*How much "handle/t...

Notifications
Clear all

*How much "handle/tail" did you cut off? (PICS) Poll is created on Apr 12, 2008

Poll results: *How much "handle/tail" did you cut off? (PICS)
Voter(s): 1
Poll is created on Apr 12, 2008
I cut off the Aneros tail similar to example A.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
I cut off the Aneros tail similar to example B.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
I cut off the Aneros tail similar to example C.  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
I cut off the Aneros tail similar to example D.  -  votes: 1 / 100%
100%
I cut off the Aneros tail in a different location (describe below).  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%

*How much "handle/tail" did you cut off? (PICS)

(@megabyteme)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

Before I start cutting on my $80 chunk of plastic I thought I would get some advice from you guys so I don't ruin it. Please tell me which of the following pics below demonstartes the best place to cut off the tail:

Example A:

Example B:

Example C:

Example D:

Please select A,B,C, or D. If you have something different please say, for example, "between C and D" to describe the proper location to cut off the tail.

(@buster)
Noble Member Customer

My vote would actually be right between "B" and "C". I like having just a little nub to assist on removal. "D" seems like it could gouge in if not handled properly. No need getting an abrasion at that spot!

ReplyQuote
(@old-wolf)
Member Adventurer

Helix per A, Eupho and MGX per D. Progasm uncut, just polished. Although I like the increased responsiveness & different angle of 'attack' of the 'A' Helix I also like the stabilising effect of a short handle along with the touch of the cropped 'D' handle near my tailbone. With the Eupho & MGX I reduced the length a bit at a time until the remainder was just short enough not to catch on the bottom sheet when flat on my back with my knees in the air. If you are big built &/or don't use this position this may not be an issue for you.

If you are certain that you want to cut off the handle I recommend going this route. Cut off the curly bit first, and see how you get on. Then progressively reduce the length if you are not getting the desired effect. Make sure you smooth off the stub after each successive trim. You may eventually end up with an 'A', but at least you will be reassured that that is want you want because you have tried all the intervening trims. I can't actually see a point in the 'C' however, and such a short stub could end up inside. Painful!

Have fun!

Old Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@hlaser99)
Prominent Member Customer

Hey ALL!

I did MGX and Helix as per sample "A". (using tin snips . . . could use heavy scissors???)

Then I made it smooth as glass with different grit nail files and then ultra fine sanding pads!

No gouging here!

Later, Hlaser99

ReplyQuote
(@megabyteme)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies/votes guys. Keep them coming.

I have decided to hold off on cutting off the tail for awhile. I'm still new at this. I want to make sure I know how the Aneros feels from the factory before I modify it.

Also, I have found that it seems like I can make the Aneros wiggle side to side by squeezing the tail with my butt cheeks and then sway/move side to side while on my back or reclining. It feels kinda good. I'm not sure I could do that with out the tail. Any comments on that?

ReplyQuote
(@hlaser99)

Hey megabyteme,

Good decision!

Mods like this one are "final" and should only be done as a last resort, if they are
not working for you at some point and you need a change!

Later, Hlaser99

ReplyQuote
(@rbtbstn)
New Member Customer

I have been in search of the elusive super O for 9 months now with the Maximus. I have been able to get close but not all the way. So in my continued search I cut the tail off the Maximus at the base. I then sanded with 220, 440, 440 wet and then the acrillyc nail brushes. Very similiar to the Mod's post. Now the Maximus gets a little deeper and has a better angle when I am on my stomach (my most effective posistion). Plus you can sit with it in and do some rocking! I polished it also and it is baby bottom smooth!

This has been a good mod and easy to do. I was very concerned at first but it was not hard. You cut as close as you can, with a plastic hacksaw blade, and sand the rest. Takes some time but I thought worth the effort. I still have not achieved but the tool is now more effective. Of course YMMV.

My advice though, if it is working, don't change.

ReplyQuote
(@megabyteme)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

Hey megabyteme,

Good decision!

Mods like this one are "final" and should only be done as a last resort, if they are
not working for you at some point and you need a change!

Later, Hlaser99

I'm sure I will eventually cut off the tail, but not until I am really comfortable using it with the tail.

I figure if I cut off the tail now I will constantly be asking myself, "Did it feel better WITH the tail?" If I wait awhile, I won't have any doubts. Then worst case scenario is buying a new one with full knowledge that I prefer the tail.

