Clear all

Aneros Products Reviewed

Page 1 / 3

B Mayfield
(@b-mayfield)
Member Adventurer Registered
Topic starter  

ANEROS THE NEXT GENERATION - REVIEWED

The Next Generation Aneros’ signal a real departure in marketing, form and function. Up until now HIH (the manufacturer of Aneros) has introduced new models (for the western market) one at a time, normally with several years or more in-between. The reason for this is presumably that they were aiming at a one size fits all approach . For those who follow the forum regularly, one thing has become clear; there are certain anatomical variations in all of us that may govern one’s success with one unit or the other. That is, some have found success with the SGX or with the MGX Classic while others have found it with the New MGX.

Rather than making continued improvements on one design path, HIH has broken some new ground by introducing 3 new units all at the same time, 2 of which are geared to meeting more specific needs.

THE MAXIMUS

The Maximus is, as its name implies, the largest unit that has been brought to the western market. Originally dubbed the hammer by Aneros staffers, (for its ball peen hammer appearance), this product clearly out-sizes all the other models with respect to its girth (width/thickness). To give you a rough estimate, it’s probably on the order of about 15% larger at the head, than the MGX. The abutment tab and arm is of the same design as seen in the SGX and NEW MGX models (shorter and closer to the anus than in the MGX Classic). Looking at the base you’ll notice the absence of ribbing (to promote mobility). The overall concept behind this unit is clear; a model for those who were looking for a more filled up sensation.

So does it deliver? Yes indeed it does! No doubt about it, upon insertion one immediately has the sensation of something larger back there. As with all things individual perception on this will be different too. Aneros newbies and those new to anal play will most likely find the Maximus far too large for their purposes. While many anal vets might be saying, is that all there is? . In any event, one must remember that MOBILITY is an absolutely essential component of Aneros function. If the unit is unable to move freely in and out of the anus it will not work properly.

So if you’ve had your troubles accommodating the smaller MGX don’t bother with the Maximus (at least until you’ve opened up a bit). And if you’re an anal vet who’s really into expansion and such, again don’t waste your time…you’ll do better with a large dil or a plug.

So who’s going to benefit from Maximus? The Maximus is best suited for experienced / advanced Aneros users who are looking for a fuller sensation with their Aneros sessions. Such a user should have had previous experience with larger items or a certainly a fair amount of flexibility and the ability to relax easily.

Pros

Delivers a fuller sensation that makes for a really different Aneros experience. (When you come with this one and you begin to clamp down and spasm upon it, you’ll really notice the difference in size…it feels great!)

Cons

One sacrifices a certain amount of agility and focus with this unit. Owing to the disproportionate size of the body and dull rounded shape of the head, the balance seems just a little bit off (again the abutment tab and arm are of the same size as the smaller MGX). As a consequence, there is greater inertia with this unit than the others. So what’s the work-around? In a chance conversation with the Aneros’ inventor, I indicated my concerns and he alluded to the notion that this unit requires more intensive lubrication than the other models. After some experimentation I have found this definitely to be the case. To this task I went back to one of our oldest tricks, mixing oil and water for a really slippery (albeit messy) solution. It’s been terrific ever since.

Final impressions

Between the necessary lube job, the size, weight, and absence of ribs, your rear will get quite a work out trying to move and hold on to this unit. When all is said and done however, the Maximus is good for those who are into something different and into a bit larger fare. I don’t see this as your primary weapon of choice but it’s great to fill out your ARSE-ANAL ! 🙂

THE EUPHO

The Eupho is really at the other end of the spectrum from the Maximus, but more than that, it’s in a class by itself. First, it’s thinner than any of the other models (with the exception of the SGX) and it is far more contoured than anything else that they’ve ever produced. This thing is really impressive to look at, and seems to almost beckon you to insert it! Like the other Next Gen models it’s ribless, but also comes with a newly revamped abutment arm and tab (see http://www.aneros.com/nextgen.php ). The arm itself is much thinner and lighter in construction, while still being nicely balanced in relationship to the body. It’s my belief that this new arm design will make it much simpler to adjust, if it becomes necessary. Considering the problems that many users experienced with the older style abutment arm (and tab) this emerges as a major innovation in my book.

When road testing this model I was immediately taken with just how agile it is….it really moves… and it feels terrific! The numerous contours make for some excellent anal stimulation while the tip dances across your prostate. The thinner design allows for considerable play inside your rectum and I found myself doing a great deal of moving. I came up with two positions just for this model, (I’ll be covering this when I post to my site). I came so many times with this unit…..it’s a winner!

Pros

The Eupho is capable of producing some unique and absolutely delightful sensations as well as some very intense Super O’s. It’s thinner size (girth) combined with the ribless design makes for a very mobile device. Furthermore, it should be fairly easy for everyone to accommodate.

Cons

It possible that some might find that it delivers a little less intensity in the way that it engages the prostate. Consequently one has to work at it a little more to coax a Super O out of it. However, I found that the extra effort came naturally and in a way I felt myself driven to do it, almost as if the Eupho itself was egging me on. For these reasons I would have to say that one might consider this more of an advanced / experienced users model as well.

Final Impressions

Again, I’m intrigued with the way this thing looks (it has a form vaguely reminiscent of a female figure the same way the old coca cola bottles were). If you’re really into anal play to the point where you are collecting different massagers I’d say that the Eupho is an absolute must (I certainly wouldn’t be without it). One might consider it the Aneros connoisseur’s model. If you are a newbie I would advise getting started with one of the other models first (see my review on the Helix).

THE HELIX

At the risk of overstating it a bit, I would have to say that the Helix just might be the Aneros users very own Holy Grail! In general terms its unit similar in size to MGX. But the Helix is not a mere reworking of an old MGX (the way the New MGX was to the Classic), with a redesigned head, body and abutment tab it’s really a whole new unit from the ground up. Specifically, the Helix is slightly shorter, with a head that is wider and thicker than MGX. Overall the device has a more aggressive design with a prominent contour on its anterior surface (toward the prostate) that translates effectively into more intense and more focused prostate contact. Furthermore, they’ve contoured the unit in no less than 4 other areas so that from the moment that you insert the Helix, you know it something different. This one gets right down to business! Miraculously it does all of this without sacrificing any mobility either (owing in part to the ribless design).

