strung along?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strung along?

I know I havent been on here for a long time, but I was interested to see that a member had been banned from the site. A number of thoughts came to mind.

First, I commend the Aneros team for providing this forum. For most products, there is no such thing as a hub of support for users. However, with taking that major step comes out of the box major responsibility. One of many reasons that I havent been around is because of the lack of consistency with products. I have been an Aneros user for a few years now, still yet to even experience 1/3 of what most users get. In an attempt to make my experiences better, I tried a number of things. As always, I was part of the forum and chats, but still received no satisfaction. I went ahead and spent a few hundred dollars on Aneros products, was later bullied by a good deal of users on this very forum, ignored by support when I had questions, and for what? My point being, when you as a company open the door for support and discussion, you are opening the door for good and bad user experiences.

Being someone that has recently started a user based company of his own, I have to remain firm about the old saying "the customer is always right". For example, my situation was frustrating not only because of the ignorant responses of other users, but also the fact that after spending hundreds of dollars for the Aneros brand and getting close to nothing as advertised, I was given no way to return the product. Sure, there is the other famous saying "a sucker is born every five minutes", but I believe the Aneros staff needs to not adapt this saying. In fact, how can you advertise that a product has no limit to when it can or cannot start working, yet only offer a small window to return it? In my mind thats theft and in no ways shows that support and discussion that was trying to be achieved when creating this forum. In regards to my own personal struggles with the product, how can you charge a lot ofor a product, take people money alongside a false hope, and in the end claim that you offer a support system, but are not even willing to respond to customers beyond the fact that they cant reach a super o? The process becomes even more lifeless when you are more concerned with shelling out new product than you are interacting with customers and perfecting those already purchased. I was the fool, so thats where I drew the line.

However, there is a different kind of fool. That is where Helixer comes in. Here was a guy, just like everyone else, who may or may not have been happy with the Aneros product. Sure, he might have had a very bitter opinion on matters. To be honest, I can even remember him taking a few digs at me. However, when you open the door to discussion, you get many different personalities from many different cultures. This leads us to ask two questions. For one, was Helixer right? I might think no. You might think no. But that doesnt mean any of us have that authority to label someone elses opinion. From my experiences with forums, members dont respond well to lifeless warnings from staff that are only involved when giving a warning or trying to make a sale. And more importantly, they usually dont respond well to those members who act like they are staff, but really have no authority aside from the fact that they have been members for years. If we are going to ban members for personal opinions, then members should be banned for having an attitude that their opinions are worth more than users that might be new to the product.

The second questions would be, aside from the already disastrous marketing tactics of the company, do you not worry about losing customers because of your actions? I cant speak for Helixer, but if I was banned from a product forum for having an unpopular opinion, chances are I am no longer going to buy or promote that company product. Sure, Helixer could have very well been a bad guy that wanted to stir up trouble. However, he could have also been an enthusiastic product user that was having some issues with the product (or personal issues) that could have been solved by support actually taking stock in its users. Its a very commendable thing to want to take product innovations a step further and interact, but the truth is, you cant half ass it.

You have lost Helixer. And you have basically lost me unless there is a quick and easy why I can pick up on sensations that are advertised. How many others have been lost? More importantly, how many others are you willing to loose? Or does that no longer matter, just as long as people are spending a good 100 bucks a pop for a product that is risky if it will work?

I say all this not to start trouble, but instead to be critical of a dragged out process people have been strung along with for a long time.

Hey there!

I just got out of bed, so I won't attempt to address your whole post (sorry ). All I want to say is: It fook me 4 years! I see you are from 2008, so you are close... but have you tried Hypnaerosession? It's perfect, it even works for a gay man like me.

The best thing I can think of is an analogy with cars. You can't blame the manufacturer of a car when someone drives it and crashes it without a driver's license. The thing about Aneros is that you cannot be trained... there can only be ventured on (buzzword alert!) your journey. Though the best thing like driver's ED would the the Hypnaerosession. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do.

