Best lube- Probe Th...

Notifications
Clear all

Best lube- Probe Thick & Rich Best price- Walgreens.com

Page 1 / 3

(@scorch)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

I don't know if there has been much discussion about the all natural lubricant: Probe.

See: http://www.davryan.com/index.html

I got some Probe Thick & Rich and this is great stuff! While water soluble, it does not rinse off easily like many other water based lubricants I've tried. Those other lubricants seem to thin out easily. But this stuff is more like slime!

In fact it actually has a very similar consistency to our body's natural lubricant. It actually creates a very slick "film". When it drips it draws out a "string" just like cum. And even creates a "web" between my fingers.

I found 17 ounce bottles at Walgreens.com for $13.99 and free shipping on orders over $50.
(Compare to cheaplubes.com at $15.95)

I bought 4 to qualify for the free shipping. When they arrived one of the bottles had leaked little bit due to a loose lid. And despite being old deposits on the bottle, it was so slippery I could hardly hold onto the bottle.

I think this stuff may have industrial applications!

Scorch }:>

Virg
(@virg)
Member Adventurer

I agree with Scorch...This stuff is great! For a water-based lube, it has been my favorite for a long time. I do not use it internally but for external use, it can not be beat!

ReplyQuote
(@scorch)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

Why not internally?

Their web site claims:
Probe is safe for vaginal, rectal, and oral use and is even harmless if swallowed.

And there are plenty of people taking Castile soap, Coffee, and various other fluids in their enema. . .

I do believe probe to be perfectly safe for internal pre-lube use.

ReplyQuote
(@tantricguy)
Active Member Customer

I too have been searching for a good lube. I have tried Pjur and liked it alot. It is a silicone lube. I have also tried Pink Water which is a water based glycerine free lube for women. The problem as I understand is that due to the fact that the intestinal walls are absorbant, water based lubes need to be reapplied often. Silicone I think is better but I am always worried about side effects.

I read the Probe website and my question is about the glycerine safety and also does the lube need to be reapplied?

ReplyQuote
(@hlaser99)
Prominent Member Customer

Hi ALL!

I have been testing the new Boy Butter H2O and it's very good for a water-based lube!

I now use this on my toys and still use my old oil-based favorite "Albolene" for anal or non-toy use!

The Boy Butter h2o dried too fast for me, but is the best thing for toys I have seen yet???

My 2 cents!

Hlaser99

ReplyQuote
 Virg
(@virg)
Member Adventurer

Hi Scorch...sorry for the slow reply...

"Why not internally? Their web site claims:
Probe is safe for vaginal, rectal, and oral use and is even harmless if swallowed."

As you said, the website "claims"... As much as we would like to believe that what is in print, it is not always true. There are LOTS of personal lubes out there and Probe wants to sell their products. Sex toys and related liquids, including lubes, are not REGULATED or TESTED by any governmental agency...none... Also, my efforts to find any testing on these types of liquids has been VERY limited to none...

Common sense, sometimes, is all we have to make decisions. Would you cook with Probe? Would you drink it? How about spreading it on your toast? Liquids in the rectum are absorbed directly into the bloodstream 8x faster than liquids that consummed and than digested...liquids in the rectum do not go through ANY of that "processing"...

Plus, there are issues that apply to Aneros users that do not apply to other types of sexual behavior. I did a thread called, "The REAL questions about lubes...in the Aneros world". If you read it, it may provide you with some food for thought...

I use coconut oil and you can find tons of info on the Web about it's use as food, and pros and cons about it's content of saturated fat. Even though, I do have some concerns (not as many as with water-based lubes) because how I am using it. It is fine if consumed and digested. I am not using it that way, hence, common sense tells me to keep this in mind and be open minded.

"And there are plenty of people taking Castile soap, Coffee, and various other fluids in their enema. . . "

Then use Castile soap, coffee, or whatever... None of these are water-based lubes that go through careful testing. Other stuff that are safe are meaningless. The issue is whether water-based lubes, in this case, Probe, are safe for PROLONGED periods of time, in relativily HIGH FREQUENCY of USE (for Aneros Addicts), and in realtivily LARGE AMOUNTS when it is injected into the rectum, which does not drain like the vagina can; which is the fastest route to the bloodstream, other than a needle in a vein...