The abutment arm and tab are identical to that of the Eupho with its slimmer more minimal design. The tab itself is smaller than that of the MGX so that it yields a more focused pressure (albeit over a smaller area). Surprisingly, even with the smaller surface area of the tab it appeared to anchor the unit as well or better than its predecessor.

From my very first trial with the Helix we were fast friends! For me, there was no learning curve or having to become accustomed to it. I inserted it and started having involuntaries within several minutes, shortly after…I was immersed in Super O’s.

Pros

The Helix is the best unit that HIH has designed since their introduction of the MGX Classic years ago. It’s my opinion that it’s an excellent choice for the advanced user and newbie alike. I anticipate that this unit may give those users who have been having difficulties crossing over that extra push they need.

Furthermore I won’t be surprised if the Helix supplants the MGX as the flagship model in the Aneros line.

Cons

Probably not for SGX users or for those who are having trouble accommodating the MGX already.

Final Impressions

If you’re only buying one Aneros massager….this is the one to get!

Conclusions

In reading this review one might get the impression that I’ve reduced all of this to the level of an old fairytale with …one too big, one too small and another just right. This would be a mistake however. There is a great deal to admire in all 3 of Next Generation models. You’ve just gotta know what you’re getting into! Hopefully this review will have helped you somewhat in that regard.

It’s clear that HIH took a great deal of time and made a creative leap here… and in my opinion it’s paid off big time. To be sure several of these models are more esoteric, but it just goes to show that the manufacturer is open to change and innovation. Well done HIH...keep it (and us) coming!

Cheers,

BF Mayfield

(@mathens)
Active Member Customer

Hey B. Mayfield,

Thanks for the reviews. I have been a MGX owner since summer '04 with great pleasure but rather stagnant progress towards the Super O in recent months. I had to take the plunge on the Helix without your input but it is doing well so far. The long sought after Super O is closer than it has been in quite a while. I will likely build my collection further and go for the Eupho soon as well. I look forward to the debut of the website.

Mathens

ReplyQuote
(@calibre)
Member Adventurer

Brian
Thank you for your excellent review. I am sure this review will help everbody to choose the stimulator to suit individual needs.
Your reviews and replys are adopted by most of us and have given us all excellent advise, again many thanks.

From a Prostate health point of view which stim would you recomend to choose?

ReplyQuote
(@guest)
Famed Member Customer

Wonder does it have asian market for the next 3 generation aneros ?

ReplyQuote
B Mayfield
(@b-mayfield)
Topic starter  

Arika,

I'm not sure that I understand the question. Are you asking if the NEXT GENERATION models are currently available in Asia? If so, I believe that Aneros ships internationally yes. There is also a Japanese site called the Pines Store that sells them under the name Enemagra.

BF Mayfield

ReplyQuote
B Mayfield
(@b-mayfield)
Topic starter  

Calibre,

Again, I would have to say that of the NEXT GEN line, the Helix would be the best from a health perspective. This model simply affords better prostate contact and frankly a more vigorous massage. However, if one was looking for a more subtle effect, the Eupho might also be considered.

Between the NEXT GEN and the older models it's hard to say for certain, but once again I'd probably give the edge to the Helix which comes through with more and better focused prostate contact.

Of course if one is very sensitive in this regard, (unaccustomed to anal insertion) one of the MGX's might be a better starting place.

BF Mayfield

ReplyQuote
(@calibre)
Member Adventurer

Originally Posted By: B Mayfield
Calibre,

Again, I would have to say that of the NEXT GEN line, the Helix would be the best from a health perspective. This model simply affords better prostate contact and frankly a more vigorous massage. However, if one was looking for a more subtle effect, the Eupho might also be considered.

Between the NEXT GEN and the older models it's hard to say for certain, but once again I'd probably give the edge to the Helix which comes through with more and better focused prostate contact.

Of course if one is very sensitive in this regard, (unaccustomed to anal insertion) one of the MGX's might be a better starting place.

BF Mayfield

Thank you Brian, using the MGX presently, perhaps moving to the Helix would be an advantage.

ReplyQuote
(@symonds)
New Member Customer

Totally in agreement with remarks about the best stimulation yet concerning the Helix. If you are with a female partner, you might get a suprise and come when you aren't expecting it. Very sexy for her.

ReplyQuote
(@fcotton)
Member Adventurer

Would you please elaborate on the albeit messy oil and water.
Thanks

ReplyQuote
B Mayfield
(@b-mayfield)
Topic starter  

fcotton,

I accomlished it with some albolene cream (that I just happened to have around since my early days of experimentation with various lubes) and KY Jelly. However, almost any oil based lube will work, i.e., ID Millenium, Eros, Vaseline etc. Please guys, don't get hung up on brands here..... it WON'T make the difference. What this is about is the principle that oil and water don't mix so don't over-think it . Just remember that all of the glycerine based lubes: KY, ID Glide, WET, Astroglide etc, are water based. The ones containing silicone or petrolatum or paraffin are oil based. Using oil and water based lubes in combination can afford a somewhat slicker action which the Maximus unit seems to require to operate satisfactorily.

As I said before, this kind of preparation is pretty messy and frankly I would NOT recommend it for use with any of the other Aneros models. It's just not necessary (particularly with the Eupho and the Helix which are better balanced and feature a ribless design).

I should say too that I was initially reluctant to even post my comments regarding this lubrication modification since WAY TOO MUCH HAS BEEN MADE OF LUBRICATION IN THE FORUM already (and yes, I'm guilty of having contributed to some of it years ago). The simple truth is, that for general purposes almost any water based lubricant will work (I prefer KY jelly myself, either alone or in combination with a thinner KY liquid for prelube), so decide on one, and then FORGET ABOUT IT! After that...it's time to explore with the Aneros.