Cheers...

Comment

I am a September 2008 member as well.
      My road has been rough and I too have spent money.
      You cannot blame the product / product's.
      It is how you are made(wired) that is the problem.

I have had 1 dry O sitting with an MGX and an interesting hour or so with a Peredise.
      I have Helix, MGX, Progasm Ice and Peridise advanced.
      The most consistant of these is the Peredise up to now.
      My point being is that they are all different in what spot they hit.
      I might end up having the complete range before I find the one that is right for me.

I read with envy the post's by a new user that has a Super O straight out of the box or in their first few sessions.

Sure I get frustrated, stop for a while, start again.
      It is the luck of the draw.

I read posts about the state of bliss, euphoria, calm sea orgasm. floating, every world leader should have one,
      the key's to world peace, life changing experience.
      This brings me to Helixer.
      Why did he turn so negative and extreme.
      Did he ever Super O or was this another cannabis delusion ?

It is a diverse Forum.
      We all have different ideas and opinions.
      There will be clashes of opinion.

The owners of the Forum show remarkable restraint and have done so for a period of years.
      If you have a beef with one of their products you are free to air your opinion, you will not get banned for it.
      Anybody who gets banned on here has only themselves to blame.

As for me I will continue on my rough road as to abandon my journey would make a mockery of my hopes and aspirations.
      To those of you with doubts and fears, stick with it.

Comment

I get the feeling from reading your post that you think you were duped into buying these products.

Comment

Nat

From my readings of Helixer’s posts, he was actually not dissatisfied with Aneros products. In fact he posted several times that he achieved Super-Os while using his favourite model, which was the 18mm Peridise (the larger of the Advanced set). He did admit however, that he was normally under the influence of marijuana although he stated that he only partook of the weed once every couple of months.

I suspect he enjoyed weed much more often than that, as it seemed to me that many of his posts were composed while under its influence.

I don’t aim to speak for Aneros support here, but it is my firm belief that the reason for Helixer’s banning was his intemperate use of language. Nearly all of the threads that he authored were way off topic and in no way helped viewers of the forum to progress along the path to rewiring.

I believe the primary purpose of this forum is to assist new users of Aneros products to achieve the rewiring process by allowing more experienced users to provide suggestions, which would assist in that process. It has long been my fear and perhaps that of the support team, that much of Helixer’s contribution to this forum was actually counterproductive.

If you go back through his history, I doubt that you could fail to agree. In his defence he submitted that his more outrageous statements had been made in jest. The problem with this is that we have none of us actually met the guy so we have no way of judging his body language, That being the case we have to take his words at face value.

I think it is clear that Helixer was actually doing damage to this forum and to the Aneros brand. With reluctance, I must agree with the decision of support to ban him.

Nat, I’m sorry, none of the above does anything to solve your problem. I’m sure you will eventually find that there is nothing wrong with the design or quality of the Aneros devices. There are clearly tens of thousands of men all round the world who have discovered the wonders of these little pieces of plastic and I am sure you will eventually discover them for yourself.

I discovered Aneros massagers just short of two years ago. Whilst I am sure that I have yet to experience a Super-O, I have had some great times with them and have certainly enjoyed many anal orgasms. If I can discover this area of activity at the age of seventy, I’m pretty sure anyone can! I must also say that some models work better for me than others. For example, I have yet to discover the magic that so many users report that the Progasm does for them!

May I suggest that you select just one model from your toy box and use it exclusively until such time that you actually achieve some success with it. This way your body will learn how to respond to that model. Only when the responses occur consistently with that model would it then be time to experiment with another. I am sure my own progress was slowed by continually trying different models in an attempt to find the magic one!

I would also urge you to try to strip away all the negative feelings you have developed from your previous experiences, go back to the basics and follow the instructions in the “Getting Started” section of the Aneros wiki and treat it is if you are starting again from scratch. Just remember that there are many thousands of men out there who have genuinely found that these devices do work.