"I do believe probe to be perfectly safe for internal pre-lube use."

And, I have to ask, what evidence supports your belief, besides the manufacturer's website?

Keep in mind that some cancer causing chemicals do not show any effect for decades...

Just my opinion.

I hope this is helpful and provides some food for thought...

Cheers

Virg

ReplyQuote
(@scorch)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

In distribution for 38 years.... I agree; read and learn for yourself starting here- http://www.davryan.com/pro_pharmacy.html

If you believe such things are important- The manufacturer does appear to be FDA licensed* to produce Probe as a class II medical device. And safety and efficacy documentation are available upon request.

And the ingredient breakdown and chemical testing here:
http://www.davryan.com/pro_tech_info.html

So set up your lab and confirm for yourself. 🙂

If you are that concerned about cancer? Then stop driving the car, using a cell phone, breathing polluted air, eating cooked foods and fluoride including fluoridated/chlorinated water. Or, for that matter, consuming ANY substance, including water, stored in plastic containers while transported on hot trucks...

Such in-your-face truth tends to ruffle some feathers but the fact is reducing or eliminating these other more serious toxins will certainly extend your life allot farther than worrying about vegetable based glycerin applied to the sewage system of your body.

On a side note: I found that a twist top glue bottle works quite well for dispensing a lube that has such a high surface tension it tends to be drawn right back into a typical squeeze bottle and even interferes with the proper function of the pump bottle.

Like I wrote before; I think this stuff has industrial applications!

Did you hear? People are now using citric acid to wash things! Imagine that!!

And, BTW, I am self governed. Don't need, or want, the privilege of government telling me what is best for my body.

*License= Permission granted to do something that would otherwise be illegal. (See Black's law dictionary) IE: (For those who believe such things): Waive their right to privacy for the privilege of a license (ask permission) to use their own private property (car) for their own private enterprise (travel).

ReplyQuote
 Virg
(@virg)
Member Adventurer

Good luck on the journey.

ReplyQuote
(@scorch)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

Good luck on the journey.

Thank you.

As I continue the journey; I have now tried Coconut oil.

It does have the interesting property of solidifying at or below room temperature. At first glance it appears to be a consistency similar to petroleum jelly but does rapidly revert back to an oil at body temperature which is disappointing to me.

While it's a pretty good oil it is also very aromatic and, including the need for re-application, still doesn't have the kind of properties I look for in a lube. And I believe just about any typical vegetable oil would be comparable, if not better, for less money.

So far; the best I have found is Probe thick & rich which is now back in stock at walgreens.com and is still $13.99 for the 17oz bottle.

BUT even probe is still NOT really what I want!

I want a natural lube that has the properties of petroleum jelly! Which is very thick and maintains it's slick consistency over time even with alot of movement of the aneros device.

Can your lube stand up to Scorch's challenge? - Smear some on a glass surface then see how easily you can clean the surface with a squeegee. If a plain rubber, dry, squeegee cleans it right off; then so does the action of the sphincter against the smooth surface of the aneros device!

Petroleum jelly is relatively safe but there are issues with impure refinement linked to certain cancers and is not good for internal use. And, of course, clean-up is a challenge.

Then we have this article about the toxins from plastic containers:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/16/business/worldbusiness/16plastic.html?ref=science
(See earlier discussion)

Does anybody know where I can get highly refined petroleum jelly in glass jars?

I did recently find something called: "Un-Petroleum Jelly" but have not yet tried it.

I did order some un-petroleum jelly from amazon.com and will update later.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

ReplyQuote
(@bonerowner)
Member Adventurer

Here is how to make a natural petroleum jelly alternative:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2190175_make-natural-petroleum-jelly-alternative.html

(note - I have not tried this myself, but I knew about it so I decided to pass it along here since it seemed to apply and thought it might be of interest)

ReplyQuote
 Virg
(@virg)
Member Adventurer

On the "Un-Petroleum Jelly" topic...

You may want to see what BF Mayfield in this thread...

http://www.aneros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1613&highlight=jelly

I thought I found an alternative also...