Have fun.

BF Mayfield

ReplyQuote
 Pan
(@pan)
Reputable Member Customer

Hi Guys,

By request, I'm inserting (no pun intended) a recent post describing my first experiences with the Helix. Please feel free to comment or question.

Pan 🙂

posted: 2005-02-09 20:37:47

I just finished my first session with the Helix and the best word I can think of to describe my experience is: ASTOUNDING!

Although I've been happily using my Aneros Classic model for over 5 years now, the new Helix improved on the original design so much that for me, it feels almost custom made.

For one thing, the new Helix abutment tab is much closer to the base and hits my 'sweet spot' perfectly. Unlike the blade shape of the original design, it has a wider base, but with a much smaller surface area overall, which allows it to massage more deeply and yet more comfortably than my Classic model. It also stayed put for the entire 90 minute session. With my Aneros Classic, I would usually have to re-adjust the tab at least a couple times in a session. The Helix tab never slipped out of place, even after standing up, lying down, rolling over, walking, etc.

But what really blew me away was the new shape of the insertion piece. Right from the moment of insertion, I could feel it's more 'aggressive' design massaging my prostate. Normally with the Aneros Classic, I would begin by lying on my side and spending a good 15-20 minutes doing some warm-up exercises with deep breathing and sphincter control before moving on to the Super-O's. But with the Helix I was already starting to feel orgasmic within 5 minutes and felt compelled to skip the warm-ups entirely.

Even when I was just switching to a lying down position, I could feel the Helix working against my prostate. I was surprised at how every little movement of my hips, every deep breath, or even the slightest contraction of my anal sphincter produced such strong sensations of pleasure all within the first 10 minutes!

Normally with my Aneros Classic, I would expect a 'building' phase of at least 30-60 minutes before the really strong orgasms would start happening, and here I was having my first Super-O within 15 minutes, and I wasn't even trying yet!

From there, my session seemed to take on a "life of it's own." The orgasmic waves of pleasure were surfacing twice as fast and twice as powerful as what I normally would experience. What really struck me was how effortless and automatic the Super-O's were. They just kept coming and I didn't have to 'do' anything but hang on for the ride! The feeling of my prostate being pleasantly massaged was almost constant no matter what I did, or didn't do.

Another surprise was how mobile and responsive the Helix felt inside me. It seemed to need only the slightest contractions from my sphincter to produce huge results, and the orgasms themselves were somehow more easily influenced in this way. I felt I could actually change the 'pitch' of an orgasm even as it was happening by relaxing or contracting ever so slightly. I never felt this kind of control with my Aneros Classic.

Overall, I think I experienced perhaps 10 or more Super-O's in a 90 minute session, which isn't a personal record in terms of number, but definitely in terms of TIME. They all just happened so fast, and the funny thing is I only started my session with the intention of 'getting a feel for it.' I had planned on saving the Super-O's for another day. But something about this design works so well for me, that I felt I had little choice other than to let it have it's way with me. With the Aneros Classic, I always felt like I was meeting a partner half-way to achieve the Super-O's, but the Helix felt like being carried to orgasm over and over.

Basically, the Helix is everything I always wanted the Aneros Classic to be (and I was pretty darn happy with the Classic already). In the first 20 minutes I knew the Helix was my new favorite. I honestly thought after 5 years I'd seen it all in terms of what the Aneros could do for me, but the Helix proved me wrong, very, very wrong. I can't wait to see where else this thing takes me.

In conclusion, if you're one of the many newbies who has an MGX or SGX and find it pleasurable but can't seem to get 'over the edge' to the Super-O, I highly recommend the Helix. I find the prostatic sensations of the Helix are so much more powerful than my Classic model, that it would almost be difficult NOT to have multiple orgasms.

Cheers,

Pan 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@guest)
Famed Member Customer

Originally Posted By: Pan
Hi Guys,

By request, I'm inserting (no pun intended) a recent post describing my first experiences with the Helix. Please feel free to comment or question.

Pan 🙂

I just finished my first session with the Helix and the best word I can think of to describe my experience is: ASTOUNDING!

Although I've been happily using my Aneros Classic model for over 5 years now, the new Helix improved on the original design so much that for me, it feels almost custom made.

For one thing, the new Helix abutment tab is much closer to the base and hits my 'sweet spot' perfectly. Unlike the blade shape of the original design, it has a wider base, but with a much smaller surface area overall, which allows it to massage more deeply and yet more comfortably than my Classic model. It also stayed put for the entire 90 minute session. With my Aneros Classic, I would usually have to re-adjust the tab at least a couple times in a session. The Helix tab never slipped out of place, even after standing up, lying down, rolling over, walking, etc.

But what really blew me away was the new shape of the insertion piece. Right from the moment of insertion, I could feel it's more 'aggressive' design massaging my prostate. Normally with the Aneros Classic, I would begin by lying on my side and spending a good 15-20 minutes doing some warm-up exercises with deep breathing and sphincter control before moving on to the Super-O's. But with the Helix I was already starting to feel orgasmic within 5 minutes and felt compelled to skip the warm-ups entirely.

Even when I was just switching to a lying down position, I could feel the Helix working against my prostate. I was surprised at how every little movement of my hips, every deep breath, or even the slightest contraction of my anal sphincter produced such strong sensations of pleasure all within the first 10 minutes!

Normally with my Aneros Classic, I would expect a 'building' phase of at least 30-60 minutes before the really strong orgasms would start happening, and here I was having my first Super-O within 15 minutes, and I wasn't even trying yet!

From there, my session seemed to take on a "life of it's own." The orgasmic waves of pleasure were surfacing twice as fast and twice as powerful as what I normally would experience. What really struck me was how effortless and automatic the Super-O's were. They just kept coming and I didn't have to 'do' anything but hang on for the ride! The feeling of my prostate being pleasantly massaged was almost constant no matter what I did, or didn't do.

