tool bar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badger,

Since this new forum software does not allow for previews of your posts, doing a little preparation in an independent word processor helps you to see and edit the flow of your text beforehand. The trick I use is to type all my posts in a plain text word processor first (I use NOTEPAD), then I simply copy it into the edit box on the Forum after I have had a chance to proof read the content. Once it has been copied over the built in spellchecker will squiggle underline in red any potential misspelled words for you to see and correct.

Using this technique should eliminate any hassles you may be experiencing with system latency issues.

Also note there is currently only a 15 minute time limit for you to edit your own posts once you've submitted them (I've requested Aneros Support to lift this limitation so we'll see if that changes in the future).

Good Vibes to You !
    rumel

Comment

I find the edit box very slow. I can type somethng, which then doesn't appear for 5 to 10 seconds or so. I tried using word to compose a post, but then had some giberish in the middle that Word seemed to have generated. I shall keep trying though, because it is currently quite painful to type into the edit box.

Comment

Linum,

MS Word, like most word processors, interjects hidden control coding into the text for formatting purposes. When you subsequently cut&paste this into the edit box, the control coding will appear as extraneous gibberish. To avoid this you need to use a simple plain text word processing program such as NOTEPAD to create and compose your post. Then you can cut&paste this text into the edit box and then apply any desired text formatting effects available from the tool bar.
        Note : You can include html formatting codes, if you know them, into the body of your composed text and then cut&paste this into the edit box, just be sure to click on the "Show Source" button before pasting into the edit box. The "Show Source" button is the icon that looks like a 'dog eared' page with red "" symbols on it. After pasting, click on that button again to see your text as it will appear on screen (more or less). Remember you only have 15 minutes to edit your post for corrections/additions.
        Good Vibes to You !
        rumel

Comment

Hello, all.

I'm using Chrome 20.0.1132.57 m on a Lenovo T400 laptop PC and everything on Aneros.com seems to work. The sales banner does partially cover the new discussion button, but it's still usable. No lag, no lurches.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

I appreciate the referrals to Chrome. It is working better for me than Explorer.

Comment

Working...
            X