Bring Back Peridise...

Notifications
Clear all

Bring Back Peridise Advanced Set

(@matt1008)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

I bought the Peridise Beginners Set a few years ago, and it still remains my favorite! I was hoping to buy the Advanced set eventually, but it looks like they discontinued it.

Since Aneros continues to sell the Beginners set (now labeled just "Peridise") along with the Complete Peridise set, it doesn't make much sense why they no longer have the Advanced ones available on their own. Can somebody familiar with the company tell me why? Not enough demand?

(@hermitkatwan)
Member Adventurer

I noticed this as well, and will be buying the complete set when money allows it.
If the two sets were available seperately, I would start with getting the beginner's set first.

ReplyQuote
(@mostinteresting1)
Reputable Member Customer

I too wished they had the option to complete the beginners set without having to buy the current 4 pack. I guess i could spread the love and give away the duplicates?

ReplyQuote
(@nubi1)
Active Member Customer

Try Amazon, some of their suppliers may still have some in stock.
Worst case scenario is buying the whole set; I got mine for $40 on Amazon.

ReplyQuote
(@canacan)
Prominent Member Customer

That is a major disappointment.

ReplyQuote
 rook
(@rook)
Member Adventurer

AGREED !

Same situation.

I've come to really like the 18mm Peridise and yearn for the 16mm.

Have plastic. Will order.

rook

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

What a strange thread. Hey, guys (and girls) don't be mean to yourselves. What is $70AUD against years of pleasure and enjoyment. I can't get one good meal and wine for that, and that soon passes through and is forgot! So what if there are a few bits of surplus plastic in the draw you should see my garage!
I jest a bit, but we do deserve happiness and pleasure - more of it would see the world a much more contented place. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@g-force)
Member Adventurer

@isvara
Funny.....I think the same way. What about the thousands of dollars we spend on vacations? Not to mention gambling, smoking, drinking, etc. My Aneros devices are like a really, really, cheap fabulous vacation that I can take over and over again!!

ReplyQuote
(@canacan)

I don't want or need a set of four... Even one would be enough for me. I am okay with two but I don't want to own too many devices.

Price isn't the real issue... Waste is.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I agree totally with @isvara and @G-Force. Aneros is the gift that keeps on giving.

ReplyQuote
 rook
(@rook)
Member Adventurer

Thanks to @isvara the point is well taken.

Engineers tend to look at the utility in the objects around them. I'll get to work on a project to employ the 'extras' that this move will generate.

Perhaps an estim project for the unemployed 22mm. Now, about that extra 18mm. ?????

ReplyQuote
(@matt1008)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

Thanks for your replies! I will end up buying the set of four someday, and save the extras for a buddy. 😉

With all the guys I've turned on to ordering their own Aneros products over the years, part of me feels that they kinda owe me those two additional Peridise sizes.

ReplyQuote
Wandering_Smoke
(@wandering_smoke)
Reputable Member Customer

I've always wondered why there wasn't an advanced set available. I bought the complete set first because there was no advanced set, and after what I read here I knew that I'd eventually want the smaller ones. It would have been nice if I had the choice to buy the advanced set later though.

I think alot of people would buy the advanced set. The way I figure it, is that most people buy the beginners set, being skeptical about them and choosing the cheapest option. Then they like them but they never get the others because it's a waste to buy two they already have.

ReplyQuote
(@canacan)

I've always wondered why there wasn't an advanced set available. I bought the complete set first because there was no advanced set, and after what I read here I knew that I'd eventually want the smaller ones. It would have been nice if I had the choice to buy the advanced set later though.

I think alot of people would buy the advanced set. The way I figure it, is that most people buy the beginners set, being skeptical about them and choosing the cheapest option. Then they like them but they never get the others because it's a waste to buy two they already have.

Exactly !

ReplyQuote
(@canacan)

Since the 2 piece set is not labeled beginner anymore, are we sure of the diameters of the models in it?
Could the Aneros team comment?

ReplyQuote
(@canacan)

I can confirm after measurment, that the new Peridise 2 pieces Set is indeed the beginner set (22mm and 18mm aka p1 and p3 of full set).

ReplyQuote
Share:
Skip to toolbar