Another surprise was how mobile and responsive the Helix felt inside me. It seemed to need only the slightest contractions from my sphincter to produce huge results, and the orgasms themselves were somehow more easily influenced in this way. I felt I could actually change the 'pitch' of an orgasm even as it was happening by relaxing or contracting ever so slightly. I never felt this kind of control with my Aneros Classic.

Overall, I think I experienced perhaps 10 or more Super-O's in a 90 minute session, which isn't a personal record in terms of number, but definitely in terms of TIME. They all just happened so fast, and the funny thing is I only started my session with the intention of 'getting a feel for it.' I had planned on saving the Super-O's for another day. But something about this design works so well for me, that I felt I had little choice other than to let it have it's way with me. With the Aneros Classic, I always felt like I was meeting a partner half-way to achieve the Super-O's, but the Helix felt like being carried to orgasm over and over.

Basically, the Helix is everything I always wanted the Aneros Classic to be (and I was pretty darn happy with the Classic already). In the first 20 minutes I knew the Helix was my new favorite. I honestly thought after 5 years I'd seen it all in terms of what the Aneros could do for me, but the Helix proved me wrong, very, very wrong. I can't wait to see where else this thing takes me.

In conclusion, if you're one of the many newbies who has an MGX or SGX and find it pleasurable but can't seem to get 'over the edge' to the Super-O, I highly recommend the Helix. I find the prostatic sensations of the Helix are so much more powerful than my Classic model, that it would almost be difficult NOT to have multiple orgasms.

Cheers,

Pan 🙂

Hi All,

I would just like to post some initial observations about the Helix.
First of all I would like to say that previously I have used the MGX for the last 6 months and have had many wonderful sessions with it. Including, what I describe as long lasting and sustained orgasmic peaks lasting minutes and sometimes several minutes at a time, and this lasts as long as I want.

I have been using the Helix for about two weeks, so keep in mind that these observations are quite fresh and I will try to keep them in comparison to my experience with the MGX. My first session with the Helix was after a day at work and I just wanted to get a taste of how it was going to feel, not really wanting to have a long experience. To my surprise the Helix worked much faster in bringing me those pleasure waves that typically took 10 to 15 minutes with the MGX. After that first experience with the Helix I have noticed that the sessions still have a quicker initial buzz, but have not yeilded the long sustained waves that I had previously experienced with the MGX. Some on this forum have suggested that playing with techniques and positions have enhanced their experiences with the MGX and that is where I feel I should go next with the Helix, I have read many times on this forum about how some feel they can't wait to get the Helix, butt (pun intended) I am here to say to those, be patient with your MGX as well, because I feel their is a learning curve to both products and every "body" is made and reacts differently as well as energy levels and mental preparedness all seem to factor into your overall experience.

Best, Mark

ReplyQuote
(@scott)
New Member Customer

Thanks BF Mayfield for the review...

It was most helpful in making my choice of which unit I wanted to try. I chose the Helix... I am not exactly new to anal play, in fact, my wife loves strap on play... But I was very unsure if I wanted the Max, due to the additional size or just which version to choose.

Your review made the choice easy and I can always add another Aneros later! 🙂

I am really looking forward to this new experence. Perhaps, I should have spent more for the shipping, so I could have received my order sooner.

Scott

ReplyQuote
(@ronaldosf1984)
Member Adventurer

At b. mayfield's request i'm reposting my original article on this subject in this thread---Max

A Comparison of Four Aneros Models

I've been using the Aneros for several years now, so when the Next Gen models were introduced, I just had to try them. Currently, I have four different Aneros' (or is that Aneri?), the Classic, SGX, Helix, and Eupho, and I thought I'd share my experiences with them with you, the members of this forum. One thing that should be evident reading the posts here is that everybody is different. Different techniques and methods produce different results for different people. Keeping that in mind, it might be helpful to let you know a little bit of background about myself as it pertains here. I'm in my middle 50's, hetero, married 30 years, 6'2 185 pounds. Up until discovering the Aneros web site about three years ago, my experience with anal play and prostate stimulation was quite limited. If I had to put a number on it, probably less than ten encounters, all solo. This paucity of experience was not due to a lack of interest, insomuch as a lack of results. So when I stumbled upon the Aneros site those years ago, I was very encouraged. Here was a device that claimed a new sensual experience, with easy to follow by-the-numbers instructions. There was no forum then, so I read, and re-read the testimonials and instructions, and ordered the Aneros that day.

The Classic
The model I received is now referred to as the Classic. Its closest counterpart today would be the MGX. My first experience was quite uneventful: I felt next to nothing and wasn't able to get the thing to move at all-- even with the strongest contractions and copious amounts lube. I wasn't discouraged, though. The experience was not at all unpleasant, being on the good side of neutral, and there was some fluid leakage so I knew at least it was hitting the prostate, even though I couldn't feel it. Also I had read somewhere that the prostate needs to be awakened to sensation in some people, and I figured given my age and lack of experience, that it was likely that I was one of those people.

This is probably a good place to make a comment about lube. As I said, even the predessor to this Forum was not in existance yet, so everything I learned about using the Aneros was pretty much through self discovery, and that included the lube. In my futile attempt to get the Aneros to move in those initial encounters, I tried many different things. Although I tried them, I don't recommend non-water soluble lubes such as Vaseline, Albolene, and silcone. Not only are they messy and stain clothing, sheets and towels, but I don't think that coating the inside of rectum with grease is a good thing to do. You might know that when medicine can't be delivered to a patient orally, it is administered anally because it is readily absorbed by the anus into the bloodstream. Frankly, I don't want silicone in my blood stream. Of the water based lubes, K-Y Jelly is in readily available and inexpensive, but dries out quickly, and worse, becomes sticky as it drys. So, I would recommend a water soluable gel made for sex such as ID, AstroGlide, etc. Currently I use Adam & Eve Gel from adameve.com. Even though it's a house brand, it works as good as or better than the name brands I've tried- at least it does for me. It stays slippery a long time and doesn't become sticky as it drys.