ReplyQuote
(@old-wolf)
Member Adventurer

For some time I have been using shea butter as my Aneros lubricant. 5ml of Probe Thick and Rich inside (previously KY, a big thankyou to Scorch for the heads up on Probe T&R) and a good coating of shea butter on the Aneros and I'm away. I prefer shea to coconut as it retains its thickness even at fairly high temperatures. It leaves my 'ring' all soft and sensitive too 😈

More re shea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shea_butter

Old Wolf

ReplyQuote
rumel
(@rumel)
Illustrious Member Customer

Scorch, et.al.

I share Virg’s concerns about the chemical constituents of the various lubrications we Aneros users have been injecting into our rectums for our play sessions. I was intrigued with the simplicity of the recipe bonerowner found for a natural petroleum jelly alternative and decided to mix up a batch according to the directions given. The result was a very firm waxy compound which I felt was far to stiff to be usable. So I experimented with changing the formula a bit and have gotten a very nice usable lubricant that doesn’t tend to dry out and may actually be good for you. Here’s the recipe and mix directions if anyone would care to try to make a batch yourself.

Updated recipe edited - Aug.14, 2015
Natural Jelly formula
1/4 tsp. shea butter (this is optional too, but it adds a certain creaminess to the mixture)
1 tsp. beeswax
3 tblsp. almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil (your choice)

Step 1.) Place all ingredients in the top of a double boiler setup, heat and stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
Step 2.) Remove the mix from heat and stir the ingredients constantly as your petroleum jelly alternative cools and thickens. While still slightly warm, scoop the jelly mixture into a dark glass jar and leave unsealed to cool completely.
Step 3.) Keep your Natural Jelly in a cool, dark place, or in your refrigerator. Use it as you would use commercial petroleum jelly.

You can adjust the viscosity of the mix by increasing/decreasing the oil proportions. The advantage of this mixture over natural oils alone is the increased viscosity due to the presence of the beeswax. The beeswax is the key to insuring good lubricity between you and your Aneros as it creates a micro thin film which holds well to the plastic. I’ve used this mix for my last couple of sessions and have found it to be a very satisfactory natural lubricant.

ReplyQuote
(@skeeter_g)
Estimable Member Customer

Hi rumel and old wolf,
I like both of your ideas for a lube, but not so sure of the beeswax.

Just for the heck of it I might try a combo of the 2 and have something very natural indeed.

1. I like the idea of the vitamin E (a little consistency to it).
2. the almond oil, (not like water, has some consistency and smells good). or coconut oil.
3. the shea butter (a thick buttery texture).

Mixing.... will.... I will have to try it, but probably does not need heat like the beeswax.

It cannot be more natural that that for a lube, and it should not be to hard to clean up.

I hope it works, lubes can get expensive. 😀

ReplyQuote
(@skeeter_g)

Hi All,
I went out this weekend and picked up some supplies and tried some new lube. I followed some of rumel's directions to achieve the results. I just was not sure about the beeswax.

I used 2 oz. shea butter... (came in 2 oz jar)
16 (400IU) vitamin E capsules
3/4 (6 oz) cup coconut oil...(Looked at almond oil, but they only had a quart bottle)

I only heated the shea butter in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until it was almost melted, then stirred the bowl until it totally melted. Once the shea butter melted, I added the coconut oil which needed to melt also... I just stirred it into the bowl, and then added the contents of the vitamin e capsules.

The ingredients do not need to be refrigerated according to the labels, so that is nice.. but the receipt is a bit thinner than I had hoped.. I have saved the new lube and will add some additional Shea butter for thickness. The lube only has a very slight smell from the shea butter, but nothing from the coconut oil.

I tried the new lube as it exists today for a good long session, and it worked very, very well. It was good and slippery, and did not dry out. (formula never became thicker after the melting process).
As I like my lube a bit thicker, I will add the extra shea butter this next week and see how that works out.

Thanks to rumel, old wolf, and bonerowner for the "all natural lube" idea.