Thanks guys!

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer

Hey People,

I just cut off the handle/tail of both my MGX and Helix last night. And then shaped, rounded and smoothed the sharp corners off just a few minutes ago. I voted B for the Helix, as I was afraid of weakening the strength of the P-tab arm by taking too much material off. Although I did remove a little more material than the B picture shows, to make the cut more inline with the stem and rounded off the corners. The MGX has a flattened conical base, so that was much easier to cut near the base and then remove material to make it rounded like the rest of the base.

I cut off the handle/tails using the cutters in a large set of needle nose pliers. It took about two seconds each, and was surprisingly easy to cut. In hind site, it would probably have been a little more accurate of a cut with diagonal cutters. I then used my model 395 Dremel tool to remove material, shape it and polish it smooth. First I practiced on the cut off sections of handle/tail so I could perfect my technique with each attachment before doing it irreversibly on the MGX and Helix.

I used the course grit small drum sander attachment, with the speed setting between 4 and 6 to remove material and shape it. The difference in speeds being how quickly it removed material as it was applied. Then once it was shaped to my liking, I used the small felt wheel at a speed setting of 6 to polish it. I didn't think it would work, as the surface was pretty rough. But it smoothed it right out with only slightly more application than I had used to remove material with the drum sander. I even had to be a little careful as with too much pressure it was capable of removing too much material in addition to polishing smooth.

I'm quite happy with the results off my work. But have yet to try them since I used the Dremel. I did try them last night after I cut off the tails. But found the pinching feeling of the sharp corners into the sides of my butt cheeks to be too distracting. I don't think I'll have any reason to remove more material on the MGX, But depending on how the Helix performs and feels while in the sitting position, will dictate If I end up shaping it more like example A.

I didn't notice any difference in how both the MGX and Helix performed without the handle/tail. It's just that now I can use them either on my back or while sitting.

ReplyQuote
(@hlaser99)

Hey Love_is!

I used "A" and I feel that it tilts more than the other mods, as it ends-up
"a little" inside the anus! (Doesn't hurt or cause problems, either,
this way for me!)

I like it . . .

Later, Hlaser99

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer

Hi hlaser99,

I'm not sure it would do that for me. As the Helix P-tab usually hovers just over my perineum, or just barely touches it(In the wrong spot, way to high.) But if it works for you, great! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@phils)
Member Adventurer

I cut mine off like A. I used a wire cutter to snip off the handle and then rounded it some more on the heat of our electric stove burner. I did heat it too much at first, but quickly learned that the plastic will melt at relatively low temps.

Now it feels great, gives me more options of positions, and allows me to fall asleep with it inserted. I would not undo the alteration even if I could.

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer

After having used my Helix and MGX minus the handle/tail for over a month now. I find that had I known what it would be like, I would have preferred to have left them attached. I say this only because I don't like lying on my back as the sensations are not as intense. And sitting down does not work for me either, as my slender bottom does not keep the Aneros from being pushed in to deeply and being very uncomfortable.

The other things is that removing the Aneros is more difficult, as you have to grab it by the P-tab arm, or the base. And if you don't shave anywhere down there like me, you end up inadvertently grabbing some hairs between your fingers and the Aneros. This makes pulling it out a challenge. I usually have to go slow enough to allow the majority of the hairs to slip out from under my fingers. But inevitably, some hairs end up getting yanked out.

So there does not seem to have been any benefits for me to feel that this was a worthwhile modification.

Love is Peace

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer

I've just recently found a new problem with using my Helix minus the handle/tail. Only recently I've started experimenting more with the position of laying on my back, knees bent, legs spread, feet flat. And when thing get intense, in addition to involuntary anal contractions, I often get involuntary rectal contractions also, which pushes my Helix out some. The problem, is that when it gets pushed out a bit, my Helix often twists to the side making the P-tab off center by an inch or so. So I have to stop and put it back in place. Which is a distraction. I suspect having the handle/tail there would keep that from happening. But I don't really know. As I never used this position much when the handle/tail was still there. I do know, that this is not a problem in the laying on your side position.

Has anyone else have run into this problem?

Love_is

ReplyQuote
(@quetzalcoatl)
Active Member Customer

thanks for sharing your experience. I don't think i will modify mine.