Good Luck!

Pommie

Comment

There is a great deal of frustration when you read all the marvelous sessions so many people have and you have none. It took me a few years to get there myself. I also went through a period where I thought that this is all B.S.
            Success with prostate massage is an individual journey. Your rate and depth of success depends on your mind and your body. The forum offers a great deal of information, encouragement and yes frustration when you read of all the great sensations others have had.
            Once it happens to you and you reach that level and then begin to go beyond further and further, you will be amazed.
            Before I had success I would look at the Aneros after a session and think man what a ripoff. Now I look at them and think how can this little piece of plastic (& now stainless steel) do all that to me. Now I look at it as the ultimate bargain.
            I encourage you to keep at it and I hope you will get there. I am very glad I did not give up. Once you have success and become rewired, you will be a changed person.

Comment

Hello Nat,

I've been at this for just past 4.5 years now. And still no super-O. For some men this can take time. So what keeps me going? Well after the first year and a half of nothing, I finally started getting some pleasurable sensations. And it has grown step by step, little by little over the years. Pommie has given some good advice. And I'd even add that for some men, ejaculation abstinence can help tremendously. It did for me, and I still practice it, in addition to Aneros sessions as often as daily when possible. Only because it's the only way I can keep my arousal and pleasurable sensation to keep occurring. These toys are not scams or failures. Like yourself, at one point I thought that to in the back of my head. But I've since let that go once I started getting some pleasurable sensations. Keep practicing. You'll will get something out your Aneros toys. They are not wasted money and effort.

As far as Helixer goes... The Aneros support people spent of a lot of time and effort private messaging with him many times to try to get him to understand what people found so offensive about his posts, and how to change them to be more acceptable to the users here. They went above and beyond simple moderator warnings in the forum. I don't believe this was a light hearted decision on their part. I support their decision to ban him and believe the forums here will be a better place because of it.

Love_is

Comment

Hello, Nat.

You said, among other things, "...I was part of the forum and chats, but still received no satisfaction. I went ahead and spent a few hundred dollars on Aneros products, was later bullied by a good deal of users on this very forum,..."

The responses to your satisfaction issue by others, above, are in line with my opinion.

As for your experience of being bullied by forum members, I think the tone of this place must have changed since you were last here. Considering the 6 months I've participated in this forum, with the sole exception of Helixer, I haven't seen any bullies or even much rudeness. This forum is one of the most politely behaved ones I've ever encountered, and I've been around many on the Internet since 1995.

I hope you have a better experience with this forum and with Aneros products in the near future.

Best Regards,

Dave

Comment

Nat;

The Aneros devices are simple pieces of plastic that are only as useful as the mind and imagination of the user. It's very much like giving a spool to a kid: some will see it as a chunk of wood, a piece of junk; to others, with a sharpened dowel glued into the hole, it's a top; split it in two, and glue a dowel between the halves with a string with a loop on one end, and it's a yo-yo; slip a dowel in the center and support both ends, and it's a pulley, and the list goes on, only limited by the creativeness of the mind. If you think it's just a blankety-blank piece of f-in plastic, well to you, that's all that it can be.

The hardest part of this device, is to relax, erase all expectations, open the mind and focus on the slightest sensations that it produces, not letting the mind wander. For some, it's quite easy to accomplish, and they have the most wonderful sensations. For most, they have a fairly steep and long learning curve, taking many months of little sensations before experiencing each level of success. Then there are those, like me, who have been working for years without much success, but every now and then experiencing a spectacular session, then nothing for months at a time, not knowing what happened nor how to repeat it.

In some respects, it's kind of like having faith: you just keep following without seeing much, if any signs, hoping/confident that in the end, you will be successful.

I hope this is helpful.