But I digress. After some practice, and discovering the right lube, I was able to get some motion with the Classic. I found that I had to push out as well as pull in when on my side. Later, I discovered that a kneeling position worked well for me as it let gravity take care of the outward motion. Although each Aneros encounter felt better than the last, I still wasn't experiencing anything like what was described in the testamonials, but I did discover the Aneros fundamentals of Relax, Relax, Relax, focus on the sensations, not the goal, and that applying the usual sexual techniques of faster/harder just don't work. It took about two months before I had what I consider my break through. I hadn't entirely given up on the more is better idea yet, so I decided that I was going to devote an entire day to the Aneros and keep at it until something happened. After about two and half hours of contractions in various positions, my prostate became sensitized and the heart palpatations and body spasms began. That convinced me that there really was something to this thing.

As I became more familiar with Classic, I realized that it had some short comings for me. Most serious was the lack of contact with perineum tab. Even with a full contraction, the tab was just barely making contact. I finally got the courage up to take a heat gun to it and bend the tab forward. Make no mistake, this is not an easy adjustment to make. Go just slightly too far, and it won't stay in. Heat it too much and you'll wind up with glob of plastic. After a good deal of trial and error I was able to get the tab in a better position for me, but there is still no contact with perineum when fully relaxed. I noticed too that when fully contracted, the Classic was going beyond the most sensitive area of my prostate, and that a shorter model might work better for me. I also found that I got the most pleasure from the Classic when I applied a very slight upward pressure on the handle, no more than that required to stabilize it, as that brought the Classic into closer contact with my prostate.

One other point before I move on. I find that my prostate becomes desensitized if I don't use the Aneros for several weeks, and that as a consequence, the warm-up part of the session takes a greater amount of time. To prepare, I sometimes will wear the Aneros under clothing around the house for an hour or so to sort of jump start things the day of an Aneros session. I find wearing the Classic uncomfortable, bordering on painful at times, so I wouldn't recommend it for that purpose.

The SGX
As I said, the Classic was reaching a little too far when fully contracted, so when the SGX came out, I bought one. Sure enough, it did a better job of stimulating my sensitive spots when contracting, and had the benefit of a firmer perenium tab contact. In addition, as it is not only shorter, but thinner than the Classic, it moves with greater freedom and less lube. Of course with the good comes the not so good. Although the shorter SGX hits the right areas for me and moves more freely, its shorter length limits the amount of motion obtainable and makes it more likely to pop out at inopportune times. Also, its smaller size makes it less physically aggressive than the Classic, and there are times when you might prefer a little greater aggression than the SGX offers. 'Wearability' is better than the Classic, but again, its size makes it more likely to pop out. Like the Classic, I find I get better prostate contact if I apply a very slight upward pressure on the handle. Despite its smaller size, I've had some of my most intense pleasures with the SGX.

The Helix
When I saw the first picture of the Helix, I knew I had to have one. I could tell by its shape that it was going to be hitting the right spots. In fact, as others have noted, it seems to go right to them. At its widest the Helix is as wide as the Maximus model, but unlike the Maximus it tapers more rapidly and appears to be blunter. There is no problem maintaining contact with prostate with this model. I have fluid leakage immediately upon initial insertion. No need to pull up on the handle either. The larger diameter of the Helix does take more lube and effort to get it moving than either the Classic or the SGX, but its unique shape provides a very pleasant sensation similar to that of finger being curled around your prostate once it gets going. The perineum tab is of a different design than that of the Classic and SGX, and its smaller diameter makes deeper contact. Firm perineum contact remains a problem for me when relaxed and I think a little forward adjustment of the tab would be an improvemnt for me, but I'm as of yet reluctant to resort to the heat gun. Despite its larger size, I actually find the Helix less aggressive than the Classic which I attribute to its greater contact area. I've not worn the Helix for any length of time, but from the little experience I've had, it appears to be more comfortable than the Classic.

The Eupho
So many toys, so little time. I've not had a great deal of experience with the Eupho as of yet. I've been having too much fun with the Helix, but here is what I can tell you. The Eupho is the longest and thinnest of the line, and has the same tab design as the Helix. I find however that the tab on the Eupho seems to make better contact on me than the Helix. Because of its smaller diameter, the Eupho is able to move from side to side a bit as it moves in and out, adding yet another sensation. The bulbous tip of the Eupho is smaller in diameter than the bump in its middle. For me, this bump hits the prostate perfectly when at rest, so like the Helix, it finds the prostate with ease. Pushing out a little causes the prostate to be embraced between the bump and tip - in effect squeezing it from both top and bottom. Also like the Helix, the Eupho doesn't require me to apply any upward pressure on the handle to improve contact. I was prepared to say that my initial impression of the Eupho was that it was less effective than my other models, but then last night, I had a very intense and pleasurable session with Eupho, so much so, that I've changed my mind regarding its effectiveness. In terms of aggressivness, the Eupho is perhaps the mildest of all. I've not worn the Eupho yet, but I expect that due to its thinness, length, and gentle angle, it might be well suited for this purpose.

The Models Not Purchased
As noted earlier I do not own either the MGX, or my namesake model, the Maximus and, at this time, have no plans to purchase either of them. That shouldn't discourage you, however. As far as the MGX is concerned, it is similar enough to my modified Classic to not make me curious about it. By-in-large, the comments I made about the Classic should apply to the MGX with exception of those regarding the perineum tab whose design is said to be an improvement over the Classic. If size was my game, then Maximus would be in my collection, but it isn't and I suspect that I'd have a difficult time getting any freedom of motion with it.

Summary
Each of my Aneri have distinct advantages and disadvantages, and which one I choose to use depends a lot on my mood. Honestly, I'm glad to have the luxury of choice in this regard. My recommendation to someone contemplating their first Aneros purchase would be the Helix, with the caveat that it ties the Maximus in its maximum diameter. For the complete anal novice, or someone looking for something not quite so large, the MGX or Classic might be preferable. The SGX and Eupho will do the trick, but may be a bit too subtle for someone just starting out. For those who are into size, the Maximus is the obvious choice. My recommendation though would be to consider the SGX, Eupho, and Maximus as second models for those with previous Aneros experience looking for a little variety. Of course, only you know what's right for you, and I hope the information I've provided here will be an aid in your decision.

