No announcement yet.

The Healthy Limits of Orgasm

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just finished reading “The Multi-orgasmic Man” by Chia and Arava, and was astounded that Taoists see sexuality and exploring it as central to spirituality - not only that, they view multiple dry orgasms as life enhancing, although they did also say that we should avoid too much ejaculation. As an example, a 40-year-old guy should ejaculate no more than once in every 10 days, and a 50-year-old man, no more than once in every 20! I have trouble doing that at the moment (being 50 years old) but I tried it for a week, and I WAS amazed at how it felt. I had some modest multiple orgasms, but feel that with time, patience, and also with the aid of my aneros, I should be able to turn them into something even more pleasurable.

The key for Taoists seems to be to keep your sexual energy in your control, and to circulate excess energy around your body, where you can convert it into positive “chi” to enhance the vitality and health of your body. They feel that on average, people who practice multiple orgasmic techniques, in conjunction with control of sexual energy and avoidance of ejaculation can live longer, and live more fulfilled lives. Sounds good to me.

Are we to suppose that the corollary is that you should expect less from multiple orgasms if you also ejaculate a lot, but more than if all you did was have traditional ejaculatory orgasms only???????

Linum the question is though... Does the prostate get "old" because men ejaculate less... Or do men ejacaculate less because the prostate gets old.... From the sounds of it from men using testosterone therapy their sex drives go up, meaning more ejaculations... Its only my opinion but to keep the prostate, testicals the whole system healthy a person shouldn't try not to have orgasms. Prostate orgasms are fine, and might flush out the prostate but what about everything else along the reproductive line? Just my opinion but I don't think a person should strive for less traditional orgasms

I just reported what I read jja. I think their whole point was that even if you have a high sex drive, you should control it, not the other way around. They were saying it was good to have orgasms, but not good to ejaculate too much.

Does anyone else have a greater understanding of this?

I believe your understanding of 'Mantak Chia's teachings is correct. As I interpret the Taoist way of thinking, ejaculations represent a loss to the body of valuable "Chi" (lifeforce energy). Taoist teachings emphasize building-up and strengthening one's personal "Chi". Since orgasm and ejaculation are separate events, it is believed that orgasms, without ejaculations, circulate and build-up your personal "Chi". Hence, their advocacy for reducing and controlling ejaculations, However, this does not mean to preclude one from ever having ejaculations. They recognize ejaculations are a natural and necessary aspect of life processes and believe that once a man has a strong reserve of personal "Chi" then the occasional ejaculatory release does not cause debilitating effects.

Frequency of ejaculations has been an recurring topic of discussion for years on this Forum, the latest thread to air this was Continence??? by 'Kev'.

Of course none of this matters if you don't ascribe any validity to the Taoist path.
          Good Vibes to You !

Thanks Rumel - nicely explained. At the moment I have some sympathy with the Taoist path, and think I'll explore it a little more as a complement to my aneros journey. Chia's book certainly filled in a few gaps in my understanding on multi-orgasmic practice (including aneros use) and in addition, things that I knew from disparate source have suddenly slotted together into a more coherant understanding on what is going on. It has certainly resonated with me.

This brings me back to the point of this thread - according to Taoist belief, based on 3000 years of practice, orgasms and sexuality generally, are very much a healthy thing. Addiction would not be an issue for them, since control over your sexual energy is a key tenet of their teaching.

lol as a younger guy in his 30's I like to ejaculate at least once a day or every other day. I feel depressed and like I'm getting old if I go more than 4 days without an orgasm lol

Bad news jja (lol) taoists think that a 30-year old guy should ejaculate no more than once in every 8 days! Cheer up - for me at 50, they suggest no more than once in 20 days, and at the age of 60 - never. However, guys who reach muti-ogasmic states via this method say they wouldn't swap their long duration mutiple orgasms of such great intensity for the 6 to 10 second traditional ejaculatory orgasms that are the alternative. By the way, the most I have ever achieved is 10 days, and in the middle I did have to internally ejaculate, which they say causes you to lose less sexual energy, and have a shorter refractory period.

The biggest killer of this technique for me is blue ball syndrome, but for most of the 10 days, I was able to keep this under control with testicular massage techniques, and a technique called the "cold draw", where you apaprently circulate excess sexual energy around your body, where you can convert it into "chi" that does your body some good, as I described above.

The advantage for aneros use as I see it at the moment, is that I can generate higher arousal rates, but the horniness that can end my sessions, I now have under my control. I used to say that I couldn't concentrate on anything, including my work if I hadn't ejaculated, but that too is now under my control for the most part. I am hoping that both the aneros use, and these techniques will compliment each other, and lead to progress via both techniques.

I agree with jja. :-)

I'm a few years older, but for me, following my natural biological and physical urges has served me well in continued good health, sexual performance and enjoyment. I don't claim any special sexual knowledge -- and I would never attempt to change anyone's mind about something as personal as sex -- but prolonged periods of withholding sexual gratification makes as much sense to me as limiting bowel movements. :-) By gratification, I mean traditional sex to wet orgasm, with or without a partner.