Comment

i feel your pain i would be pissed if i had not had any results i would be satisfied with just the health benefits personaly but at the end of the day its just a sex toy some people build it up too much this can hinder progress hypnoaerosession is good but do you really want to spend more cash

Comment

First I want to say that I did not start this thread. This post was in response to the banning of a member. I responded only to get a PM from support saying that they meant to close the thread, but never did. So instead they moved my post to another thread (I guess..) without even telling me.

Bishop, you are right, I do feel like a sucker for spending all that money. You want to know the reason why? It was because I actually believed in the product and what everyone else was saying. So really, there was no negative approach to the product or sessions. And while things understandably take time, there has to be a point where you get realistic and a line is drawn. Sure, at first it might not be the products fault, but after years of on and off use, questions need to be answered. Yet I find it so funny that when those questions are directly asked to the company making the product, they run away with their tail between their legs, flapping money in their hands, laughing. In all seriousness, if it takes anywhere between 4 years to get the product to work, either it isnt perfected yet, or they need to clearly tell customers this is the case before they spend the money. It would have atleast saved me a lot of time, frustration, and money.

To be completely blunt, its always the same old song and dance. No one wants to address the facts, they just want to use safe answers. But the honest truth is, what makes anyone here an Aneros expert? It was stated that tens of thousands of men have experienced the great wonders of this device (which I have no doubt is true), but how do you know that there are not as well tens of thousands who have had no success? Every time someone has an issue with their model, everyone assumes that they need to go back and read the basics. Hell, if you had a 5 year user, they would be told to do the same. When in fact, its an insult to their intelligence, because they have actually been using the product for 5 years. In turn, whether it be Aneros fanboys or support, everyone wants to blame the lack of success on the user. When in fact, what I am trying to say is that the user is the customer and the customer is always right. To have no warning on how much the product may or may not work, Aneros is not taking responsibility for their product. Its as if I was to go to Best Buy and buy a DVD, get it home, and it doesnt work. Then after my frustration, go to return it to the store only to have the cashiers tell me that I cannot return the product because they dont believe me since it works in the store DVD player. In the end, having it blamed on my DVD player. Any store manager would have put the cashier in their place and gave the customer a refund.

People can assume it is something wrong with me, which it very much can be. However, that is a very bold assumption. How do you know for a fact that it is me and not the product? And yes people.. I am asking for cold hard facts. The truth is, no one can say.

Again.. I would be interested in hearing from the Aneros team about this. I would like an answer that isnt like a press release or hype of the product. While all you guys try to be as helpful as you can, you all wouldnt be here if you were completely dissatisfied with the product. So in reality, you do not speak for all Aneros users.

Comment

Nat-

I agree with you in part. It seems to me there are a few different issues here:

1) the marketing of the device does not indicate that there is a range of success with it, and that success might take a long time.

2) that the forum is probably biased towards men who have had success

3) that you spent a lot of money buying more than one device, based on your participation in the forum

4) helixer

With respect to (1), I agree with you that the company should make this clear. The aneros is like a surfboard. Everybody knows that you can't expect to be a good or even great surfer unless you have a lucky combination of time to spend on it and physical talent. But with the aneros that is less obvious. The really confounding thing is that it is not understood why some guys get it and some struggle. I have been trying to crack that nut for seven years now.

That said, they do offer a 30 day guarantee. While it is true that 30 days is not often enough to get going hands-free, still it is reasonable. I don't know what the business considerations are for extending it to, say, 60 days, which would be better. Furthermore while many users don't get hands-free responsiveness, my sense is that if the device is used in conjunction with traditional sex it will provide at least some enhancement for almost everybody. So I don't think it is a complete dud for many people. With a surfboard, this is like being able to lie on it and paddle.

So I think it would be *better* for the company to make this clear, but I don't think it is malfeasance.