ReplyQuote
rumel
(@rumel)

skeeter_g,

I am a little curious about your objection to use of the beeswax, can you expound on your concerns?
I know the beeswax is perfectly safe to eat and is digestible. It has been used in food stuffs for millennia and as an additive to various crèmes and ointments for centuries.
I believe it is the beeswax that adds the ‘body’ to the mix. The beeswax, almond oil, vitamin E mix is virtually odorless as well, which would not be true with the use of coconut oil or shea butter. The beeswax also tends to hold onto the Aneros plastic quite well so it doesn’t get squeegeed off during insertion.

Let us know if you are able to get your mix thickened by increasing the shea butter proportion, and thanks for adding another natural lubrication option for Aneros users.

Virg, it would seem this mixture resolves the laxative effect that BF Mayfield wrote about in his thread regarding the castor oil additive in the "Alba" product, and it also answers your concern for ingredient safety, as the three ingredients have been used internally and externally by humans for many years with no apparent reports of deleterious effects to my knowledge.
One other important attribute, this mixture does NOT have any trans fats (any hydrogenated oil is a trans fat) to be absorbed by the body and thus won't mess with the body's ability to regulate cholesterol.

ReplyQuote
(@darwin)
Member Adventurer

has anybody tried injecting regular old vegetable oil, like canola, etc?

would need to use a medicine dropper instead of a syringe, as the oil will dissolve the o-ring on the syringe.

darwin

ReplyQuote
(@skeeter_g)

Hi Rumel,
I truly dont have a problem with Beeswax at all. I just felt it may be a bit heavy, or have to much 'body' for me. However, your explanation of the properties and using it in conjunction with the Aneros sounds very good now!

I know a lot of folks on this web are always looking for a good lube, and many of them seem very concerned about long time use... I had noticed also that the posts on lube very greatly, some like thick, some like thin, some say it dries out to fast, etc. I am kind of in the middle on what I like, and want for a lube.

I think what you have formulated sounds great, but I thought to myself, what the heck, let me try another alternative to a natural lube and see how it comes out.

I have used Maximus in the past, and it is OK, but I am always willing to try something new, especially, something more natural to our bodies.

I have not had a chance to get the extra shea butter yet, but I will let you know as soon as I get it.
I will also try and give you more detail on the mixture, and how it seems to work with the Aneros.

ReplyQuote
(@quovadis)
Member Adventurer

Rumel,
While I realize your recipe generates many sessions' worth of lube, you are adding a very active vitamin to the mix. I'm not sure why it's necessary. The literature shows acute toxicity with 3,000IU of oral intake. I have no idea what the rectal uptake would be, as compared with GI, but if you're taking more than an average oral dose per rectum per session, it seems unnecessary.
QV

ReplyQuote
rumel
(@rumel)

Hi QuoVadis,

Welcome to the Forum,

You’ve asked a good question which prodded me to quickly do some math regarding my formula. 16 x 400 I.U. = 6400 I.U.’s
¾ cup (6 oz.) = 36 teaspoons. 6400/36 = 178 I.U.’s per teaspoonful. I am using about a teaspoonful per application, so I am getting a dose of less than one half of one vitamin E capsule. I believe this is well within tolerable limits, even given the potential more rapid absorption rate of the rectum. I think the presence of the binding of oils to the beeswax actually slows down the absorption although I have no scientific justification for that belief.
I think you could probably reduce or eliminate the vitamin E altogether if that is a concern for you. Like most things in life one needs to think about these issues before embarking on a course of action. At the dosages I am using in this mix, I am not concerned, but obviously if someone were to flood their rectum with one half of this mix it could be toxic.
Thanks for bringing this awareness to the attention of the rest of the Forum. I know I want to use my Aneros toys safely and I am fairly certain my brethren want the same.

ReplyQuote
(@bullseye)
New Member Customer

Scorch, et.al.

I share Virg’s concerns about the chemical constituents of the various lubrications we Aneros users have been injecting into our rectums for our play sessions. I was intrigued with the simplicity of the recipe bonerowner found for a natural petroleum jelly alternative and decided to mix up a batch according to the directions given. The result was a very firm waxy compound which I felt was far to stiff to be usable. So I experimented with changing the formula a bit and have gotten a very nice usable lubricant that doesn’t tend to dry out and may actually be good for you. Here’s the recipe and mix directions if anyone would care to try to make a batch yourself.