I try to keep an open mind, but I'm not ready yet to limit traditional orgasms to once a month or less (if that's the taoist way) -- at least not until what's working needs fixing. Maybe my philosophical approach is simply caught somewhere between the old sayings: "If it feels good, do it," and "All things in moderation" -- with a smidgen of "Use it or lose it!" :-)

Keoke said:
                    I try to keep an open mind, but I'm not ready yet to limit traditional orgasms to once a month or less (if that's the taoist way) -- at least not until what's working needs fixing. Maybe my philosophical approach is simply caught somewhere between the old sayings: "If it feels good, do it," and "All things in moderation" -- with a smidgen of "Use it or lose it!" :-)

Where is the "LIKE" button??? lol

That is fine - no one is obliged to try anything they don't want to. Just trying to broaden the topic of conversation here - and have realised that Taoist traditions do perhaps have something to offer me, and to add to this topic of conversation. Aneros use isn't for everyone either (apparently), although that shouldn't stop the message getting out, should it?

I think men are hard wired to be very defensive about their ejaculations, perhaps fearing that not ejaculating is akin to something like impotence. Yet here we are in a forum that aims to help men achieve pleasure in an alternative manner to the normal. My comments were made in the spirit of openness that I feel does characterise this forum.

The like button is to the left, a zero with arrows above and below - apparently.

It's funny, I remember early on during
                          my Aneros journey where a lot of guys here recommended ejaculation
                          abstinence to help move progress forward. And at that time in my life
                          I masturbated to ejaculation once or more on a daily basis, and I was
                          very much in the same head space of Keoke. Why should I give up the
                          pleasure I get from ejaculatory orgasms? There was just no way in
                          hell that was going to happen! LOL

Then further on into my Aneros journey
                          I hit a brick wall, so to speak, in my progress. And in my
                          desperation to move forward and achieve super-O's, I was willing to
                          try anything. So I grudgingly
                          tried ejaculation abstinence. And
                          it turned out to be one of a few major discoveries that really pushed
                          my progress further forward. I have to say it also dramatically
                          changed how I viewed the feeling of arousal. Prior to this, arousal
                          and any bit of erection was torture that needed to be resolved with
                          an ejaculatory orgasm. Now I recognize that arousal and erections are
                          two separate things. And arousal is a sensation I savor and enjoy.

So I'm not here to convince anyone to
                          do what I did. I recognize that everyone is quite different in what
                          works for them. But I thought you might enjoy hearing about my

Yes, Love-is, i know i am always glad to hear what u and all members have to say, and i know others are also. i agree abstinence helped me get rewired, and i almost never masturbate anymore. Suffering from ED i get all i need from aneros and mangina. Like u at first every session ended with a super-t. i just cudn't resist becuz of habit. i do always say though that i think masturbation, which of course ended the session, and was sometimes a relief from the endless almost intolerable pleasure (which i somehow endured, and still do LOL) and was a more pleasurable orgasm than i had ever experienced before aneros use, it helped me to really get in touch with the prostate sensitivity. Again, i agree to each his own, and i wouldn't necessarily encourage newbies to continue masturbating while using aneros, lest it interfered with their rewiring.

I shared Love_is 's experience as the two of us moved through our 'suggested abstinance' periods about the same time. As with many (but not all) Anerosians, that two or three week period of abstinance supported some self-realization as I moved through extreme horniness, enforced semen 'conservation' and then a brief 'sexual frump' ... a sort of eunich feeliing perhaps.

Eventually it took less buzzing brain arousal to suport an Aneros session and I've been able to blend Aneros generated orgasm, conventional marital orgasms, MMO's during foreplay and regular masturbation into an integrated life where I can make choices and along with my mate choose the degree of desire I wish to carry into extended foreplay and sex. .... as Tig Woods might say, "it's all good !"

..... rook

Orgasm as a Brain Cleansing activity.

In my mid-twenties I had heavy involvement in my first profession as a deployable military pilot. Due to weekly and monthly deployment schedules my opportunities for sexual release were turned inside out. The daily grind of round-the-clock operations upset my masturbation opportunities. Occasionally I would have a wet dream but those were infrequent due abbreviated sleep schedules.

Seemingly unrelated to this 'upsetment' I began to experience painfree Visual Migraine Auras (aka Cortical Spreading Depression), a mild 20 minute visual display. That aura was followed by an hour or two of a frumpy feeling akin to a post-ejaculatory 'let-down' when prolactin takes over the male body and enforces the refractory state. Fortunately I got none of the headache symptoms that most Migraine victims experience.

These 'attacks' seemed to happen once every month or two. Sometimes though they happened a couple of times a month. At first I assumed they were the result of sleep irregularities or combat related stress. It never occured to me that they were in indicator of a lack of sex.

In my early 30s I drew another conclusion. When I was experiencing orgasm with some regularity there were no Miagraine-like events. My brain needed orgasm as a 'housecleaning' procedure. if it lacked that 'housecleaning' it would sweep neurochemical depression across my cortex (and probably other regions of the brain) to get the job done.

When I stated my Aneros Journey I found that a chain of dry-Os or an intense Super-O worked just fine.

Over the last three years, I've only run into two other gents in this Forum who experience similar effects. My conclusion -- we are designed to "need" orgasm as a part of mental hygiene -- most of us just don't realize it.

So, however one does it, KSMO, Aneros, manual masturbation, sex or an Anerosless mental session. It's all good !

...always reach for the brass ring ..... rook