Best lube- Probe Thick & Rich Best price- Walgreens.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi flipflyer,

Let us know how you like the shea butter.

-----------------------------------------------------

On a side note...
    A while back I figured out how to reduce the amount of washings needed to get my Aneros prostrate massager's completely squeaky clean. Run your hands and the Aneros under water that is warm, or preferably hotter before attempting to wash it. It will melt off all of the excess shea butter leaving only a very thin oily sheen that only requires two washes at the most. I know it sounds obvious. But I didn't figure this out immediately. :lol:

Love is Peace

Comment

Quick question about the shea butter.
      So I went to the health food store and picked up a jar of fair trade unrefined natural shea butter with no additives but on the box it say "for external use only".
      Now I'm pretty sure I got the right thing so I'm just curious as to whether it says this on the packaging that you guys are getting it from? Should I be concerned? Does it maybe mean jut not to be eaten? I'm just kind of leery to put it inside me when the box says not to. I almost picked something else up instead but after reading LoveIs posts I really wanted to give this simple lube approach a try.

Comment

The 'Fair Trade' hand crafted, unrefined, unscented 100% Shea Butter I am using by Alaffia does not have a "for external use" warning on it but it is sold as a skin/hair cream. I picked it up at a Whole Foods store. There is a lot of literature on the web concerning Shea Butter and it is used for cooking also. My product includes a 1-800 number to call.

In addition, in listening to my body, I can tell you the following has been my experience: One type of liquid lube I used actually stings a little bit when I inject it. Shea Butter has never led to gastronomical upset, like the other lubes I have used - even the glycerin free water based ones. Shea Butter lasts the longest of any of the lubes I've tried. Shea Butter leaves my behind feeling as good or better than it did before my session started.

It is messier to apply and takes a little longer to 'warm up'. I’ve been using it for about a month.

The 'for external use only' warning is on a lot of lube products. Heck, even tooth paste has a 'harmful if swallowed' warning on it.

As with everything you put in your body, keep asking questions and do your due diligence on the internet.

J4

Comment

J4-
          Thank you for your reply. Very helpful. I bought the same exact brand and type of shea butter as you but on the bottom of the box I got it in it said "for external use only" so it's good to hear that it's safe. Just wanted to make sure I got the right stuff before using.
          Yea the main reason why I want to use shea butter after reading about it here is that the glycerin free water based lubes give me that gastronomical upset problem which really kills the sessions plus I was looking for something that lasts alot longer without having to relube and this sounds like the perfect solution and seems more safe than other lubes.
          Thanks again.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind when buying unrefined 100% shea butter at your local store. Because it is generally sold as a hand or skin moisturizer in the cosmetics section, some of the brands have additional ingredients in them which may not be desirable. Generally they are either additional moisturizing and/or perfume ingredients. Neither of which are necessary.

Love is Peace

Comment

Well I used the shea butter for the first time last night and this morning and it works great. Lasts a long time and doesn't upset the stomach.
              For now definitely my lube of choice!

Comment

Billy11,

Wow, I just went back and looked at some of your posting history – you have been involved in some of the all time classic discussions on this forum! The body ball, Anonicos, Man’s Man, OBE’s, etc… that’s quite a history there.

I was interested in your note on the Alaffia product since it may have said on the box ‘for external use only’ but not on the jar. I can’t read the small print like I used too! So I went to the Alaffia website and looked up there ingredients. I must change the line from ‘100% Shea Butter’ to ‘100% Natural Ingredients’. This knowledge doesn’t dissuade me using this specific product, but it probably means I’ll continue searching until I find one that is 100% Shea Butter. I’m sure we all have our tactics for talking to women in health food stores about products that we are using in ways that may not be recommended by the manufacturer!

As you probably realize by now, we are the guinea pigs for this process. There is no more research on this product now than when you started. I recently emailed aneros support about research/MRI’s of brains on their product and they said that all their research efforts are aimed at the FDA approval process for the therapeutic properties on the prostate – not the pleasure.