Max

ReplyQuote
(@michealj)
Active Member Customer

Sorry guys for taking so long on this, but I had originally wanted to post here and to my own web site at the same time. As it’s been taking a little bit longer than anticipated for development and implementation of the site, I figured I’d start with a condensed version here and offer the more in depth version once I’m on line.

The Next Generation Aneros’ signal a real departure in marketing, form and function. Up until now HIH (the manufacturer of Aneros) has introduced new models (for the western market) one at a time, normally with several years or more in-between. The reason for this is presumably that they were aiming at a one size fits all approach . For those who follow the forum regularly, one thing has become clear; there are certain anatomical variations in all of us that may govern one’s success with one unit or the other. That is, some have found success with the SGX or with the MGX Classic while others have found it with the New MGX.

Rather than making continued improvements on one design path, HIH has broken some new ground by introducing 3 new units all at the same time, 2 of which are geared to meeting more specific needs.

THE MAXIMUS

The Maximus is, as its name implies, the largest unit that has been brought to the western market. Originally dubbed the hammer by Aneros staffers, (for its ball peen hammer appearance), this product clearly out-sizes all the other models with respect to its girth (width/thickness). To give you a rough estimate, it’s probably on the order of about 15% larger at the head, than the MGX. The abutment tab and arm is of the same design as seen in the SGX and NEW MGX models (shorter and closer to the anus than in the MGX Classic). Looking at the base you’ll notice the absence of ribbing (to promote mobility). The overall concept behind this unit is clear; a model for those who were looking for a more filled up sensation.

So does it deliver? Yes indeed it does! No doubt about it, upon insertion one immediately has the sensation of something larger back there. As with all things individual perception on this will be different too. Aneros newbies and those new to anal play will most likely find the Maximus far too large for their purposes. While many anal vets might be saying, is that all there is? . In any event, one must remember that MOBILITY is an absolutely essential component of Aneros function. If the unit is unable to move freely in and out of the anus it will not work properly.

So if you’ve had your troubles accommodating the smaller MGX don’t bother with the Maximus (at least until you’ve opened up a bit). And if you’re an anal vet who’s really into expansion and such, again don’t waste your time…you’ll do better with a large dil or a plug.

So who’s going to benefit from Maximus? The Maximus is best suited for experienced / advanced Aneros users who are looking for a fuller sensation with their Aneros sessions. Such a user should have had previous experience with larger items or a certainly a fair amount of flexibility and the ability to relax easily.

Pros

Delivers a fuller sensation that makes for a really different Aneros experience. (When you come with this one and you begin to clamp down and spasm upon it, you’ll really notice the difference in size…it feels great!)

Cons

One sacrifices a certain amount of agility and focus with this unit. Owing to the disproportionate size of the body and dull rounded shape of the head, the balance seems just a little bit off (again the abutment tab and arm are of the same size as the smaller MGX). As a consequence, there is greater inertia with this unit than the others. So what’s the work-around? In a chance conversation with the Aneros’ inventor, I indicated my concerns and he alluded to the notion that this unit requires more intensive lubrication than the other models. After some experimentation I have found this definitely to be the case. To this task I went back to one of our oldest tricks, mixing oil and water for a really slippery (albeit messy) solution. It’s been terrific ever since.

Final impressions

Between the necessary lube job, the size, weight, and absence of ribs, your rear will get quite a work out trying to move and hold on to this unit. When all is said and done however, the Maximus is good for those who are into something different and into a bit larger fare. I don’t see this as your primary weapon of choice but it’s great to fill out your ARSE-ANAL ! 🙂

THE EUPHO

The Eupho is really at the other end of the spectrum from the Maximus, but more than that, it’s in a class by itself. First, it’s thinner than any of the other models (with the exception of the SGX) and it is far more contoured than anything else that they’ve ever produced. This thing is really impressive to look at, and seems to almost beckon you to insert it! Like the other Next Gen models it’s ribless, but also comes with a newly revamped abutment arm and tab (see http://www.aneros.com/nextgen.php ). The arm itself is much thinner and lighter in construction, while still being nicely balanced in relationship to the body. It’s my belief that this new arm design will make it much simpler to adjust, if it becomes necessary. Considering the problems that many users experienced with the older style abutment arm (and tab) this emerges as a major innovation in my book.

When road testing this model I was immediately taken with just how agile it is….it really moves… and it feels terrific! The numerous contours make for some excellent anal stimulation while the tip dances across your prostate. The thinner design allows for considerable play inside your rectum and I found myself doing a great deal of moving. I came up with two positions just for this model, (I’ll be covering this when I post to my site). I came so many times with this unit…..it’s a winner!

Pros

The Eupho is capable of producing some unique and absolutely delightful sensations as well as some very intense Super O’s. It’s thinner size (girth) combined with the ribless design makes for a very mobile device. Furthermore, it should be fairly easy for everyone to accommodate.

Cons

It possible that some might find that it delivers a little less intensity in the way that it engages the prostate. Consequently one has to work at it a little more to coax a Super O out of it. However, I found that the extra effort came naturally and in a way I felt myself driven to do it, almost as if the Eupho itself was egging me on. For these reasons I would have to say that one might consider this more of an advanced / experienced users model as well.

Final Impressions

Again, I’m intrigued with the way this thing looks (it has a form vaguely reminiscent of a female figure the same way the old coca cola bottles were). If you’re really into anal play to the point where you are collecting different massagers I’d say that the Eupho is an absolute must (I certainly wouldn’t be without it). One might consider it the Aneros connoisseur’s model. If you are a newbie I would advise getting started with one of the other models first (see my review on the Helix).