Natural Jelly formula

3 (400 IU) vitamin E capsules (Vitamin E has antioxidant properties which nourish and protect your skin, and it acts as a natural preservative to prolong the shelf life of your Natural Jelly)
1/4 tsp. shea butter (this is optional, but it adds a certain creaminess to the mixture)
1 tsp. beeswax
3 tblsp. almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil (your choice)

Step 1.) Place all ingredients in the top of a double boiler setup, heat and stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
Step 2.) Remove the mix from heat and stir the ingredients constantly as your petroleum jelly alternative cools and thickens. While still slightly warm, scoop the jelly mixture into a dark glass jar and leave unsealed to cool completely.
Step 3.) Keep your Natural Jelly in a cool, dark place, or in your refrigerator. Use it as you would use commercial petroleum jelly.

You can adjust the viscosity of the mix by increasing/decreasing the oil proportions. The advantage of this mixture over natural oils alone is the increased viscosity due to the presence of the beeswax. The beeswax is the key to insuring good lubricity between you and your Aneros as it creates a micro thin film which holds well to the plastic. I’ve used this mix for my last couple of sessions and have found it to be a very satisfactory natural lubricant.

Rumel,

New guy here.

Your recipe looks excellent. I have some questions about ingredients.

1) Does the almond oil have to be food-grade? Or is sweet almond oil found in cosmetic sections okay?

2) Where is a good source for beeswax? Does the beeswax have to bee food-grade? It seems sources of beeswax on the internet come at it from the perspective of candle-making. Is beeswax for candles okay? And for those in a pinch, are 100% beeswax candles (free of any additives) a possible source?

Again, your recipe looks awesome, so it would seem to make sense to use the finest and safest ingredients.

So, to the Community, what are the best grades and sources of sweet almond oil, and for beeswax?

Bullseye

ReplyQuote
rumel
(@rumel)

Hi Bullseye,

Welcome to the Forum,

In my opinion the beeswax and almond oil should be food grade quality, just to be as safe as possible. I fear beeswax used for candle making may have minor contaminants in it or unidentified chemical additives, likewise for cosmetic grade almond oil.
I purchased both my ingredients in the local health foods store that I trust for their quality products. The beeswax is simply pellets of washed, unrefined beeswax, suitable for foodstuffs. The oil I used is 100% expeller pressed naturally refined (for high heat) almond oil.

ReplyQuote
(@bullseye)
New Member Customer

Rumel,

Thanks for the great input.

So, with respect to your recipe, Vitamin E is easy to find, and I found food-grade almond oil at Whole Foods.

Unfortunately I am having a hard time finding edible or food-grade beeswax, both locally, and on the internet.

This is the best I've found: http://www.blossomland.com/fn3061.html

(They comment that the beeswax is edible.)

While the bar is only $10, shipping is $20!

Does your beeswax have a brand name that I might look up, or does anyone have sources for edible beeswax?

Thanks!

Bullseye

ReplyQuote
rumel
(@rumel)

Bullseye,

The internet site you found for the beeswax should work just fine, the blocks they are selling appear to be just the beeswax with no additives. As far as the price goes, it’s actually not too bad, at my local health food store the beeswax was sold at $24 per pound. The beeswax I bought did not have a brand name as it was being sold in loose bulk bins.
That one pound bar of beeswax is capable of creating several years worth of natural jelly lube so you will be getting your money's worth from the purchase and the beeswax should keep indefinitely as long as you protect it.

ReplyQuote
(@bullseye)
New Member Customer

Thanks Rumel, your points are well taken.

For those looking for edible almond oil, a good starting place is gourmet food stores in the cooking oil section.

For example, Whole Foods has 16oz edible almond oil for about $8.

ReplyQuote
(@skeeter_g)

Hi All,
I finally got the extra shea butter and added it to my natural lube. It did make it a bit thicker and a bit better to handle. The coconut oil and shea butter make a very nice thick spread.

