Just an observation

Notifications
Clear all

Just an observation

(@homermanorhouse1-com)
Honorable Member Customer
Topic starter  

Perhaps this is another big step in the super O journey? that seems to be how I progress is to be at a plateau for a time and then one session... Bam, something changed, the bar gets raised up a notch, then stay on that plateau for another length of time.
The jumps between plateaus seem to get further apart as the journey approches the two year aniversary.
Recently, I have gotten discouraged at my sessions as I have been on a certain plateau for some time.

Just today I had a realazation that I may have found a new level. I have read many posts from us wannabees that say the sensations are best shortly after inserting the aneros, a short lenght of time with much activity and then sadly to settle down to basically nothing. This is the stage I have been at for quite a while. While I thought the last few sessions were going nowhere as I didn't get that initial rush when first inserting the aneros, I came to realize that the p-waves were slower in coming but were much more intense and would last much longer. Taking a bit more active roll in the process works best for me with subtle in and out contractions.
It seems to me this is just like when you have your first sexual encounter with a female. Oh how quickly I came that first time (I won't embarress myself and go into details) but with experience comes longer and better feelings. So maybe those of us who get those great feelings right off the bat and experiencing a type of premature ejaculation?
I don't know if I could play down those initial sensations, holding out for better to come, but it is a thought...

(@woodsman)
Member Adventurer

thhn:
There are a lot of similarities in your description and what I am also going through here at the 3-month milepost of my own aneros journey. I am feeling as if I have hit a wall, with no noticeable progress during the last month. The big news the first month was just learning to recognize the subtle feeling of the prostate. The second month I felt I was making some headway in coaxing pleasure out of it. But I have not yet reached the point at which there are even any involuntary contractions – I can hardly imagine what they will feel like. And the third month has been much as you describe: very pleasant signals for the first few minutes after insertion, then fading to nothing. In my first posts I described some dry orgasms even before I knew about the aneros. Since then I have had a few more of these, all brought about with my wife’s patient help, but none as strong as that first one. With pain and with pleasure, the body has an ability to “get used to” stimulus signals, and the I think the challenge for slow responders like myself is to find a way to bypass that characteristic, as so many others on this board obviously have done.

I was out of town for a couple of weeks without the aneros; when I came back the first session felt like a real step forward, but there has been no progress since then. The best thing is that I am much more aware of my prostate now, and can get a nice mild buzz out of it nearly any time, either by contracting the anus a little, or by thought alone. The sight of an attractive young woman is a surefire way to trigger it. But again, it lacks the intensity of the experiences I related in my earlier posts.

This awareness and appreciation of the prostate I owe to this forum. A year ago I, like many other men, appreciated my prostate about as much as I did my gall bladder – it was just some organ that helped make semen, and other than that was more trouble than it was worth, since it so often kills us or at least has to be cut out leaving us impotent/incontinent. Now instead I am mystified by why it has this near mystical power to send men into unearthly realms of ecstasy. What evolutionary purpose could that have? It has little or nothing to do with reproduction.

But I digress. I am glad to hear you seem to have reached a new level, this gives me hope that with patience and persistence I will eventually get there too.

ReplyQuote
(@billy11)
Reputable Member Customer

Yes I am one of those who has a great start to a session but then it fades to nothing. I have been also thinking the same thing as you thhn. That this a great start to a session may be killing the rest of the session. It's like too much sensation right away and for some reason it dies out after that.
During the last couple of weeks I've been having some of my greatest sessions (I took quite some time off before that). For me during these last couple of weeks the P waves hit super strong pretty much directly after insertion and I'll have my first wave of Orgasm hit me within 10 to 30 seconds after insertion. The first Orgasm seems to last the longest, goes on for not really sure cause I don't keep track. I'd say maybe 3-5 minutes, then it will fade and another will hit anywhere between 10 to 30 seconds later. It seems like each set of Orgams are a bit different than each other which is very nice. But after about 5-10 cycles of these orgasms (they're not super O's just a mid range) which is about 20-25 minutes into the session, everything seems to just fade away. It's like I lose focus. I always get tired because I have my sessions just before bed. Then I have a hard time continuing with the session when nothing happens for 5-10 minutes. I'm amazed when I read posts where people are having these 3 hour sessions that are just non stop orgasms. It gives me much to look forward to if I could just stick with a session longer.