Which leads me to (2). One way the company is compensating for lack of such information is by hosting this forum. It is a double edged sword. The forum is biased towards enthusiasts because those are the kind of people who would bother to come here. But on the other hand, there are almost always some threads going that indicate difficulty learning how to use it, or how long it has taken. What I find interesting, actually, is that over the last couple of years the proportion of such threads has gone down. I don't know why that is, though some other long-time participants attribute it to the wiki and rumel's CD. Since I was one of the authors of the wiki I'd be glad to think this is true, but I don't know. Anyway, there is clear integrity on the part of the company in having a forum in which problems with their product are discussed (like in this thread). In sum, while the forum is self-selected towards guys who have had success, there is still plenty of discussion of failure, and such failure is acknowledged as a real problem and elicits much genuine effort at helping. The beach is full of guys who are trying to help newbies surf, and the water is full of both good and great surfers, and those stuck just paddling.

Which leads me to (3). Here is the part i disagree with you about. Nobody here bullied you. They have no leverage over you and no ability to force you to participate in this forum. Furthermore, I am sure I have read, however long ago, the threads you are on and I have never noticed anybody forcefully pushing a product on a forum member. Some guys might suggest they like this model or that, and say they had success when they moved to this model or that. But often that is counter-balanced by those who say that it is more about skill then the model itself.

If you spent a lot of money on additional models when the first ones didn't work, then you were imprudent. I understand that you might have acted out of desperation to experience what is commonly reported here. But, you have to be honest with yourself that it was your responsibility not anybody else's

Which leads me to (4). Helixer was banned here because he become incoherent and very ugly. You are evidencing some anger, and I am sorry and I feel your pain. But there is really no relationship between you and Helixer. I do think you should chill your message a little, but that is just personal advice.

Finally I wish I could help you get success with the aneros. It is a great frustration to me that some guys just don't get off the ground and that there no clear way to help them.

I do appreciate you coming back to the forum to report that you have had no luck. That provides the needed counter-balance to all the enthusiasm.

Darwin

Comment

Haven't checked into this forum for awhile and this happened to be the first post I clicked on.
                          I'm sure I've said this before but here goes again.
                          It's all in your head! The energy to have these mind blowing orgasms is already in you. Learning how to free this energy is the key. For some the aneros helps release this and others not so much. I feel the reason why some have troubles experiencing "success" lies much deeper than we think. I haven't used the aneros for quite some time now. I actually pretty much have fully stopped doing things related to MMO's. It's like I just don't care anymore. I may just be in a weird part of my life. I know the energy is within me but haven't had much desire to release it in the MMO manner. Plus when I do try it doesn't come easily like it did awhile back and I attribute that to my own mental blocks and crap that's gotten in the way.
                          That's my problem.... Not the aneros. The aneros works. But only when I'm in the right mind to let it work. Nothing wrong with the product. The problem lies within the user. And I think this pisses the shit out of people that while others are experiencing great things they are not.

When I first found out about the aneros by stumbling across MMO's I thought it was all BS. The whole men being able to have MMO's like in the manner of women. Holy shit was I wrong. Buying a product that claims to give you MMO's and super O's even if there was no 30 day money back guarantee seems like a pretty damn easy gamble to me. Though If the first device I bought hadn't worked I doubt I would keep buying them. And even after I experienced great success I would put the aneros away for months or year at a time before getting the desire to want to experience MMO's. I just have to be in the right state of mind.

Anyways I can feel for those who haven't had any success at all and feeling like they wasted there money. But at least you know that the possibility is there. It's just up to you to figure the how out. I suggest working with meditation and other areas of your life and come back to MMO's at another time. This advice is for anybody who is frustrated with not being able to achieve MMO's aor super O's or what not.

Comment

Nat,

You received a PM from the Aneros folks informing you that they had closed the other thread and had moved your comments to a new thread, then they were telling you what they had done, right? Perhaps what you were trying to say is that they didn't ask your permission? Fact is, they don't have to. As you and every other member here knows they have the absolute right to edit, delete and amend content as they see fit. We all give them that right when we first sign on. Another fact is that they rarely exercise that right. It seems to me in this case that this was done for your benefit as had they closed the other thread with your comments in there no one would have been able to respond to what you posted. (I suspect that you would have had something to say had that occurred).