THE HELIX

At the risk of overstating it a bit, I would have to say that the Helix just might be the Aneros users very own Holy Grail! In general terms its unit similar in size to MGX. But the Helix is not a mere reworking of an old MGX (the way the New MGX was to the Classic), with a redesigned head, body and abutment tab it’s really a whole new unit from the ground up. Specifically, the Helix is slightly shorter, with a head that is wider and thicker than MGX. Overall the device has a more aggressive design with a prominent contour on its anterior surface (toward the prostate) that translates effectively into more intense and more focused prostate contact. Furthermore, they’ve contoured the unit in no less than 4 other areas so that from the moment that you insert the Helix, you know it something different. This one gets right down to business! Miraculously it does all of this without sacrificing any mobility either (owing in part to the ribless design).

The abutment arm and tab are identical to that of the Eupho with its slimmer more minimal design. The tab itself is smaller than that of the MGX so that it yields a more focused pressure (albeit over a smaller area). Surprisingly, even with the smaller surface area of the tab it appeared to anchor the unit as well or better than its predecessor.

From my very first trial with the Helix we were fast friends! For me, there was no learning curve or having to become accustomed to it. I inserted it and started having involuntaries within several minutes, shortly after…I was immersed in Super O’s.

Pros

The Helix is the best unit that HIH has designed since their introduction of the MGX Classic years ago. It’s my opinion that it’s an excellent choice for the advanced user and newbie alike. I anticipate that this unit may give those users who have been having difficulties crossing over that extra push they need.

Furthermore I won’t be surprised if the Helix supplants the MGX as the flagship model in the Aneros line.

Cons

Probably not for SGX users or for those who are having trouble accommodating the MGX already.

Final Impressions

If you’re only buying one Aneros massager….this is the one to get!

Conclusions

In reading this review one might get the impression that I’ve reduced all of this to the level of an old fairytale with …one too big, one too small and another just right. This would be a mistake however. There is a great deal to admire in all 3 of Next Generation models. You’ve just gotta know what you’re getting into! Hopefully this review will have helped you somewhat in that regard.

It’s clear that HIH took a great deal of time and made a creative leap here… and in my opinion it’s paid off big time. To be sure several of these models are more esoteric, but it just goes to show that the manufacturer is open to change and innovation. Well done HIH...keep it (and us) coming!

Cheers,

BF Mayfield

Hello,

First time poster but I would like to thank you for the new reviews. I have been using to sgx model for the past 11 months with good results and lots of practice. You recommend a user be advanced before use of the new maximus. I have used a smaller model but would like to try the maximus when I purchase the new helix. Do you think this amount of time is enough to use the maximus model.

Thank you

Micheal

ReplyQuote
(@michealj)
Active Member Customer

Originally Posted By: michealj

Hello,

I would like to correct an error on my post. I have been using the MGX model for the past 11 months.

Thank you

Micheal

ReplyQuote
B Mayfield
(@b-mayfield)
Topic starter  

MichaelJ,

Thanks for the correction. The Maximus would be quite a step up indeed from the diminutive SGX. Let me clarify something, first my use of the term advanced was perhaps misplaced. What I was driving at was that (in my opinion) the Maximus was best suited for an experienced user....one who has had consistent results (Super O's) with one of the other models and was looking for different sensations. In my estimation the Maximus is not the kind of unit that people use to cross-over to the Super O for the first time (although one or two users have reported doing just that). As my review states, of the Next Gen. units the Helix is best suited for that purpose.

If what you're after is an upgrade in size, you should know that the width (girth) of both units at their widest point is pretty much identical. The difference with the Maximus is that the body of the unit retains that same width for a greater portion of it's length, whereas the Helix tapers down. The Helix is definitely more agile though, so from that standpoint it is a better choice for experienced users (those who have experience with the Super O) and newer users (those who don't).

BF Mayfield

ReplyQuote
(@big_o)
Member Adventurer

B Mayfield,

Realizing that each of us are different in our experiences with the Aneros, how would you describe the relative intensities of sensations from the Maximus and Eupho as compared to the Helix and MGX? I've been able to experience exquisite orgasms with the Helix and MGX, and before that the Classic (especially my frankenstein version which had an SGX abutment tab "welded" on. That one unfortunately finally broke beyond further repair and had to be tossed). I've pretty much decided I will add the Maximus & Eupho to my collection, but I'm just wondering if you feel they are more or less intense an experience than the models I already have. I do notice a fuller feeling with the MGX which I enjoy at times, so the Maximus should be a hit for me even if the resulting orgasms are less in number or intensity.

Thanks for your help as always.

ReplyQuote
B Mayfield
(@b-mayfield)
Topic starter  

Big O,

Although it's been a few months since I first wrote these reviews, I'd have to say that my initial impressions haven't changed that much. I would definitely recommend the Eupho, but I would have to say that I'm more lukewarm on the Maximus.

The Eupho doesn't afford quite the intensity of the Helix, but is more contoured and very well balanced so there's more play inside your rectum. That greater agility and more shapely surface translates into plenty of Super O building sensations.

The Maximus on the other hand feels great upon insertion (for the anal vets among us), and for a bit after, but when it comes to being responsive, this unit falls way short. After a while it has a "dull" feeling to it. From a purely mechanical perspective it has to be noted that the Maximus is just not balanced as well as it should be. That said, the Maximus has its fans.

Cheers,

BF Mayfield

ReplyQuote
(@guest)
Famed Member Customer

Hi BMayfield

Different strokes for different people, eh? 🙂 I just had a fantastic session last night with the Maximus. I was on my back and had tensed my muscles just right so that the involuntary contractions were moving the bulbous head of the Maximus back and forth over my prostate, with some pressure. Sensations out of this world, I was able to let it go on by itself (very hard to do, your mind WANTS to interfere and help), and I got these strong involuntary contractions to go on for like 20 minutes or so. It was a sensation of elation, euphoria, and ecstacy, but no release.

ReplyQuote
(@big_o)
Member Adventurer

B Mayfield & Fleshjoe,

Thanks for the additional info. Fleshjoe, your Maximus session sounds great and your story makes me look forward to trying that one out for myself : )

ReplyQuote
(@guest)
Famed Member Customer

Just a quick comment about the 'Maximus' - I've had the classic for a while, and got a Maximus about 6 months ago. It feels great, I like the slightly fuller feeling, and it hits the internal spot just right. However, I found that the perineum tab was a little closer than on the original, and felt a little 'pinched' - so I heated it with a heat-gun and bent it outward about 1/4" or so. Perfect! It made a huge difference. Now I just have to sand off the abrasive raised lettering on the sides... Tom.