Total ingredients used in the new receipt formula is:
3 oz. shea butter
16 (400IU, the common dosage size everywhere) vitamin E capsules
3/4 (6 oz) cup coconut oil.

All ingredients I purchased were from a local health food market, and are all totally natural.

I then went to a store we have all over Calif. called "Cost Plus", I know they have them in other states as well, as I remember going to one in DC.

Anyway, I purchased a small kind of jar/bottle that has a steel latched lid with a rubber o-ring for the seal, and the opening for it is very nice.
It must have been about a 10 oz jar as it held all the ingredients from my receipt (no markings on the jar).
Once the ingredients sets for a day it has a thick consistency and is very nice.

I tried my new receipt this AM with the Progasm, and had a rather incredible super-O session that lasted about 1 1/2 hours. I did not have to re-lube once, and at the end of the session, I was still well lubed. 😀

When I run out of this batch, I will probably try the receipt [color=blue]rumel has suggested.

ReplyQuote
(@scorch)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

Been using Un-Petrolem for at least a couple weeks now.

And I must say it's been the best solution for me! I am using it exclusively without any other lube for the Aneros. Works great, lasts for hours, no pre-lube needed and it keeps the anus healthy without worry of improperly refined petroleum jelly. And I ordered several more tubes. Just wish I could get it in glass jars.

I still love probe lube for other purposes including a silicone jack-off sleeve.

I do have some input regarding other commentary:

#1 The laxative effect of Glycerin and other ingredients - It has been my personal experience that the simple introduction of any object into the anus results in an increase of peristaltic action of the colon. It doesn't matter what the ingredients of your lube are; if there is something in the rectum, the colon remains "awake" and active. In fact I believe this is actually a selling point of the Peridise. In fact I have found that the use of the Peridise actually helps to keep me regular.

At least two decades before the introduction of the Peridise, I made my own custom butt plug designed to be used for extended periods of time. The First prototype was simply a piece of 1/4" vinyl tubing with a ball formed at each end made from hot melt glue. This was then refined to be a 1/4" hard plastic rod with acrylic balls at each end. Unfortunately, at the time, I never knew about prostate stimulation and it never occurred to me to add another ball further in...

I have been very happy with the effect of the Peridise and getting plenty of pleasure even with the smallest model.

I would have to say that size does matter! Would LOVE to see a version of the smallest Peridise that has a P-Tab with round ball end. Or a tiny progasm with both tabs.

My prostate was "awakened" by other models and with proper muscle tone and control; smaller is actually BETTER!

#2 Pre-lube- For awhile I did try injecting pr-lube but, with a good thick lube such as Vasaline or Un-Petroleum Jelly, I have found this just isn't necessary at all. I am getting plenty of movement and pleasure for hours without any need for the extra effort, expendables and clean-up for required for pre-lube.

Scorch.

}:>

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer

Hey People,

I just cooked up a batch of skeeter_g's all natural sex lube/jelly/gel(?). Which is a modification of Rumel's recipe which has beeswax in it. I used the following link to make the measurement conversions.
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/conversions.htm#c%20o%20n%20v%20e%20r%20s%20i%20o%20n%C2%A0%20c%20a%20l%20c%20u%20l%20a%20t%20o%20r

Ingredients and amounts:
5 Tablespoons US(2.5 fluid ounces US) Shea Butter
3/4 Cup (6 fluid ounces US) Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
16 - 400 IU capsules of Vitamin E

Notes on ingredients and amounts:
I found all the ingredients at my local health food store. The coconut oil and vitamin E was in the supplement section. And the shea butter was in the bodycare section. Thankfully they had some testers open of the shea butter. So I was able to look at the difference between the refined and unrefined shea butter. Although I should have, I didn't actually try the tester of unrefined shea butter. But I believe what you want for this recipe, which is what I bought, is the refined shea butter. Visually, they look different. The unrefined shea butter was a bright yellow color and looked to be somewhat granular in it's texture. Where as the refined shea butter has a thin white top layer, and the rest is a very pale yellow like the color of butter made from dairy, and it is very smooth. Make sure when you buy it that it has no other ingredients in it.
I bought a 7 fluid ounce US(207ml) jar of it for $10.00 USD. Skeeter_g says in his posts that this is the ingredient that he adjusts to make the lube thicker or thinner.