Oh well, the journey continues…

J4

Comment

Hey J4,
                  Ya I'm off and on with my aneros use which is the reason why I'm an off and on poster here ;-)
                  Ya the box of my shea butter said 'for external use only' but the actual jar doesn't say anything here either. But considering it's working well and I have a whole jar of it I too feel comfortable using the rest of it then try to find the pure stuff if this isn't it.
                  LOL I felt like being blunt at the health store about what I was going to use it for but decided not too haha.
                  The guinea pigs for sure. Awhile back I remember being involved in a thread about lube and felt like maybe we could be damaging ourselves with the frequent use of it so it's nice to for the mind to think that maybe we're finding better things for lube but still got to keep making sure it's safe however we can.
                  I'm hoping this time around I keep at it with the aneros use. I really want to experience the higher levels of super O's. I've had decent success but know there's much more to achieve.
                  And so the Journey continues

Comment

Is shea butter scented?

anyway, I just dropped by to add my two cents that Probe is the most amazing stuff ever. Far superior to the ID Glide stuff that the Aneros came with... Probe FTW big time.

Thanks for this suggestion! (And sorry for this grotesque bump)

Comment

Hello nob.noob.ody,

Unrefined 100% shea butter does have it's own scent. According to a user here named J4, in his Blog he describes it as very tolerable and light. See the following link.

http://www.aneros.com/displayentry.php?id=350#comments

Keep in mind that some companies have different lines of unrefined shea butter that have added scents and moisturizers. My preference is to stay away from those, as you never know how they will react to your skin and internals. Plus I don't like scents in general.

I'm glad the Probe lube works for you. I'll stay with unrefined 100% shea butter myself. As prefer to use natural ingredients in my body.
                      No worries about the thread bump. This is how we exchange information.

Love_is

Comment

Hello People,

I finally finished my jar of refined 100% shea butter, and purchased a jar of unrefined 100% shea butter. I ended up purchasing Skye Botanical African Gold Shea Butter.

http://www.skyebotanicals.com/

It cost me about $14.00 USD for a 4 ounce jar. It was the least expensive of the three unrefined types they had at my local health food store. They had testers of this one and the Alaffia brand that other users here have used. So I was able to compare them. The Skye Botanicals shea butter is dark yellow in color, and stronger smelling than the Alaffia brand. The smell is hard to describe. Kind of musty plant like is the best I can do. Fortunately the smell is not so strong as to make it unpleasant to use. Once it was applied, and I washed my hands, I could hardly smell it.

Unfortunately, the consistency is a little disappointing. It's not as goopy/waxy as the Alaffia, or my prior Now Foods refined shea butter that I used. It's kind of dry and crumbly, and doesn't stay or stick together all that well. So it makes application a lot more challenging as it is difficult to make it stay rolled into a ball shape for insertion in the anus and rectum. And also when you apply it to the Aneros, you have to watch for pieces of shea butter falling off it as you are spreading it on.

At the end of my first Aneros session using this unrefined 100% shea butter, inspecting my Progasm after pulling it out, it was still lubed, but not as much as I would have been with my prior refined shea butter I was using. And the melted consistency is lighter. Which implies that I will have to use more per application/session.

Also the consistency is kind of grainy until it all melts. Which from what I understand, means I need to heat it up some and stir it to make it smooth again. I'm hoping this will make it not so dry and crumbly. But I will have to wait until I use up some more to try this, as they filled it right to the rim of the container.

In hind sight, I should have purchased the Alaffia brand unrefined 100% shea butter. As the consistency is more like the Now Foods refined shea butter I was previously using. Which besides the fact that is was refined, was a fantastic lube to use. Live and learn.

Love_is

Comment

So i'v been in a lot of Walgreens and when I go back to the lube and condom section I have never found the Probe Lube. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Comment

Originally posted by fllurker
                            So i'v been in a lot of Walgreens and when I go back to the lube and condom section I have never found the Probe Lube. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
                            Thats where I found it. Good luck finding it. it is totally worth it.

Comment

So the best healthy options are Probe or one of the make-it-yourself recipies in this thread?

How does Sylk measure up?
                              Sounds like it has quite similar ingredients to Probe.

Comment

Regarding this (helpful) thread, natural extracts aren't necessarily safe. And those that have not been analyzed or tested on living beings can't be assumed as safe. Further, even if derived from a known source, such as kiwi berries or whatever, doesn't mean that an otherwise innocuous component has not been thereby concentrated and become problematic. Just to note.
                                QV

Comment

Working...
                                X