Before my recent break from the aneros, I tried what you posted. I would insert the aneros and mentally not let it take me over right away. As in I'd try to relax and let the sensations and pwaves build slowly. Problem with this for me was after about the normal 20/25 minutes all the sensations would just fade. So then when I tried to just have "normal" session and let the pleasure take me right off the bat, instead nothing would happen. I began having dud session after dud session and so that was one reason I took the break.
Plus I can't seem to get much out of any of the aneros models any more now except for the peridise. That one just rocks.

But in the past I've managed to actually leave the aneros in for more than 30 minutes and I was caught off guard once when after about 20 minutes of it sitting in there doing nothing it seemed, I was just hit out of nowhere with one of the most intense O's I've had from the aneros. So this seems to kinda confirm that patience and a longer session can lead to bigger O's.

I don't want to be a premature aneroser lol.
Ok end of rant.

ReplyQuote
(@billy11)
Reputable Member Customer

So last night after posting I tried a session in which I really focused on NOT letting the p-waves and mid range O's hit me right after insertion. I managed to do this but.... I then continued with a fully dud session. After about 15 minutes of relaxing a fending off the p-waves, I decided ok now it's time to let the p-waves have there way with me but by then just like how it often is 15 to 25 minutes into a session, It had grown very dull and feeling like I just had something stuck in my ass. I was patient and stayed with it for a good 45 minutes including light contractions (I normally doing no voluntary contractions cause this seems to always just kill it all for me) and finally after nothing I decided to quit.
So I think I'm not going to do that again. It seems kind of silly to try not to feel the good p-waves that are trying to come about. It's like I'm trying to deny them so they're like, "ok screw you we'll leave then" and then I'm like,"oh actually I'm ready for you to come back", but they've already called it a night,

ReplyQuote
(@helixbill)
Member Adventurer

I do better when I let my body tell me what it wants rather than telling it what to do. I try to just go with each session wherever it leads me.

Some sessions are just duds, not much feeling at all. If that happens I just figure my body is not up for a session and quit. If I try to force it nothing happens except I get frustrated.

One of the things I like about the Aneros is there are various models and I can switch out every couple of weeks and get slightly different sensations.

Once again, I will go back to what I have found that works, and that is to quit trying and let my body go where it wants to take me. Just relax and try to listen to my body is the best thing I can do. And sometimes my body says "Not tonight, I'm too tired (or not in the mood or whatever)".

ReplyQuote
 rook
(@rook)
Member Adventurer

The whole thread -- couldn't have said it better! I can almost check, "all of the above."

Tks guys---good to know I'm not alone on this.

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer

This also seems to be where I am at lately with my Aneros journey. It's difficult to make a regular practice of it when I don't even feel all that aroused. But most of my current sessions have either been duds from the start, or some light to moderate sensations initially, and then just dies off within ten to fifteen minutes. Trying to continue the session doesn't seem to make pleasurable sensations come back. Fortunately, I'm not terribly bummed about it. It just is what it is. I think though I find myself to be quite surprised to have completely dud sessions. As since I started getting pleasurable sensations in my Aneros journey, that has rarely happened. Oh well, it's all part of the journey right?

Love_is

ReplyQuote
(@woodsman)
Member Adventurer

I’m feeling better about it now knowing that it’s not that uncommon. The one positive aspect to this for me is that the regular stimulation of the prostate with the aneros seems to be keeping it in a state of alertness that otherwise might not happen. I think as we get older our genital equipment is wired to go into a kind of “standby mode” when it’s not actually being used. Lately I’ve gotten into the habit of inserting my helix daily and leaving it there for 2 or 3 hours, either in the morning when activities permit, or evening. I tell myself to ignore it’s presence for the most part, occasionally making a few mild contractions. I guess the idea is to condition my prostate into expecting the daily stimulation, but not asking it to give me anything it’s not yet ready to do. It really is beginning to feel as if the little guy is looking forward to the helix.

Interestingly, I have cut back on lube when doing this daily routine. Because it was time consuming, I stopped injecting lube before insertion. Instead I coat the aneros with shea butter, then cover it with a film of Probe. Of course much of this probably slides off as it goes in, but enough seems to remain that I have had no discomfort. It seems to be enough for the passive sessions I have been having.

Now that I recognize and understand the signal from my prostate, it’s fun to play with it in my mind. I visualize eavesdropping on a mysterious world of forbidden pleasures through a keyhole, and tell myself that with patience and persistence, the door will someday open.

