quote function to work on your authored posts.

I wonder if you had Support change your user name to B_Mayfield if that would solve the problem?

rumel

Comment

Or BF Mayfield perhaps?

;-)

Comment

Dear Mr @rumel can ask you how you get your "special" little smiley faces please? I can not see them listed. Do you insert a GIF picture to get them?

Comment

Working...
                              X