Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMO, semen retention and vasocongestion (aka 'Blue Balls')

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMO, semen retention and vasocongestion (aka 'Blue Balls')

Hi everyone!

I've stumbled across this thing called Semen Retention which I'm sure many of you might be familiar with. I've read so many wonderful success stories of people regaining their focus in whatever they're doing, higher energy levels etc. by practicing SR. From what I understand and the research I've done, it's nothing new and ancient civilisations have used this practise for various benefits.

I'm not a beginner with my aneros but I'm not a pro either, I'm still learning and I've made some great progress. The reason for posting is that I wonder if it's possible to combine aneros play with semen retention during a longer period or time? Or does the body 'need' to ejaculate after a few sessions?

I have already tried this to some extent, but have very quickly gotten vasocongestion (aka 'Blue Balls'), which hurts like a @#%* if I don't ejaculate sooner rather than later. I get blue balls very easily and my solution have always been to ejaculate to make it go away, but I'm wondering if there might be a threshold one have to overcome in order for the blue balls to disappear without ejaculation. (I get blue balls even if I just get aroused and don't do anything about it, which I assure you can be quite frustrating to say the least)

Interestering in hearing your thoughts on this topic!

Take care!

//cheers

I have been doing the SR for a few months and the longest I have gone is 25 days. Doing aneros does relieve the tension for me. It's a great balance. Life is an experiment.

Comment

Yeah, in some sessions I get blue balls too

Comment

Originally posted by Woodbine View Post
        I have been doing the SR for a few months and the longest I have gone is 25 days. Doing aneros does relieve the tension for me. It's a great balance. Life is an experiment.
        Originally posted by RSilva View Post
        Yeah, in some sessions I get blue balls too
        ok thanks! Do you ejaculate when you get blue balls or do you 'ride out the storm' so to speak and wait for it to pass / stop hurting without ejaculating?
        Last edited by JoeCrix84; 02-15-2017, 03:18 PM. Reason: quote

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCrix84 View Post
          I've read so many wonderful success stories of people regaining their focus in whatever they're doing, higher energy levels etc. by practicing SR.
          Hey, JoeCrix84, I can confirm that. Having coped with a full month challenge of SR lately, I experienced all that and furthermore I got very attentive to my body's and my mind's vibes and responding to any stimulation, thus helping me taking some hurdles on my journey.

The reason for posting is that I wonder if it's possible to combine aneros play with semen retention during a longer period or time? Or does the body 'need' to ejaculate after a few sessions?
          I got blue balls, too. But with my Aneros or Aless sessions giving me some fine dry orgasms this feeling faded away. Just now my balls are aching again but I kind a like that, cause it makes them that present and it get's me aroused knowing them filled up to the most.

[...] but I'm wondering if there might be a threshold one have to overcome in order for the blue balls to disappear without ejaculation.
          Nature has already taken care of us. If there might be too much semen to cope with, your prostate will release some semen back into the body or you will have a wet dream. Thus you can't do yourself any harm. There is always a fine line between lust and pain. And it's very unique for any person. Furthermore it's a matter of age and experience. If you only take a look at people getting used more and more to tattoo needles or piercings, for one or the other the pain even might have become addictive.

Never forget, it's your way, you are going. And it's unique. Best vibes, have your personal fun and take care!

Comment

Always looking to experiment or try something new, maybe time to give semen retention a try. Just have to discuss that with my partner - we're both multi orgasmic, so I think he'll be okay with me trying since we can have sex lots still and be very enjoyable. (ejaculating already is just a way to officially end our sex, not that important).

With semen retention, what are the high level rules? Can I still have lots of aneros (or a-less sessions) and orgasms? Is it okay to stroke my cock and bring myself to the brink a few times, just not ejaculating? I have good control and pretty experience so not worried about accidentally ejaculating.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for your reply SOwithoutAneros !
              Last edited by JoeCrix84; 02-17-2017, 10:12 PM. Reason: Deleted quote

Comment

Originally posted by shockedwaves View Post
                Can I still have lots of aneros (or a-less sessions) and orgasms?
                A rookie question for you (or anyone who knows)... aless (or a-less), does that simply imply aneros-less sessions? Simple masturbation or kegels for pleasure without it inserted?

//cheers
                Last edited by JoeCrix84; 02-17-2017, 10:14 PM. Reason: Reduced length of quote

Comment

A rookie question for you (or anyone who knows)... aless (or a-less), does that simply imply aneros-less sessions? Simple masturbation or kegels for pleasure without it inserted?

//cheers
                  Yeah, exactly. It's basically (by my definition) enjoying multiple orgasms without the use of any toys inserted.