ReplyQuote
 rook
(@rook)
Member Adventurer

Yup Woodsman -- I agree that absence does not make the prostate grow fonder.

I prefer the SGX for non-session 'wear.' Plenty of 'internal clearance' when one moves suddenly.

We had used the Helix during foreplay for a couple of months and are much happier after switching to the SGX during couples action. 🙂

Vegetable shortening makes a great lube as there's less "drooling."

ReplyQuote
(@homermanorhouse1-com)
Topic starter  

I will do the same thing but generally on a day when I have a early session and hope to continue later in the day. For me, I use the pereidse but have to keep up on the lube. some days, I will sit at the computer and get great sensations all day long, and other days it gets to a point where its just something stuck up my ass. I can sure feel when there is an absence of lube, and it will get down right uncomfortable.

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer

Hello Everyone, 🙂

I seem to have come out of my lull. And I'd like to share what seemed to be a big part of it. Basically in simple terms, the Progasm that I have been using almost exclusively for about eleven months has no longer been working for me. After quite a few dud sessions with it. I thought I was just in a lull. But it was the Aneros model that seemed to have been the issue. Now the Helix is my new favorite and is just downright amazing in the pleasure it dishes out! 😀

Basically what I learned, was about a month back I noticed that the Progasm didn't sit the way it used to inside of me. It used to be that the P-tab would sit on the part of the perineum that is like a bump that has bone underneath the tissue. This seems to be my pleasurable spot in that area. But then something changed, I don't know what, that now the Progasm always sits lower so the P-tab no longer sit on that bump, but is below it, closer to my anus where there is no bone beneath the tissue. This is not a very sensitive area apparently.

Now the Helix has a longer P-tab arm. So the P-tab sits right on the sensitive bump on my perineum. And wow!!! The Helix feels to me like a single finger curved upward gently tapping on my prostate, and I love it!!! 😀 The last time I tried my Progasm after having success with the Helix, my immediate impression after insertion was that it was too blunt of an instrument on my prostate. Meaning it is not gentle and subtle enough for where I am in this journey right now. So I'm sticking with the Helix for the time being.

Last night I had a two hour session that flew by in a blink of an eye! That hadn't happened in a long time! And when I was done, I was very invigorated, which being bed time was not good. Didn't get to sleep till 2:30am. 🙁 But... I noticed an extreme night and day difference in my sense of well being. When the session was done. I felt mentally really well and happy. It was that extreme to be so obvious. The pleasure was really nice, but I also loved how I felt about myself afterwards. And it has flowed into today also, even though I slept terribly and am stressed due to events going on in my life. But it's ok. I'm very much looking forward to my next session the day after tomorrow.

So perhaps for some people a physical change occurs that a different shaped model works better than another? Who knows, give it a try.

Love_is

ReplyQuote
(@calmer)
Member Adventurer

Hi Love-is

Thank you for your response. Next time I shall just try to concentrate on my breathing and not insert a device. However, that I think will be very difficult as these devices are taking over my life and I have one inserted whenever I can.

Do you think they are addictive?

How often do you use, every day like me or whenever the opportunity arises?

ReplyQuote
(@calmer)
Member Adventurer

Shoot

I responded above to the wrong thread 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@badger)
Prominent Member Customer

Good for you, Love_is. Right now, neither the Progasm nor the Helix are working for me. The Progasm feels like a large, hard turd in my butt, and makes me somewhat sore, and the P-tab on the Helix digs in too hard, and doesn't seem to contact anything inside. So my choice is: do I want an achy prostate and sore rectum, or an achy perineum? They also seem to disrupt my bowel movements instead of giving me more regularity, but right now, I'm on a high-dose antibiotics regimen, which makes my stools loose so I'm staying away from putting anything up my butt right now.

ReplyQuote
(@homermanorhouse1-com)
Topic starter  

Great to hear of your progress Love_is
I wish I could report the same.

Do you use only one model during a session and use only that model session after session? I generally use several models during my sessions, starting small (peridise or mgx) and working up to the progasm. I am still finding the progasm gives me the greatest pleasure but has never brought me to orgasm. the only one dry orgasm I ever had was with the mxg.
I have never had much luck with the helix although I give it plenty of opportunity. not sure why that is?

ReplyQuote
Share:
Skip to toolbar