ReplyQuote
(@assmaster)
Active Member Customer

(this post was edited 2006-01-22 15:46:54)

Hi
I've read a couple of your posts and have a helix in the mail now. Just wanted to clarify if an involuntary is the involuntary spasms muscles get when they have been tensing for a long time or is it something different. We've used plugs and the missus' toys before so can't wait to start putting the helix through it's paces!
Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@guest)
Famed Member Customer

Hi guys love reading the forums, I bought my MXG yesterday, and have used it twice. I would like to know if the orgasm you should expierience is the same as ejaculating when you masterbate (except dry of course).I can insert it and feel tingling as I contract, but not sure what the orgasm should feel like. can someone advise me. thanks. jason

ReplyQuote
(@guest)
Famed Member Customer

The orgasm will not feel like a traditional one. Your whole body will start to shake and quiver, then spasm unctonrollably. You won't feel it in your groin area if that's what you are hoping for. You feel it in your body. Head to toe, hard to explain. It starts with small spasms in the legs and some sudden body shocks, and builds up over minutes to full shaking.

ReplyQuote
(@guest)
Famed Member Customer

By the way, thanks B Mayfield for your insight, it helped me achieve my Super O last night after 5 months of trying. I get it now.

ReplyQuote
(@guest)
Famed Member Customer

Originally Posted By: Pan
Hi Guys,

Pan 🙂

Cheers,

Pan 🙂

I am an impotent man, married 41 years deeply in love with my wife, able to bring her to "super orgarsms" with my tongue, but unable to get or keep my penis hard. The Aneros has been the best thing ever to come along for me. If this next generation of Aneros devices lives up to what I am reading here, it will be wonderful for me and our marriage. I may be lucky or inexperienced, but I find the difference between a "prostate orgasm" and an "anal muscle orgasm" profound. To date I have only used the MGX, but when giving my wife oral orgasms, and just letting the Aneros be inside me, with only little tiny squeezes of my muscles there, so it just sorta slides in and out of my anal opening slowly, not really moving hard over my prostate....................launched me into an almost scary orgasm that lasted close to two minutes, convulsed my body in ecstasy, and just went on and on...............it was incredibly wonderful. No sperm, just this awesome full body orgasm, centered at the mouth of my anus, radiating out in waves of bliss almost beyond bearing. When I have combined the Male Chastity Device, the CB3000, with the Aneros, it has made this even more amazing. When you cannot touch your penis for a long period of time, 1) you cannot masturbate (I can masturbate soft, and with a bit of a stretched foreskin, some lube, and finger inserted, it can get really nice and incredible, wonderful actually, like fucking myself), and 2) your sexual energy builds up like a battery so you have a huge, huge orgasmic potential (imagine if you will the energy of a young man who needs lots of orgasms, with a not hard, erect penis able to enter a woman's vagina...so it is soft but horny). So there I am, licking my wife's clitoris, locked in chastity to prevent me from having any penile pleasure, with this Aneros inside me......................I think you get the picture. I firmly (I wish!) believe this may be the path to marital bliss later in marriage when men are impotent, and wives are still able to have sex. I may be wrong. I am still doing the research, but again, I am thankful for this Aneros. Even if time proves that a younger, erect man is necessary for your wife's ultimate and complete pleasure, perhaps bisexuality combined with the above mentioned Aneros powered addition to the equation, may allow for the continuation of the sexual life and experience and satisfaction of truly loving impotent husbands to function in a sexual paradise that fulfills both your wife's every need and your sexual needs.................who knows, it might be so much fun and such a turn on, that it could save many marriages that might otherwise fail. I know not. All I know is that if you do not have the courage to try new paths, you may never discover new worlds. In our case, we do not need such a scenario. But I am just free ranging mentally, so bear with me. It seems to me to be perhaps better than divorce or worse, but I may let the next generation sort that one out. All I do know is that a good marriage is all the time, and in 41 years of marriage, we have had total and constant happiness, but only about 3 waking days of continuous orgasm (48 hours, 15 seconds per orgasm times that many years, etc...........do your own math). IT IS ALL THE REST OF THE TIME THAT MAKES UP MOST OF A MARRIAGE. So I have rambled. But I shall indeed buy all 3 of the new Aneros products, and try them. Heck, it is the orgasms that count! Thanks for your time and consideration of my indeed far out ideas.

ReplyQuote
(@tinymex)
Active Member Customer

Reading this I have the impression there are two different MGX, a Classic (Old) one and a new one. Are they still both on the market ? How to tell apart them from each other ?

ReplyQuote
B Mayfield
(@b-mayfield)
Topic starter  

TinyMex,

Yes, you have this right...there are two. The MGX Classic is currently available in the Volcano Pack (it's paired with the SGX). The main differences between the Classic and the New MGX are: 1) a longer abutment tab on the Classic such that it engages the perineum a bit closer to the scrotum and 2) raised nodules near the tip of the unit.

BF Mayfield

ReplyQuote
(@tinymex)
Active Member Customer

TinyMex,

Yes, you have this right...there are two. The MGX Classic is currently available in the Volcano Pack (it's paired with the SGX). The main differences between the Classic and the New MGX are: 1) a longer abutment tab on the Classic such that it engages the perineum a bit closer to the scrotum and 2) raised nodules near the tip of the unit.

BF Mayfield

Thank you BFM, but which one has the raised nodules near the tip ? The Classic or the New ? Is that supposedly the New ?
I will try to pass by a store in L.A. later this year, where I will have a stopover. If I will be short of time, I have to order in Europe where they always talk about the 'MGX', nothing with New or Classic. And there are almost no stores where one could pass by.
Thank you in advance,
TinyMex.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Skip to toolbar