With respect to the "customer is always right", this is a catchy slogan that was created back in 1910 to "sucker " as you say more buyers, by making them feel "empowered". Some people credit Marshall Fields for it others say it was Harry Selfridge. I suspect that it really began with itinerant peddlers working door-to-door making their way across the old south west. As one who has owned my own business for 30 years I can tell you that the customer is often TERRIBLY wrong. In an absolute sense, yes, a merchant's very existence relies upon having customers, but this does not mean that the customer makes all the rules. For example, every now and then I have had customers demand to purchase something from me at under my cost! Is the customer " right" then too? If you are in business long enough you'll discover, there are all sorts of customers out there and there are some that you simply cannot do business with. No matter what you do there will always be some buyers who have issues.

It's a credit to the Aneros company that they have allowed you to air your dissatisfaction in the past and facilitated it this time by making sure that your comments weren't lost inside of a closed thread.

Paul

Comment

Hi again Billy11!! And hi again Nat!!

IMHO, you've said it so well Billy11!!

Originally posted by Billy11
                              ...It's all in your head! The energy to have these mind blowing orgasms is already in you. Learning how to free this energy is the key. For some the aneros helps release this and others not so much. I feel the reason why some have troubles experiencing "success" lies much deeper than we think. I haven't used the aneros for quite some time now. I actually pretty much have fully stopped doing things related to MMO's. It's like I just don't care anymore. I may just be in a weird part of my life. I know the energy is within me but haven't had much desire to release it in the MMO manner. Plus when I do try it doesn't come easily like it did awhile back and I attribute that to my own mental blocks and crap that's gotten in the way.
                              That's my problem.... Not the aneros. The aneros works. But only when I'm in the right mind to let it work. Nothing wrong with the product. The problem lies within the user. And I think this pisses the shit out of people that while others are experiencing great things they are not.

When I first found out about the aneros by stumbling across MMO's I thought it was all BS. The whole men being able to have MMO's like in the manner of women. Holy shit was I wrong. Buying a product that claims to give you MMO's and super O's even if there was no 30 day money back guarantee seems like a pretty damn easy gamble to me. Though If the first device I bought hadn't worked I doubt I would keep buying them. And even after I experienced great success I would put the aneros away for months or year at a time before getting the desire to want to experience MMO's. I just have to be in the right state of mind.

Anyways I can feel for those who haven't had any success at all and feeling like they wasted there money. But at least you know that the possibility is there. It's just up to you to figure the how out. I suggest working with meditation and other areas of your life and come back to MMO's at another time. This advice is for anybody who is frustrated with not being able to achieve MMO's aor super O's or what not.
                              I find even leaving a particular model alone for months, even a couple of years as I did with my MGX, and their effects are even better when I come back to them.

Plus, there are many available complementary practices. Before Aneros I/we (mrs. a joined in) experimented with Taoist sexual kung fu. I was able to open my energies and got as far as achieving the MicroCosmic Orbit circulation of these energies through my body. Then left it behind for many years.

When my aneros journey was seeming slow to get going after some weeks , I saw that some others here were also practising KSMO. I took a look. Felt that method was worth a shot. Bought. Tried it. Soon p-waves started for me using KSMO, quickly they became very powerful!! and my Aneros practice then took off too.

And suddenly I was also feeling those old energies again more powerfully and MCOing easily. IMHO, what you learn along these lines never really leaves you, your body/mind. You may just need a complementary trigger.

We are all unique. Put away the negative feelings. Explore. Adopt any other technique your intuition deeply feels may help you fully open up, and try it. Or if you cannot believe that this is in you, relax and leave it in your past...

I wish you well in your business Nat and however you choose to follow your MMO interest. All the best!

artform

Comment

Working...
                              X