ReplyQuote
(@slingshot)
New Member Customer

Just went with a modification between B and C, then rounded with an emory board. I can still cut more if needed. Wish me luck!

ReplyQuote
(@twisted-tiki)
New Member Customer

Any suggestions on the Progasm. The Progasm has done NOTHING for me. Im very dissappointed. Upon insertion and letting it settle in, I felt no pressure on anything.
After about 30 minutes of relaxing and contracting, all I got was a small bit of pre-cum and was too tired to continue contracting.

ReplyQuote
(@slingshot)
New Member Customer

The modification that I mentioned in my previous posting worked great. I wish I had cut the tail off the day I got it. I wouldn't say that I reached Super-O quite yet, but the steps I'm taking to get there now are huge in comparison. Very pleased with modification.

ReplyQuote
 rook
(@rook)
Member Adventurer

I used the "A" profile on an SGX.

Polishing the stem is important since it does get sucked up all the way plus a bit more. No point in getting "ripped a new one!" 😯 😳 😈

Maximus update (12/2010): Max is now at "B" profile and reaching "new heights" of pleasure -- thot I'd feel the nub but not yet. Compared to stock, balance is better, agility is improved, p-tab contact more positive and the rounded head has found a new home. Helix, Eupho and and he rest of the gang are not yet "de-tailed" (term courtesy of Voyager).

ReplyQuote
(@myturn)
Reputable Member Customer

I am worried that with Helix "A" - which is what I would go for if I had the tools - could lead the whole device being sucked in. These toys need a flared base. Removing the handle, means you are left with the ptab which could just end up inside.

ReplyQuote
(@coolzeroo)
Member Adventurer

My vote goes to Example D:... 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@breonyx)
Member Adventurer

Mine is like D (i cut it just before the bendy part) but i bent the stick downwards slightly (at the base of aneros) and put a 5/16" hobby bead over it (enlarged hole in bead). It rounds off the tip and makes it large enough so its sort of a self centering mechanism. Without the bead the stick gets jabby and annoying, not a pleasurable experience.

On the P tab i've sliced a larger maybe 1/2" hobby bead in half, glued to either side of the tab, makes for a nice wide and smooth button.

All in all i can use the thing right on a chair and the slight bend in the stick acts like a spring, its perfect.

Been using these mods for about 1.5 years now. I'd say its helix perfecto now.

There are issues with this, that i really cant find an adhesive that will last... Hot glue deteriorates, so does silicone, same with krazy glue. Nothing seems to adhere well to the aneros, which i guess is good? Im thinking of using a very hard wood and a pin/screw system.

When i can find the power supply for my scanner i'll make an image.

If i ever win the lottery, i'll try to bribe the aneros folks to rework my helix from ground up and gold plate it 🙂 🙂 :).

Never-the-less, the aneros helix is by far and away my favorite thing of all time. If i had to go to an island it would be with the aneros, food, water... lube or no lube... Hah!

And by the way, lube... Well, the best lube i've come acrosss now is CRISCO. Yep.

I developed an intolerance to all the fancy water based lubes, i was using so much of it.

A decent amount crisco is the best i've found so far. Its long lasting. The ingredients can't be disputed. Affordable. And to top it off its good for the skin. It is greasy, yes, but, you should have a blanket to 'play' on anyhow.

I don't bother with the hands free super-o thing. Its too, uhm, unreliable and uncontrollable... I go for direct penile stimulation then pull back to get the feedback loop started. I can coast for hours like this. My 'goal' is never to ejaculate, unless its 'planned'. I ejaculate bi monthly now, tried other frequencies and it seems to suit me best. Too much ejaculation, for me is draining, too little is stagnating.

Fun stuff.

Thanks again aneros inventor guy. U the man. I was into prostate stimulation before it but this is a stroke of genius. Have had mine for maybe 5 years now and have thousands of hours logged on it. I was into buddhist meditation before the aneros but it has propelled me in ways that are hard to describe... The ability to focus on things during the 'coasting' and afterwards, amazing, the glow lasts many days...

later

ReplyQuote
(@badger)

Both my Helix and Progasm are nicely smoothed, rounded and polished A's. The hard part was rounding off all signs of the wing on the base of the Progasm.

Word to the wise: avoid heating/bending either tab on the Progasm; it will bubble and split if not done very carefully, if at all. On second thought, don't try to heat it up at all.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Skip to toolbar