Comment

...I wonder if it's possible to combine aneros play with semen retention during a longer period or time?
                    Absolutely you can, in fact, frequent gentle use of these wonderful little massagers will most likely help alleviate some of the discomfort associated with the 'blue balls' syndrome. The reason being the prostate massage action can relax the prostate sufficiently to allow some of the fluid in the prostate to gentlly trickle out and down the urethra relieving the internal pressure there. It is this internal pressure which is the source of the referred pain in the testicles.
                    ...does the body 'need' to ejaculate after a few sessions?
                    Technically, no, the body does not 'need' to ejaculate though ejaculation is a totally natural phenomenon and can occur spontaneously (think wet dreams), many men live chaste lives with seemingly no problems. However, there have been studies which link general prostate health to regular ejaculations. Just what constitutes 'regular ejaculations' is open to considerable discussion.
                    I get blue balls very easily and my solution have always been to ejaculate to make it go away, but I'm wondering if there might be a threshold one have to overcome in order for the blue balls to disappear without ejaculation.
                    Urologists most frequently recommend ejaculations as a remedy for 'blue balls' syndrome because it is simple, safe and effective. However, for Aneros users, this has its drawbacks as ejaculations normally initate a hormonal casdcade which effectively diminishes one's arousal level and arousal is a key component leading to Super-O's (see Are you "aroused"?). I believe each man does have a kind of threshold for the onset of this syndrome but there are alternate ways of dealing with it.

1.) The oldest cliché "Take a cold shower...", works but it also effectively kills off the sexual arousal.
                    2.) Partaking in vigorous physical activity is a path for the mind and body to be distracted long enough for the symptoms of 'blue balls' to dissipate.
                    3.) The BDSM/Chastity communities employ forced prostate 'milking' techniques to completely drain the prostate without inducing orgasm (see Prostate Milking in the “Your Body” chapter of the Aneros WIKI.)
                    4.) Simple prostate massage, as mentioned above, can ease the discomfort without destroying the sexual arousal aspect. It actually enhances the arousal leading to greater pleasure, leading to more arousal and on into the orgasmic loop.

In the thread Aneros, Arousal & Abstinence I talk about temporal abstinence as a pathway to greater arousal but did note the problematic 'blue balls' syndrome. I would encourage you to take the 21 day challenge to make a breakthrough to a new level of personal understanding and body awareness.
                    From the Aneros WIKI 'Glossary' - "Aless (a.k.a. 'Anerosless', 'A-less' or simply '-less') is any session where you have any type of prostate orgasm(s) without an Aneros massager inserted." While mental thought alone may induce these mild orgasms, I believe most men probably induce them through flexing the same muscles they would employ if their Aneros were in situ.
                    Good Vibes to You !
                    Last edited by rumel; 02-16-2017, 09:10 PM. Reason: fixed broken link.
                    rumel

Comment

AwesomeSOwithoutAneros , thank you for all the information, I'll brew a cup of tea and read through the links you posted!

//cheers
                      Last edited by JoeCrix84; 02-17-2017, 10:16 PM. Reason: removed quote

Comment

JoeCrix84 I can vouch for the practice of SR. When I first embarked on the "21-Day Challenge" I could not make it past about a week. But through several starts-and-stops, I succeeded! I did blog about it fairly extensively too. As you embark on the quest, you will discover energy that you never knew you had! People (especially women!) will treat you differently and you will have an awareness of your sexuality that you never knew existed! Now regarding "blue balls"----your body will have to adapt to the new-found practice of SR. I discovered that to reach the end of the 21-Day Challenge, I needed to refrain from "edging" for the duration, That helped to relieve the "blue balls" and the need to ejaculate. Hang in there! Discover all the benefits SR will offer to you. You need not give up prostate pleasure via Aneros; in fact, while in SR, guys are encouraged to "milk" their prostate regularly. I do in about weekly intervals. Looking forward to reading about your SR adventure! Don't give up! This is something you can do!

Comment

So I'm going to give this a shot (I last came Monday so I guess I'm 3 days in already!). I've had lots of multiple orgasms, and am re wired, but I don't think ive ever successfully milked the prostate. Ive tried some massagers, fingers, dildos, etc. but all it does is get me to have orgasms, not anything like milking the cum out of me. So not sure it's even possible for me.

But another question - isn't milking the prostate going against the point / rules of Semen Retention? The point is to keep that in you, not milk it out. Thats what I thought.

Comment

Milking the prostate for me is not about quantity. What milking does for me is to relieve some of the pressure that ultimately would result in "blue balls" and it works. I know my "regular" precum production when I edge. "Milking" produces about 3-5 times that amount. Most guys practicing male chastity will have their prostates milked at regular intervals since their ejaculations are so infrequent.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenboy View Post
                              Milking the prostate for me is not about quantity. What milking does for me is to relieve some of the pressure that ultimately would result in "blue balls" and it works. I know my "regular" precum production when I edge. "Milking" produces about 3-5 times that amount. Most guys practicing male chastity will have their prostates milked at regular intervals since their ejaculations are so infrequent.
                              Ahhh, okay. When Ive tried milking the amount of pre cum does increase a noticeable amount. so maybe that is enough to keep blue balls away. If there's any specific docs, blog posts, or anything you'd recommend i read on semen retention, please let me know!!!
                              I'm on day 3 now, which isn't that big a deal (often can go 4-5 days without cumming just through my usual habits of edging and multiple dry orgasms without ejaculating), but sexual energy has been higher than normal this week. Had a great session last night and feel asleep without cumming. Going to be having sex later and plan not to cum (although will be tempting just to get off at the end and feel the release.... that's gonna be a real test of my will power.... physically i can do it no problem, just tempting to get off)

Comment

Working...
                              X