The extra virgin coconut oil was a 16 fluid ounce US(473ml) jar that cost me $16.00 USD. I think it is important to note, that from one of skeeter_g's comments earlier in this post. I believe he is using refined coconut oil, as he said it did not smell at all. Depending on how worried you are about what you put in your body, and the smell of the lube, you should consider finding extra virgin coconut oil. Because it is unrefined and unprocessed, meaning healthier for you. It still is completely smooth. But it smells obviously like coconut. The side of the jar reads that the coconut oil will liquify at temperatures above 76F. This implies to me that the viscosity of the lube might lessen in warmer temperatures. Thus requiring refrigeration if it becomes to thin.

The 400 IU 100 count vegetarian softgel capsule vitamin E I bought cost me a little over $18.00 USD. Pricier than the standard gelatin made capsule vitamin E. But that was my choice based on ethics, as gelatin is made from animal skin and bones. In hind site I should have bought the bottle of liquid vitamin E. But at the store I didn't know how I would convert the measurement of drops it was showing on the bottle into something more conventional. Fortunately, the measurement converter in the link above does convert from drops. So if you can get vitamin E in liquid form, it is a lot easier and less messy. And probably costs less than buying in capsules.

For my first time making it, it took me about 15 minutes total time. When I do it again, I'd be surprised if it takes me more than 5 or 10 minutes, now that I know what I am doing. It was ridiculously easy to make.

Much like skeeter_g did, I placed the shea butter in a medium glass bowl. Lightly covered it with a saucer and microwaved it for 30 seconds in a 1000 Watt microwave. It came out almost melted, so I just had to stir it until it was completely melted. Then I added the coconut oil, covered it with the saucer again and microwaved it for 30 seconds. Once again it was almost completely melted. So I just had to stir it again to melt it completely. Then I used a small sharp knife to partially cut off one end of the softgel capsules of vitamin E(one at a time), and squeezed the contents out into the bowl of shea butter and coconut oil. This was messy and a bit wasteful. Which is why I will buy liquid vitamin E next time. I stirred until it was completely combined and uniform. Then I poured it into a clear 16 fluid ounce US glass jar. And left it to cool and settle over night. It filled the jar about 2/3 of the way. So the recipe makes approximately 11 fluid ounces US.

As it stands now, it is cooling and settling. So I won't be able to either try it, or know what it's final viscosity is going to be until tomorrow. At the moment its viscosity is much like cooking oil. I sure hope it gets thicker. I did happen to get some on my fingers while I was pouring it in the jar. So I experimented by rubbing my fingers together. The first few seconds it just felt like normal cooking oil. Then it got really slippery like liquid sex lube you would buy at the store. Very encouraging assuming it solidifies enough to be somewhere between jelly and vasoline viscosity.

That's it. I'll post more when I've tried it.

ReplyQuote
(@skeeter_g)

Hi Love_is,
Good post and very detailed.

You will find that as the mixture cools and set for about a day, it will be completely different in viscosity. That is the one thing I had to find out the hard way, and added Shea butter before I really needed to 🙂

I think you will like it!! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer

Hi skeeter_g,

Thanks man! 🙂
I'm sure if I can get it to a viscosity that is practical to use, I will like it very much.

So here's a short update. I woke up this morning and the lube was still the same as it was the night before, about the viscosity and color of corn oil. I was rather surprised that it had not solidified. So put it in the refrigerator for about an hour and half. I just checked it, and it has now solidified and turned a very pale shade of yellow in color. Although rather hard. Much the same consistency as the shea butter was initially out of the jar.

I'm going to keep it out of the refrigerator and see if it softens up some as it comes back to room temperature. Crossing my fingers! I've never been a huge fan of coconut, but now if I use this stuff my butt is going to smell like it! 😆

A few questions...

Has anyone that has tried these natural lube recipes noticed any significant variance in viscosity depending on the ambient(room) temperature?

Also, would I be correct to assume that this lube would not be condom(latex?) safe because it is oil based?

Thanks. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Skip to toolbar